Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i played through hollow knight after everything but the final dlc dropped so my perception of it is a bit skewed not knowing what growing pains it went through in early access/patches

It was amazing from the start and just got better over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Weird how Hollow Knight just kinda grew on me as I played it- the more you play it the more the simple-but-good mechanics sink in and the more you're just charmed by the overall presentation of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hvu8a9kD0k

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
joker date the metal gear

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I played Hollow Knight up to the boss fight for what I believed to be the bad ending. Then I got confused for awhile and looked up what I was missing. I think I totally missed an entire zone to the east. I think the entrance was obscured by an invisible wall. Then I never picked it up again.

I didn't dislike the game but it didn't resonate with me the way it seems to with the majority of people. That surprised me cause HK is definitely a game I should have loved.

I don't think I have played it since around the time Octopath released. I keep thing I should restart it and give it another whirl.

I think what I'm ultimately getting at is I wish Super Metroid was available on the Switch.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

I played Hollow Knight up to the boss fight for what I believed to be the bad ending. Then I got confused for awhile and looked up what I was missing. I think I totally missed an entire zone to the east. I think the entrance was obscured by an invisible wall. Then I never picked it up again.

There are multiple paths to the zone :colbert:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yoshi's Crafted World is very cute and good but also the return of the Yoshi's Story aiming cursor that can now aim into the background and foreground is making it so I have to stop for every shot and it kind of sucks. Also you can't spit out things you eat, trying to do so automatically eggs the enemy. Also worried that considering they get 13 flowers out of that one level between the back and front sides and the cow hunt, that there'll be less levels overall.

The Colonel posted:

daemon x machina demo was good, if a bit limiting with no weapons or armor shop

I love the idea of scavenging them from downed mechs.

Taintrunner posted:

Now I'm playing Isolation, which is much better, at least so far. I haven't found a gun yet, which is sad.

It's okay, you won't want to use it until like 8 hours in anyway.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Happy Valentime's

What are some good videogame romances? There have to be at least a handful by now. I think Farah and the Prince had a pretty good thing going in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, even if the sequels shot it to hell.

Yuri and Alice from Shadow Hearts
TNO and Grace from Planescape Torment
Link and Mipha from Breath of the Wild
Ark and Elle from Terranigma
Will and Kara from Illusion of Gaia
Squall and Rinoa from FF8
Cecil and Rosa from FF4
Mercedes and Manny from Grim Fandango
Guybrush and Elaine from Monkey Island
Ico and Yorda from Ico
Curtis and Trevor from Phantasmagoria 2
James and Mary from Silent Hill 2 (jk)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Doomguy + BFG 9000, Doom
Doomguy + a chainsaw, Doom

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Leon and that dog

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

There are multiple paths to the zone :colbert:

Get out of here!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Elaine can do so much better than Guybrush.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

meat boy and buzzsaws
doomguy and super shotgun
dante and getting impaled

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this is why you don't actually stop to do work at work in the middle of a post

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowcaster posted:

i played through hollow knight after everything but the final dlc dropped so my perception of it is a bit skewed not knowing what growing pains it went through in early access/patches

originally you play as the chained up hollow knight and wait for the vessel to come kill you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Leon and that dog

I will admit I was unironically dissapointed when that dog didnt show up in RE6. Like imagine at the end you get tossed a rocket launcher and its that dog.

Instead I got a game where Leon fails to keep his alternate universe self alive.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I have always liked Gwendolyn & Oswald because it is a relationship based entirely on :black101: from killing dragons or saving each other from hell - a real one and other that's just kind of a volcano place but still counts to me.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

FirstAidKite posted:

Link and Mipha from Breath of the Wild Sidon
Squall and Rinoa from FF8 whatever
Cecil and Rosa from FF4 being betrayed by Kain
Ico and Yorda from Ico's hand holding fetish
James and Mary from Silent Hill 2 (jk) driving into dead ends

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gwyndolin was shtupping oswald of carim in lost izalith? i knew it!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bearer of the curse and Lest

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Barudak posted:

I will admit I was unironically dissapointed when that dog didnt show up in RE6. Like imagine at the end you get tossed a rocket launcher and its that dog.

Instead I got a game where Leon fails to keep his alternate universe self alive.

they should have added a little white puppy to re2 for leon to save

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Big news guys I got my cast off my hand so I finally got to play RE2 and it rules.

Also Leon is the puppy:

https://twitter.com/everglaid_/status/1091364677093797889

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Sure she could, but she loves Guybrush all the same

Not exactly the best written romance of all time or anything but it's a nice little thing where two people so seemingly incompatible end up coming together and being a cute and adorable and loving couple

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

doomguy and super shotgun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Aren’t you the person who posted that video essay about Monkey Island that argued that Elaine falls in love with Guybrush precisely because he is the goofball that he is, and not a fearsome pirate?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jay Rust posted:

Aren’t you the person who posted that video essay about Monkey Island that argued that Elaine falls in love with Guybrush precisely because he is the goofball that he is, and not a fearsome pirate?

That's from the first Monkey Island, where Elaine's character is more autonomous, rather than the helpless window dressing she gets relegated to after the first two games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe it’s Guybrush who can do better than Elaine :tinfoil:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wonder how all those telltale devs ended up

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They all went to live on this really great farm in the country where they'll have lots of room to run around and be happy.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

wonder how all those telltale devs ended up
The ones working on the last season of Walking Dead got hired by Skybound to finish it. Don't know if they're going to stick around there though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1096087908757499905

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

lol

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

VideoGames posted:

Mario Maker 2??? This year?! Oh dear! I may have to eat my words.

I hope you can’t get a heart attack from overexcitement because I’ll have one.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What would you like to see in a MM2 (Mario maker 2)?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I hope you can’t get a heart attack from overexcitement because I’ll have one.

I'm seriously concerned for any game that comes out after it this year and into the next. I played the first game daily for hours for like a solid 8 months.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Super Mario 64

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Jay Rust posted:

Mario 2 poo poo. That Doki Doki poo poo.

*I know it's unrealistic because of how different those games are but I still want to play around with it*

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Mario Land tileset

Also if mystery mushrooms aren't usable in every tileset this game is going straight in the garbage

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

A filter that detects autoplaying levels and deletes them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

slopes, and they already added that. so idk, maybe a donkey kong 94 tileset with the moveset you'd expect, logic gates and poo poo basically just turn it into little big planet, uh 4 player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did the original mario maker have the boot from mario 3, because if not then the boot, from mario 3