Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

What would you like to see in a MM2 (Mario maker 2)?

Tbh the trailer already showed most of the poo poo I wanted and some other stuff I didn't even know I wanted. I know SMB2 mechanics are highly requested but I don't care about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Bowsette

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

axelblaze posted:

Mario Land tileset

Also if mystery mushrooms aren't usable in every tileset this game is going straight in the garbage

Somehow I don't think 150+ costumes have been rendered in at least 5 different art styles.

And also I imagine they're not all coming back.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

did the original mario maker have the boot from mario 3, because if not then the boot, from mario 3

It had the boot and also heels.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

A way to browse and find levels that isn't awful

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

It had the boot and also heels.

very blizzard, i approve

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

Somehow I don't think 150+ costumes have been rendered in at least 5 different art styles.

And also I imagine they're not all coming back.

Straight

In

The

Garbage

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Only the most important 2 alternate sprites need to return: long Mario and the Mercedes

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Oh I guess one thing I didn't see was an overworld creator. It'd be badass to have a nice layout to link your levels together with

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Relax Or DIE posted:

Only the most important 2 alternate sprites need to return: long Mario and the Mercedes

Sorry this is factually the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozC5aru8tYw

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Hotel Mario

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Someone explain these to me please :(

Oh god these are offenively bad.

And whoever made them even hosed up the best of them by making it "I want to Mario-you Valentine" instead of just" I want to Mario, Valentine".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
I WILL DESTROY YOU.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jay Rust posted:

even more of my friend boo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
I WILL DESTROY YOU.

even now i can hear these exact soundclips in my head

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

A way to browse and find levels that isn't awful
they did that when they added super expert, all the trash goes into super and regular expert is where the cool stuff gravitates

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

they did that when they added super expert, all the trash goes into super and regular expert is where the cool stuff gravitates

No I want a way to browse creators, see levels other people recommend and stuff

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does Mario maker let you add your own Mario paint music?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Does Mario maker let you add your own Mario paint music?

Kind of

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

even now i can hear these exact soundclips in my head

GO GO GO

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

even more of my friend boo

big fan of the yoshi's island boos

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah that would be good, somehow none of these creation games that part right. even dreams kind of sucks at that, which they acknowledge by just letting people curate stuff manually and build collections of what they think is cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Frankly boos are cooler than Kirby

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I guess to give more detail, you cold place note blocks and also control the sound they made and you could make objects hit them at the right times and people used this to make music, It worked like an extremely jank Mario Paint music maker.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Jay Rust posted:

This is such a weirdly specific thing that I can't imagine Nintendo would want to spend the money/effort to make it work, but I would like a way to be able to edit levels with a screen while it is docked, which I think would only be reasonably possible if there was a way to edit via a second Switch. A lot of times I've done level editing it's been with a group where we would all hang out and try it out as a group, and several streamers (well, pretty much just Giant Bomb) had a lot of great content where they'd stream their level editing so that the community could also participate.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jay Rust posted:

Frankly boos are cooler than Kirby

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

yeah that would be good, somehow none of these creation games that part right. even dreams kind of sucks at that, which they acknowledge by just letting people curate stuff manually and build collections of what they think is cool

The problem is that while some levels are obviously garbage, there are also many that are far more in the eyes of the beholder. Like some people like the auto playing levels while other people think that they are the bane of the game. Some people live for the Kaizo stuff and some of that stuff is insanely well designed, but 99% of people that get to those levels won't be able to make it passed the first screen and will think it's garbage.

Much of this can be solved with community curation and a thorough tag system but Nintendo have never bee great about that stuff and even if they make it easier to link to good levels, I don't think Nintendo would ever want to implement something like negative tags or downvoting.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Wario maker dlc where you can play MM levels but be the invincible, block smashing Wario. Just gently caress people's levels up.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Jay Rust posted:

If you were going to spell out it why even bother abbreviating.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

If you were going to spell out it why even bother abbreviating.

So other people participating in the conversation can use MM2 knowing that it has been defined within the conversation and will probably not be confused with Mega Man 2.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/108/status/1096089261047197696

Tim Rogers really liked Crackdown 3

I'll be playing it since I already have Game Pass

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
X posting

Celebrate the day with a new waifu
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1096107261674573825

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I wish you didn't.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Tetris BR has double the viewers of PUBG on Twitch

This amuses me greatly

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Only the most important 2 alternate sprites need to return: Slippy and Chie Satonaka

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Internet Kraken posted:

Tetris BR has double the viewers of PUBG on Twitch

This amuses me greatly

They still haven't put Tetris 99 in as its own game though, so it looks on the browse screen like everyone suddenly got super into Game Boy Tetris.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

There's a fantastic level in Wooly World that's just called "Yoshi, the Terror of All Boos"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Tetris 99 is annoyingly low effort (basis bland graphics, online only, single so-so Tetris remix for music, single mode, very few options, classic game with current trend pasted on) and it's especially annoying because it is still SO loving GOOD.

It being free helps, though I'd honestly have paid for it.

It is a really good companion to Tetris Effect because other than controlling well and being Tetris, one does perfectly what the other lacks and vice versa. Tetris Effect is still the better game, but it's also way more expensive and has pretty much nothing for you if you want to play versus Tetris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
God Eater 3 is really really good and if you like hunting games, anime, or flex tape, you should get it.