Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
meep

Baloogan has issued a correction as of 10:11 on Feb 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Yah I was thinking of making one that’s 1/4 of A4 size that incorporates the face and text, like a classic old timey label so that you could just print out a piece of paper, cut it in 4, and have four labels to glue on, but then you need paste

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

Yah I was thinking of making one that’s 1/4 of A4 size that incorporates the face and text, like a classic old timey label so that you could just print out a piece of paper, cut it in 4, and have four labels to glue on, but then you need paste

im hoping to use 2.25 x 1.25 labels for this, i can use a label printer (and since its uses thermal paper, theres no limit on black ink at all (theres no ink), go nuts)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

out of curiosity, did you put a return address on the items or are they just gone if there wasn't enough postage? lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

Uhhhhh

twoday
May 4, 2005

I’ll put return addresses on the replacement batch for sure

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

imagine being the postal worker 50 years from now who opens them in a dead letter department

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
actually poo poo i got better labels

im gonna use these ::

twoday
May 4, 2005

lol, I was thinking about this, the confused mail detective gathering them together and trying to figure out what happened.

One of them says something on the back of it similar to: “I was unable to locate the Dorbald Tundo you requested, so I apologize and in addition to sending you a Dumbo Topel I am also enclosing one additional Dirpal Trupop”

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I took the best prints from that batch, carefully packaged them, put them in the mailbox with inadequate postage, and mailed them directly to some giant shredder, and if that is the case I will send replacement prints from the original batch as well as a tarot card or something else to compensate for the loss of the original print.

But also just lol

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

What if they are all mailed to Donald Trump?

Thw mail always goes through

twoday
May 4, 2005

twoday
May 4, 2005

Uranium posted:

What if they are all mailed to Donald Trump?

Thw mail always goes through

He would like them I bet

You are in the same city as me ATM so if you didn’t get yours by now I’m beginning to think I hosed it up

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

twoday posted:

lol, I was thinking about this, the confused mail detective gathering them together and trying to figure out what happened.

One of them says something on the back of it similar to: “I was unable to locate the Dorbald Tundo you requested, so I apologize and in addition to sending you a Dumbo Topel I am also enclosing one additional Dirpal Trupop”

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I took the best prints from that batch, carefully packaged them, put them in the mailbox with inadequate postage, and mailed them directly to some giant shredder, and if that is the case I will send replacement prints from the original batch as well as a tarot card or something else to compensate for the loss of the original print.

But also just lol

Intentional or no, this entire project is some goddamned excellent performance art and the dead letter postie is the best possible postscript

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
woot thanks

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

He would like them I bet

You are in the same city as me ATM so if you didn’t get yours by now I’m beginning to think I hosed it up

you might get em back

it's happened to me before

additional data point I am in said city and have not received torlbm nor tyrmp

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

an idea for at least part of one of the pages in the book: mark zuckerberg killing a goat with a laser pistol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

But also just lol

Well we know at least one will be going to President of the United States Donald John Trump on his golden throne

twoday
May 4, 2005

We do? Why?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

We do? Why?

because if they send it to whoever is named on it in 50 years that's gonna be the only recognizable name

well, him, and some badlands warlord named Drepnald Turnip

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Epic High Five posted:

about 3/4 of the way through God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater and it's already bucking against Cat's Cradle to become my favorite Vonnegut book

It should absolutely be required reading, along with Grapes of Wrath, for high schoolers lol

I'm reading Grapes of Wrath right now and it owns. I'll have to check out Rosewater next, though my fave Vonnegut book is Mother Night.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

UrbicaMortis posted:

I'm reading Grapes of Wrath right now and it owns. I'll have to check out Rosewater next, though my fave Vonnegut book is Mother Night.

Mother Night is real good, think of it like Mother Night is the meat of Grape of Wrath whereas Rosewater are the communist asides

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Epic High Five posted:

Mother Night is real good, think of it like Mother Night is the meat of Grape of Wrath whereas Rosewater are the communist asides

:eyepop:

twoday
May 4, 2005

I also have not read it but the summary I just read seems pretty legit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

I also have not read it but the summary I just read seems pretty legit

quote:

Thus did a handful of rapacious citizens come to control all that was worth controlling in America. Thus was the savage and stupid and entirely inappropriate and unnecessary and humorless American class system created. Honest, industrious, peaceful citizens were classed as bloodsuckers, if they asked to be paid a living wage. And they saw that praise was reserved henceforth for those who devised means of getting paid enormously for committing crimes against which no laws had been passed. Thus the American dream turned belly up, turned green, bobbed to the scummy surface of cupidity unlimited, filled with gas, went bang in the noonday sun.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
This owns

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i guess i should post here too, check out these four big chungi that arrived today

i'm having trouble finding a space on the office walls for this quadriptych, probs gonna have to move some stuff around, but they're going up one way or another

gonna get some fine walmart quality frames for them unless the goodwill store miraculously has a matching set of four

twoday
May 4, 2005

OK, well this is good

twoday
May 4, 2005

Try closing your eyes and reading Trump's face like Braille, it's fun

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

twoday posted:

Try closing your eyes and reading Trump's face like Braille, it's fun

nothin yet but I have a feeling I was pretty far from you

twoday
May 4, 2005

Hmm

How long does it normally take a letter to cross the country?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bilirubin posted:

Intentional or no, this entire project is some goddamned excellent performance art and the dead letter postie is the best possible postscript

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Duscat posted:

i guess i should post here too, check out these four big chungi that arrived today

i'm having trouble finding a space on the office walls for this quadriptych, probs gonna have to move some stuff around, but they're going up one way or another

gonna get some fine walmart quality frames for them unless the goodwill store miraculously has a matching set of four

best loss edit ive seen so far

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
my print showed up but the intrepid folks of the post office tore a corner off the envelope stuffing it into my mailbox

this make s it more authentic IMO

twoday
May 4, 2005

That's great! I think yours was one of the ones with inadequate postage so if you got yours then everyone else should to. You were geographically the closest one to me, so the rest should begin pouring in over the next few days

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

please make a tromp themed tarot set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Tainen posted:

please make a tromp themed tarot set

Sure, post more card ideas

(when I said "I have an idea" on the last page because of the hobo signs, this was the idea I had)