Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

here's what's fresh from the year 2162:

new technology! even more commerce bux!

poking around on the islands to the east. found a unity pod full of money. neat!

nothing is different!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Glorgnole posted:

picture yourself as a weary colonist on a hardscrabble-rear end planet. the last group of folks you sent out in a colony convoy had their brains eaten by the locals. the most current survey data shows that your little peninsula looks like this:

where are you going to send your buddies to take another crack at building a new base? will it be Wormburg Crater, population 60 million? not likely.

it's mostly a "haven't gotten around to it yet" thing. i'd need to clear out the crater to maximize usefulness (7/9ths of the area with the bonus is covered by fungus and worms!), which would be expensive both in terms of former actions to clear the fungus and in losses to (wimpy gaian pacifist) military units to get rid of the spore tower. also i prioritized establishing coastal bases to open up access to more unity pods and sea bases because it's very lame to be stuck on a little continent, and there isn't a way to place a coastal base that snags a currently-accessible portion of the crater's mineral bonus. Ligma Falls is sited to maximize access to energy, since rivers provide an energy bonus which stacks with base tile production and forests.

Yea that's fair. As long as you have a plan to settle it in like 6 months real time or so, your expansion strategy is solid.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

doh sorry I’ve been busy I’ll send along the turn

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I have exclusive pirate video of the most recent election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXi1begBop0

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

which of you dinguses has the save? i sent it on to improb lobster over a week ago!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i sent mine off too :shrug:

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i think it's still with the University. paging forums poster luigi thirty!

Luigi Thirty posted:

doh sorry I’ve been busy I’ll send along the turn

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I sent it days ago?

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

looks like the save file is moving again. keep an eye out!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

looks like the save file is moving again. keep an eye out!

i've got it and will send it on tonight after work. also lol:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

there’s a worm boil that just fuckin appeared out of nowhere next to my awesome base lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i got a combat report this turn, i think the Isle of the Deep that was near my base Severe Punishment tried to attack the base and was blown up. i'm not sure which battle i lost though :S

also despite my strong belief that ACAB i have switched to Police State to take advantage of the Hive's "immunity to inefficiency" bonus which ignores negative efficiency modifiers of Social Engineering policies. normally the Police State policy is +2 Support/+2 Police/-2 Efficiency however for the Hive it is +2 Support/+2 Police:

i've got a large fleet of Formers and need that +2 Support!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yea police state for the hive is a no-brainer.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i still have the save file because it seems that every scout patrol on the planet has disappeared and i'm trying to figure out why it happened and how to fix it. might have to roll back to an earlier point in this turn.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Glorgnole posted:

i still have the save file because it seems that every scout patrol on the planet has disappeared and i'm trying to figure out why it happened and how to fix it. might have to roll back to an earlier point in this turn.

WOOOOORMS

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

is it only ones patrolling or also ones holding at bases?

edit: i hope all of ya'll have been CC'ing Glorg on each e-mail to make a roll-back easier!

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Pile Of Garbage posted:

is it only ones patrolling or also ones holding at bases?

edit: i hope all of ya'll have been CC'ing Glorg on each e-mail to make a roll-back easier!

Smoka, via email from catjail posted:

yo! I'm on probation so it's not just my scout poo poo that disappeared? that is loving hilarious! I thought I got hosed somehow rofl oh man

RIP in peace to our beloved scouts

yeah, every last scout patrol was missing. I noticed because all of a sudden my bases didn't have any garrison and started to riot, and when I checked the Hive they were missing some units that were present in their last screenshot. the planetary military info display showed that no one had any active at all -- very strange!

anthonypants's last Spartan save didn't have anything weird going on as far as I can tell (though the Spartans, being Spartans, have moved way beyond the puny scout patrol...). I played through that turn a couple times, as well as smoka's Pirate turn and the Gaian turn, and it looks like all the missing scouts are back where they should be. we'll roll back to the Spartan turn and hopefully that'll fix things.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
that’s the weirdest bug I’ve ever heard of lol

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

anthonypants (still imprisoned) posted:

oh my god I'm replaying this turn and I remember loving around in the workshop and getting rid of a bunch of units and I remember I couldn't get rid of the 1/1/1 scouts, but apparently I deleted them from the rest of the game? lmao that loving rules

btw it's gonna say I played this turn twice so you can't get mad at me. I didn't gently caress around in the workshop this time though

anthonypants posted:

I guess I blew up all the scout patrol units with a surprise santiago sneak attack

but then the freaken UN had to get all up in my poo poo about it and made me undo it which, if you think about it, is the real injustice,

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I loev this thread

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

glorg beat me to it but:

https://twitter.com/anthonypants/status/1095374626052427777?s=19

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

my bases think they have governor on and my unit designs got renamed?

maybe we should roll back to whatever turn before all this broke

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

i loaded up the save i sent you and it looks like you ended up in omniscient scenario editor mode?? weeeird...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Glorgnole posted:

i loaded up the save i sent you and it looks like you ended up in omniscient scenario editor mode?? weeeird...

lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

wait i've got the save at the moment should i play it and send it on or wait?

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

was anything else screwed up in your most recent turn? missing units or tile improvements? did it also put you into editor mode or was that just me?

i'd suggest pressing onwards unless something really disruptive happens, for a somewhat subjective definition of really disruptive.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I think I was in editor mode yeah. nothing seemed broken other than that

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i just fired up the save and also found myself in editor mode but when i switched out of it i was able to complete my turn without issues and sent it on to improb lobster. if you open the save and can see the whole map just hit Ctrl+K to deactivate editor mode.

here's the current faction stats:

also as a learning experience from the recent calamity we should probably avoid touching any default units prefixed with an asterisk in the Workshop:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I've been lurking this for a while and oh man it's pretty funny how buggy this poo poo is turning out to be

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i just fired up the save and also found myself in editor mode but when i switched out of it i was able to complete my turn without issues and sent it on to improb lobster. if you open the save and can see the whole map just hit Ctrl+K to deactivate editor mode.

also as a learning experience from the recent calamity we should probably avoid touching any default units prefixed with an asterisk in the Workshop:

I'm kind of thinking that the thing with the scout patrols was even possible because some subtle scenario editor fuckery was already happening behind the scenes. I'll do a more detailed examination of the past saves when I get some more free time.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

WilWheaton posted:

I've been lurking this for a while and oh man it's pretty funny how buggy this poo poo is turning out to be

yea, me too. i apologize for losing interest but really it's way better cause glorgnole's effortposts are a lot more fun

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

WilWheaton posted:

"turning out"

the d&d game threads always started with a huge list of bugs you weren't allowed to exploit

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

I'm kind of thinking that the thing with the scout patrols was even possible because some subtle scenario editor fuckery was already happening behind the scenes. I'll do a more detailed examination of the past saves when I get some more free time.

could it be...that someone is cheating in a smac pbem game for fun? :lol:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

raminasi posted:

"turning out"

the d&d game threads always started with a huge list of bugs you weren't allowed to exploit

Rules such as "you will not use any of the Podestas emails because that would make the DNC lose the elections, nor you will use the Piss Tape because".

Oh no, wrong D&D sorry.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Pile Of Garbage posted:

could it be...that someone is cheating in a smac pbem game for fun? :lol:

i wasn't thinking of that in the cheating sense, more in a buggy chain of causes and effects way. bits getting flipped and that sort of thing.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

2163: the year we make contact (with a pirate gunboat)

worms took over one of my monoliths, so due to the commerce mechanics my energy income at the Paris of the Fungus-Infested Crater is flagging a bit. i'm trying to save up enough cash to buy that sea colony pod outright.

(bonus incriminating evidence of me snooping around the university!)

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

2164.png

219... the yospos number...

the spartans reach allll the way across the continent and stick a base in the jungle

what about those worms?

oh

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

One of my bases got eaten by worms :( please donate to the university so I can rebuild it

donate 49.95 energy credits and get a free tote bag

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Luigi Thirty posted:

One of my bases got eaten by worms :( please donate to the university so I can rebuild it

:yossame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Drone Riots: U of P underclassmen fed up with 20hrs/week of cold calling alumni, demand compensation beyond paltry "work-study credit"