Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wore polos or button downs to work every day except Sundays for the first couple of years before realizing nobody cares. Now I'll wear a Power Trip or Immolation tee if I'm feeling frisky. I am one of the least metalhead looking people around outside of my shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

In general we're supposed to look "professional" but I've definitely shown up to a property management office to drop off a $3800 rental deal in a hoodie and jeans.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i drove with my boss out of state and he was late and in a rush and so i ran out of the house and forgot to bring a change of shirt.

i ended up giving a presentation to a client in a necros christos shirt

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

my company's dress code is extremely lax and i wear band shirts and jeans every day because im a child in his mid-30s

:same:

Most of my t-shirts are band shirts, so it's usually that and jeans for me. Cargo pants if I'm feeling extra anti-corporate.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Camo cargo pants?

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

42 year old manchild wearing a Gorguts hoodie at work checking in. I don't have much real life contact with clients but when I do and I do happen to wear band stuff it feels pretty dumb discussing tax debts with company owners, but what are you going to do bitch i am the government

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

band shirt and shorts p much every day, gotta live that florida goth life

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kilometers Davis posted:

band shirt and shorts p much every day, gotta live that florida goth life

my one complaint about my company's dress code is that i'm in the middle of a florida swamp and i still have to wear long pants every day

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

We have a sorta strict dress code at work, but outside of clothing it's fair game. I got band stickers all over both work laptops, my thermos, Written in Waters wallpaper and might hang a flag or two up. They also let me jam nonstop the entire workday so that's pretty great.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kumba posted:

my one complaint about my company's dress code is that i'm in the middle of a florida swamp and i still have to wear long pants every day

RIP your hot balls

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Minto Took posted:

Camo cargo pants?

Black.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Every time I think of getting away with wearing a band shirt to work I think of this article

https://thehardtimes.net/news/kid-carcass-shirt-little-good-frog-dissection/

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Are cargo jeans a thing?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Are cargo jeans a thing?

that's so fuckin balkan it hurts

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
How come I'd never seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6ZRmFy50I

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Back to Cannabis Corpse for a second, "Left Hand Pass" is an inspired title.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bertrand Hustle posted:

:agreed:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

At my gubmint job right now in a Portal hoodie.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It is, although I'm still waiting for "Bongward to Golgotha".

szary
Mar 12, 2014
I love "420th Crusade", it's dumb enough to be funny plus it always reminds me to listen to some Bolt Thrower

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

"Papyrus Containing the Spell to Protect Its Possessor Against Attacks from He Who Is in the Bong Water " is a very obvious joke but extra long titles always rule

edit: a haunted bong from ancient egpyt would be the plot of an early 2000's stoner comedy

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The Weeding :v:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

yeah power trip did a few things with PBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnI7rUdt1-Q

Parachute
May 18, 2003
power trip on sesame street please

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
BLOOD FIRE DANK
Fade to Green
Sons of Northern Dankness

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Best Nile album? I'm partial to Annihilation of the Wicked but What Should Not Be Unearthed got me through a road trip right after it came out so I have good feelings for it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
amongst the catacombs hands down.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Omnikin posted:

Best Nile album? I'm partial to Annihilation of the Wicked but What Should Not Be Unearthed got me through a road trip right after it came out so I have good feelings for it

Annihilation of the Wicked is my favorite but they’re all great.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Black Seeds of Vengeance > Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka > In Their Darkened Shrines > Annihilation of the Wicked > bleh

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Omnikin posted:

Annihilation of the Wicked for me, but Black Seeds is close.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Oldstench posted:

Black Seeds of Vengeance > Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka > In Their Darkened Shrines > Annihilation of the Wicked > bleh

Trying to rank Nile is like trying to rank Bolt Thrower for me. I just like them going into my ear holes.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Kilometers Davis posted:

My favorite is probably Annihilation of the Wicked followed by In Their Darkened Shrines.

They're all drat good though.

Their new stuff is amazing. This has probably one of my favorite riffs, the real sludgy one that starts at about a minute in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzQeHo92Bpo

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 14, 2019

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

As far as gimmicks in metal go, Nile's has got to be one of the best.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Ithyphallic is my favorite, it has some sick doom riffs over blast beats, and the standard Nile fast riffs. Also 11 string fretless guitar for those insane slides Karl is doing all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkgHphQr4j0

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Karl is also one of the most evil-sounding death metal vocalists out there. In terms of just sounding like an absolute loving inhuman monster, he ranks with dudes like Chase Mason (Gatecreeper), Antti Boman (Demilich), Lord Worm... just like a god-damned zombie on the mic.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Trick question though every Nile album is the best Nile album.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Black Seeds of Vengeance 100%

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Karl is also one of the most evil-sounding death metal vocalists out there. In terms of just sounding like an absolute loving inhuman monster, he ranks with dudes like Chase Mason (Gatecreeper), Antti Boman (Demilich), Lord Worm... just like a god-damned zombie on the mic.

You know, one thing that really makes me love Nile’s sound is that their vocals always have that “pissed off ancient evil emerges from a tomb” vibe. It’s awesome.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm sure he's just thinking about ingesting a 5 dollar meal and Ra

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kilometers Davis posted:

“pissed off ancient evil emerges from a tomb”

Again in angerrrrr...

MUST I RISE

:black101:

Dallas was definitely the most human-sounding, especially his higher shouty vocals, but he could hit those creepy subterranean rumbles with the best of them.

Brian's got some fuckin' pipes. Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i think travis ryan still holds the "how the gently caress did that sound come out of a human" award