Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He'd make a better Gurney to be honest, just ferociously hating Harkonnens. Duncan is a swordmaster though, I just...he's supposed to be smooth. Bond-esque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

kiimo posted:

AAAHHHH

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jason-momoa-dune-reboot-legendary-1203140272/

edit:

Finally get our chance to resurrect Drogo...thousands of times.
Well I blew that prediction

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
aww gently caress how did @duneauthor get to be a producer

abort! abort!

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

kiimo posted:

He'd make a better Gurney to be honest, just ferociously hating Harkonnens. Duncan is a swordmaster though, I just...he's supposed to be smooth. Bond-esque.

There's that and also it's like Tom Cruise or Will Smith. No matter who he plays, you cant see past the actor.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm pretty concerned this is gonna be poo poo now. I'd be happier if it was a cast of character actors and unknowns.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I'm fine with the choice, but he has to shave. Idaho doesn't have a beard. Esp not a big Rob Zombie one.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pimblor posted:

aww gently caress how did @duneauthor get to be a producer

abort! abort!

Also gently caress this noise. Why can't this idiot resign himself to playing in a sandbox. Newsflash, bitch! Only dorks who read star wars novellas like your poo poo! Gtfo of good books you hypervirgin!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Fuckin KJA too lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I think momoa is good for Duncan, he's got great physical presence which Duncan needs and he's an ok actor if nothing fancy.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Honky Dong Country posted:

Fuckin KJA too lmao

I knew it was too good to be true. Fuckin hollywood gotta give out the bjs.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I'm still fairly sure Villeneuve knows what hes doing (hes already splitting the movie, which is good, for once), and the rest of the casting seems decent to great. And Idaho is only in Dune for like a few chapters anyway, so it's a pretty minor thing (this hangup over the actor is entirely on me). And I guess itll be pretty lol to watch rebecca Ferguson clown on him that night he gets shitfaced drunk. But still it seems like one of those "cast the currently hot actor" approaches that can hurt an otherwise good movie. I guess you could argue the same for oscar isaac (hot off of star wars), but hes a pretty great actor given good material.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

@Duneauthor and KJA are meaningless producers with no power. It's just a vanity title for them.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Man, Momoa is way too big to be Duncan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yesterday goon saphojunkie texted me this

quote:

You guys I just walked out of DC comics and as I'm walking to my car I hear some dude scream yeah! Like really excited, and I turned around and it's Jason Momoa with double fists in the air walking out of DC with his agent behind him and a huge poo poo eating grin. So whatever is happening… Expect more Aquaman. Or maybe Bullet to the Head 2 just got greenlit lol

I guess Momoa is excited about this. Maybe he takes it seriously.

edit: oh I should mention Legendary, CBSi and DC are all in the same mega building.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 15, 2019

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiimo posted:

Yesterday goon saphojunkie texted me this

I guess Momoa is excited about this. Maybe he takes it seriously.

That's actually pretty :kimchi:

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

hawowanlawow posted:

Man, Momoa is way too big to be Duncan

Yeah I always saw him as this lithe catlike guy

And Gurney as a squat thick tank

And thurfir just being too old for this poo poo, but God drat if he ain't gonna play the Harkonnens on the way out

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Farrier Theaks posted:

And Gurney as a squat thick tank

Kai Greene as Gurney

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Michael Gambon as Thufir.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

John Hodgman as Count Fenring.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Judy Tenuta as Lady Fenring

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think Momoa will be good. Like seb said he's not exactly a huge part of the story. They prolly just want a dude that looks like he can gently caress people up.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

cptn_dr posted:

John Hodgman as Count Fenring.

That would... actually be really good.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Most producers are guys who cut a check or otherwise have a stake in the film production. Brian Herbert is a dumb fuckstick ransacking his father's legacy to boost his own sad lit career; but his taint probably isn't going beyond an advisory/note giving place.

God, i could, i have written better fiction than Brian. Amazing what having the right dad can do for a failson.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Judy Tenuta as Lady Fenring

With accordion!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Producer can mean anything from: A Big Deal with tons of say to Fuckin' Nothing, just a courtesy credit, so that by itself doesn't mean much

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Remember they always call on Duncan for special attention to the ladies

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he's not your stud!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Momoa isn't my image of Duncan but he'll work in his own way and he'll fit well enough as a super-swordmaster.

Also it's totally believable he could gently caress an honored matre into submission with the sheer power of sexiness. :fap:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
See, what they need to do is dye his hair platinum and give him metal eyes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

phasmid posted:

See, what they need to do is dye his hair platinum and give him metal eyes.

Put that way, Duncan Idaho kinda sounds Mary Sue as gently caress.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

They're gonna have him do a haka at the Harkonnen when they attack Arrakeen.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Momoa is Hawaiian not Maori

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

exmachina posted:

Momoa is Hawaiian not Maori

I know. But he's done it before.

E: https://youtu.be/1vK166iSwQc

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Put that way, Duncan Idaho kinda sounds Mary Sue as gently caress.

I just want him to look like Batou but noone else sees it. They want to make the swordmaster a pretty boy instead of a badass clone. I am alone :(

Lest we forget Duncan fights Stilgar in Dune 3 and only loses because he wants to die at the hand of someone who's still worth a drat. He breaks with the Atreides and commits suicide-by-Fremen. Duncan is a badass.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drat I wanna go out via Fremen now.

E: at least they'll put my water (booze piss) to good use. :colbert:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Your liquor shall mingle with ours.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

phasmid posted:

Your liquor shall mingle with ours.

:doit:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

"You shall be Boozle, which is 'The Sway of the Drunken Stagger.' This is your secret name in our troop, but you must choose the name of manhood which we will call you openly."

*Hic* "What do you call the puddle of vomit on your couch at a party?"

"We call that one Douchebag."

"May I be called Todd Douchebag?"

"You are Todd Douchebag."

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 15, 2019

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

phasmid posted:

I just want him to look like Batou but noone else sees it. They want to make the swordmaster a pretty boy instead of a badass clone. I am alone :(

Lest we forget Duncan fights Stilgar in Dune 3 and only loses because he wants to die at the hand of someone who's still worth a drat. He breaks with the Atreides and commits suicide-by-Fremen. Duncan is a badass.

He was just forcing Stilgar into action to keep Ghanima away from Alia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

d u n e