Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

When you realize you're stuck on a japanese gangster's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

anatomi posted:

What's racist about it? (Not from the US)

For one the 57 reference is a really weird way of calling Obama a Muslim because of dumb racist reasons

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

For one the 57 reference is a really weird way of calling Obama a Muslim because of dumb racist reasons
isn't it just a bottle of Heinz 57? What am I missing here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

isn't it just a bottle of Heinz 57? What am I missing here

During the 2008 campaign Obama misspoke, saying that he had traveled to 57 states when he mean to say 47 states. This was jumped on by conservatives, who said that Obama genuinely didn't know how many states were in the US because he was a Kenyan Muslim Manchurian Candidate sent to destroy the US

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gripweed posted:

During the 2008 campaign Obama misspoke, saying that he had traveled to 57 states when he mean to say 47 states. This was jumped on by conservatives, who said that Obama genuinely didn't know how many states were in the US because he was a Kenyan Muslim Manchurian Candidate sent to destroy the US

oh lmao, I totally forgot about that. jfc

I forget where I found this one but it's been open in a tab for a while and it makes me giggle:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

oh lmao, I totally forgot about that. jfc

I forget where I found this one but it's been open in a tab for a while and it makes me giggle:

That's the Parasite manga

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Maybe it was too distracting for the actual musicians who are not actors, I don't know. But yes, in this scene, looks silly.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1096092074770948096

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I don't see the Obvious Plant logo anywhere... what is this?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I don't see the Obvious Plant logo anywhere... what is this?!

Subtle Plant

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

dee eight posted:

i'm the tiny rat on a stick in the skull drink

I'm the noice

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Lol this makes me happy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ziv Zulander posted:

Memories :allears:

Didn't this one gain some media traction from like CNN or something for being (at the time) so outstandingly racist?

Pffft, you call that racist? Here in Australia we recently had a massive political poo poo-fight over giving refugees greater access to medical care (which the conservatives narrowly lost, which made them INCREDIBLY angry) and one cartoonist reacted with this:

Because the only reason those muslims want to get into our hospitals is to rape our white women, you see. That was printed in one of the biggest newspapers in the country.

AUSTRALIA
It's a poo poo hole that just keeps getting shittier
:toot:

Only MCMXCies kids will get this reference!

Paladinus posted:

Maybe it was too distracting for the actual musicians who are not actors, I don't know. But yes, in this scene, looks silly.

The TV show The Orville is pretty much Seth McFarlane lovingly remaking Star Trek TNG with jokes but I guess he loves music way too much to replicate this aspect. For a recent episode where the crew went to see a classical orchestra they brought in an actual 70 piece orchestra for the scene, and in one scene where a crew member's young son gives a piano recital the kid actually learned how to play the piece.
It's a big dumb show full of dumb lowbrow jokes (which I love) but everyone involved in it puts in the maximum effort. :allears:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
beware the insidious woman who cries "who wants to play cornhole?!"

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
country girls make do

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

How many layers of translation was that run through?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That would be an ecumenical matter.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i wish i could make folks as mad and still have the clout AOC seems to do effortlessly

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think that was supposed to be Dept. Of Taxing The Rich or am I failing to grasp his 5th Dimensional Level of Humor

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't see any states...? Is "No Farting Cows" the name of a state?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Samuringa posted:

I think that was supposed to be Dept. Of Taxing The Rich or am I failing to grasp his 5th Dimensional Level of Humor

He thinks it's a joke.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Not that many: https://bit.ly/2DJgOoM

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lobok posted:

I don't see any states...? Is "No Farting Cows" the name of a state?

States would be abolished

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I'd love to have a high speed rail out of Alaska, also it is connected by land.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Samuringa posted:

That's some poo poo I'd expect from Michael Pramirez, drat

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz posted:

States would be abolished

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ok This article makes a lot more sense now...

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

dudeness posted:

You mean "by snow".

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

I think it's some laffer curve bullshit where the rich just bail on their taxes and leave with all their money

this is seem as a justified, sane and proper action by the cartoonist

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
A train ride from Portland to Anchorage would be scenic as gently caress

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

RatHat posted:

It was a flavor explosion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

dudeness posted:

No Alaska is an island, idiot. It's right next to Hawaii.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RatHat posted:

The final nutraburg, one last bullet to flavor town.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

gbut posted:

You mean "by snow".

Maybe a few decades ago

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Fister Roboto posted:

No Alaska is an island, idiot. It's right next to Hawaii.

My wife believed this until about two months ago. She's a lawyer. We were telling her friends about it last weekend and one of them thought it was an island too.

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean ... it HAS many islands

Some of which are famous for infrastructure boondoggles