Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Is there any reason for a character with the Atronach Birthsign to start regenerating magicka? Google isn't helping find out if this a common bug or not. Is this the sort of thing a mod could cock up?

Edit: I have all the spell effects of the birth sign, including wombburn but I still regenerate magicka when I rest.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
A mod certainly could. Is it happening during active play, or just while resting? fake edit: While resting, okay. Huh. Post your modlist?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Vavrek posted:

A mod certainly could. Is it happening during active play, or just while resting? fake edit: While resting, okay. Huh. Post your modlist?

XE Sky Variations.esp
Tamriel_Data.esm
TR_Factions.esp
TR_Mainland.esm
TR_Preview.esp
TR_Travels.esp
Patch for Purists - Base Patch.esm
Patch for Purists - Book Typos.esm
Patch for Purists - Dialogue Inconsistencies.esm
Patch for Purists - Dialogue Typos.esm
Patch for Purists - Expansion Implementation.esm
Patch for Purists - Floating Rocks.esm
Patch for Purists - Statistic Typos.esm
DB_Attack_Mod.esp
Fix - Solstheim Topic.esp
VSBR.ESP (Vanilla Style Body Replacer)
USMA.esp (Unavailable Spells Made Available)
tribunal rebalance.ESP
Beware the Sixth House.ESP
Bloodmoon Rebalance.ESP

Plus Distant Land files and XE Sky Variations dumped into the data folder

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Weird. I was kind of expecting a Magic_Regen_for_Atronach.esp in there. Unavailable Spells Made Available could do it, indirectly, by making the Restore Magicka effect available, but I expect you'd notice if you had a piece of enchanted gear with that on it. That's probably a decent sanity/idiot test: there's no Restore Magicka effect sitting in your spell effects list, is there? (I figure not, but you might've missed it.)

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Vavrek posted:

Weird. I was kind of expecting a Magic_Regen_for_Atronach.esp in there. Unavailable Spells Made Available could do it, indirectly, by making the Restore Magicka effect available, but I expect you'd notice if you had a piece of enchanted gear with that on it. That's probably a decent sanity/idiot test: there's no Restore Magicka effect sitting in your spell effects list, is there? (I figure not, but you might've missed it.)

No, no spell effect. This was possible enough for me to load up the game again and check. I did load that mod specifically to make magic regen equipment.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

make sure your atronach birthsign spell effect actually has the negative effect, what is it like stunted magicka I think?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

make sure your atronach birthsign spell effect actually has the negative effect, what is it like stunted magicka I think?

All of the effects of wombburn are on my character including stunted magicka. Removing all mods from my load order doesn't fix this. HOWEVER: If I use EnableStatsReviewMenu and pick the Atronach sign again things work the way they're supposed to. So I'm going to do that and chalk this up to... consorting with illicit spectra? I don't know but I was able to fix it and all I have to do is buy all my spells again.

Edit: Adding another source of stunted magicka using that Unavailable Spells mod also works the way its supposed to. Only the first stunted magicka effect stopped working for some reason.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 12, 2019

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is it patch for purists that adds some weirdly not-purist stuff? I think I had it and it made all iron tantos look weird as gently caress

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
^^I doubt it because PFP is meant to address people's issues with the MPP doing poo poo like that. So probably the latter you're thinking of.

Happy Underpants posted:

XE Sky Variations.esp
Tamriel_Data.esm
TR_Factions.esp
TR_Mainland.esm
TR_Preview.esp
TR_Travels.esp
Patch for Purists - Base Patch.esm
Patch for Purists - Book Typos.esm
Patch for Purists - Dialogue Inconsistencies.esm
Patch for Purists - Dialogue Typos.esm
Patch for Purists - Expansion Implementation.esm
Patch for Purists - Floating Rocks.esm
Patch for Purists - Statistic Typos.esm
DB_Attack_Mod.esp
Fix - Solstheim Topic.esp
VSBR.ESP (Vanilla Style Body Replacer)
USMA.esp (Unavailable Spells Made Available)
tribunal rebalance.ESP
Beware the Sixth House.ESP
Bloodmoon Rebalance.ESP

Plus Distant Land files and XE Sky Variations dumped into the data folder

A couple notes about your load list. PFP makes the Solstheim rumor fix and DB attack mod obsolete. It changed the DB attacks to not start until level 8 because that's what Bethesda did on the Xbox version.

Also the Vanilla Style Body Replacer is broken. The hands are completely hosed. Since you're going light, not even using a head replacer, I suggest uninstalling it and just sticking to vanilla bodies. They're certainly better than VSBF, because the player hands are something you're going to have in view a lot.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Did i really not capitalize tribunal rebalance in my esp name

Wow

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Did i really not capitalize tribunal rebalance in my esp name

Wow

Sloppy :v:

I always rename mine in Mash anyway

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I found someone on reddit who had the same issue I did. It involved contracting the disease Astral Vapors and then getting it cured which matches what happened to me.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Happy Underpants posted:

So I'm going to do that and chalk this up to... consorting with illicit spectra?

Happy Underpants posted:

It involved contracting the disease Astral Vapors
You were right the first time. Good job.

(Astral Vapors is an Oblivion disease. What's adding it to Morrowind? TR?)

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Thank you to people in this thread for helping me out with mod issues, I've got everything working and I'm having a great time.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Vavrek posted:

Yeah Tamriel Rebuilt adds it.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Vavrek posted:

Yes. Looks like we have some testing to do.

Edit: Can't be replicated in OpenMW (tested by Capostrophic, one of the devs) and can't be replicated in the vanilla engine (by Evil Eye, a TR dev). It looks like this is going to be one of these bugs that have a third component, maybe an MCP option, interfering with it, which will make it very hard to evaluate properly.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 13, 2019

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How are people setting up their MGE XE shaders? I've tried with both the Morrowind Graphics Guide Shaders and the built-in ones set to Very High, but they both look pretty blown-out, especially in areas with bright fungi. Below are the results in a shop in Tel Mora.

MGG:

Built-in:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

hooah posted:

How are people setting up their MGE XE shaders? I've tried with both the Morrowind Graphics Guide Shaders and the built-in ones set to Very High, but they both look pretty blown-out, especially in areas with bright fungi. Below are the results in a shop in Tel Mora.

snip

Guessing it's the bloom doing that? I rolled my own selection downloaded from a couple different places, it's not too hard to modify it during gameplay so it doesn't take long.

Don't have access to my install right now unfortunately so I can't post it here. The STEP guide has a pack and some links with sample screenshots if you want something quick.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Private Speech posted:

Guessing it's the bloom doing that? I rolled my own selection downloaded from a couple different places, it's not too hard to modify it during gameplay so it doesn't take long.

Don't have access to my install right now unfortunately so I can't post it here. The STEP guide has a pack and some links with sample screenshots if you want something quick.

How do you change the shaders during gameplay?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

hooah posted:

How do you change the shaders during gameplay?

I meant that you can tweak them without starting a new game. You can script them as well though, but you'd need to learn scripting.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

hooah posted:

MGG:

Built-in:

lol if your fungus isn't so powerful you get grey skin and bloodshot eyes irl

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Private Speech posted:

I meant that you can tweak them without starting a new game. You can script them as well though, but you'd need to learn scripting.

I think shaders are just written in cpp?

The shader author thinks the screenshots above are due to a mod that sets light sources too bright, the default shaders are fairly tame and shouldnt be doing that

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Hmm, maybe it's Graphic Herbalism. I'll try taking that out today and see what happens.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
man this game is a pain in the rear end sometimes. I played for the first time in a while, no problems. quit. decided to play a little more, steam controller doesn't use the config anymore.

e: spontaneously started working again :confuoot:

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 14, 2019

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I think shaders are just written in cpp?

The shader author thinks the screenshots above are due to a mod that sets light sources too bright, the default shaders are fairly tame and shouldnt be doing that

Nah they are written in shader languages, it's a bit like cpp mixed with some machine code (less so nowadays, it's almost like C, but with vector primitives and no pointers and a lot of parallelisation aids) that gets compiled for and executed on the GPU.

e.g.: here's an alternative HDR one from the STEP guide

Also you can trigger them from scripts, which is a big part of what the MGE extensions from MWSE do, and what I was thinking of. Shader languages are a pain to learn and involve fairly complex math, not something to mess around with unless you find it interesting really.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 14, 2019

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
So the culprit was indeed Graphic Herbalism. Everything looks much better now!

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

hooah posted:

So the culprit was indeed Graphic Herbalism. Everything looks much better now!

Don't worry, GH is going to be remade soon :smug:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
month late hot-take oblivion is poo poo stop talking about it in the morrowind thread Tia

and what's the deal with the gray fox??

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
so it looks like the chests and cabinets in inns are mostly owned by the innkeep. I feel like this is pretty dumb and you should be able to safely keep poo poo there as long as you keep paying for rooms. also entertainers should apply to all inns

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SniperWoreConverse posted:

so it looks like the chests and cabinets in inns are mostly owned by the innkeep. I feel like this is pretty dumb and you should be able to safely keep poo poo there as long as you keep paying for rooms.

That'd require more game logic. The system as it is doesn't have to bother with time-limited ownership. And the advantage is that the innkeeper can barter everything that's in one of the inn's containers.

I suppose a way to do that would be to have one faction per inn and make it so that you are automatically added to the faction when buying a room and expelled by script after the rent expires, but that's very kludgy.

If you just want to dump your stuff, you can dump it on the floor and it's safe.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
or you could just leave the furniture empty and unowned and safe for storage or w/e, and then lock the door normally so you gotta pay to get back in (or break out your poo poo I guess)

I carefully put all my stuff on top of the chest i'm not a goddamn animal who throws 400 mushrooms on the ground and roots thru them like a scrib

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if you put a mark in there and let the door lock, could you recall in and sleep there or would it say the bed's owned or what? Could you just be a total jackass and use recall/intervention to avoid paying :10bux: a day?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
I don't think Morrowind stops you from sleeping in owned beds if no one can see you right? So that should work (and I love it).

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Many a time have I broken my way into an unoccupied bed room in a tavern, or someone's house, to get a quick nap.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm the Nerevarine. All the beds are mine.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm the Nerevarine. All the beds are mine.

I mean, do you ever see anybody else sleeping in them?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

I mean, do you ever see anybody else sleeping in them?

they do, you're just really noisy opening the door and always wake them up

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

so it looks like the chests and cabinets in inns are mostly owned by the innkeep. I feel like this is pretty dumb and you should be able to safely keep poo poo there as long as you keep paying for rooms. also entertainers should apply to all inns

Cat Mattress posted:

That'd require more game logic. The system as it is doesn't have to bother with time-limited ownership. And the advantage is that the innkeeper can barter everything that's in one of the inn's containers.

I suppose a way to do that would be to have one faction per inn and make it so that you are automatically added to the faction when buying a room and expelled by script after the rent expires, but that's very kludgy.

If you just want to dump your stuff, you can dump it on the floor and it's safe.

Funny you all mention that, since I literally just finished making a mod that ports a personal travel trunk to your bed the moment you pay for a night at an inn, and sends it back to the C&E office where you first find it after your time expires. It's been mostly tested. I can go package it up...

I was playing Kingdom Come Deliverance and liked that one concession to quality of life, the bottomless trunk to hold all your poo poo and all it cost was inn rent or traveling to your proper home, so I decided to add one in. Makes paying for an inn actually feel worth it.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Here's the Travel Trunk mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm7zlmbcitwql6a/STT_OneContainer2RuleThemAll.7z?dl=0

Container's found in the C&E Office, make sure you grab the key off the floor as the trunk locks whenever you leave it, and you also need the key to ask a guild guide to teleport it into whatever Mages Guild you're in. It ports to your stronghold, the barracks in Gnisis and Fort Frostmoth if you're a Legion member, as well as some other places noted in the readme. Otherwise you need to pay for a room at an inn to access it. The Publicans support is built in.

TR version coming sometime later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mountaineer posted:

Many a time have I broken my way into an unoccupied bed room in a tavern, or someone's house, to get a quick nap.

Same, that's why I appreciate these little nods to realism in the game.