Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's my bad. I asked for a thread title change before much had been revealed and VideoGames was on forums vacation at the time so it came through late. Fortunately the Apex hype has sort of helped to boost the titanfall chat. We'll see what happens with these supposed upcoming Titanfall reveals they promised.
You should probably ask them to change it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

Don't worry I'll let you and your Gibralter body pillow have some alone time now.

you loving suck.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sockpuppetclock posted:

You should probably ask them to change it back

I dunno, atm it's bringing in a lot of people who stopped talking about TF and are now talking about it again, and coordinating playsessions. Let's see what the TF announcements turn out to be, but from what I can tell TF is benefiting from peripheral AL awareness.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Apex Legends actually has a character that lives at home with his mother so I thought you guys would be stoked about representation

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
:getin: I've noticed PS4 numbers are up by a 1000 from mid afternoon - later evening est. I've not had any issues finding attrition matches.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Apex Legends actually has a character that lives at home with his mother so I thought you guys would be stoked about representation

Please do not throw shade at my boy Wonder Blue

Because that would reveal which of him is the decoy

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I am, it's actually cool they put me in the game as a fat scientist who thinks he's smarter than everyone else but is actually just huffing his own farts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am, it's actually cool they put me in the game as a fat scientist who thinks he's smarter than everyone else but is actually just huffing his own farts.

:drat: that's you?

[Close Friend Request]

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

s.i.r.e. posted:

They're pretty generic and one dimensional. Which is weird, because Respawn is great at developing character personalities.

If you kill me, you're better.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Skyarb posted:

If you kill me, you're better.

betteh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

If games had a little more hardcore loving and a little less hardcore killing I could fathom human civilization being X% healthier than the diseased trashpile we currently occupy but whatever, this is what we have and nothing will change and instead we have pronoucements of Totally Radical LGBTQ characters churning out the funbucks so one day they can afford to make more giant robot games to make me forget about the diseased trashpile we currently occupy...

lol I love this

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I dunno, atm it's bringing in a lot of people who stopped talking about TF and are now talking about it again, and coordinating playsessions. Let's see what the TF announcements turn out to be, but from what I can tell TF is benefiting from peripheral AL awareness.

Siege this weekend?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Why is this thread so stupid.

Also I love dropping in THE PIT, it seems like there's rarely another squad there and you have access to a few decently contested areas right next to it plus it feels sick to dive into a mountain. Had a drop last night where another team beat us to the ground, we were all able to run out to the west and grab some guns from that little lake respawn point and turned around to rush them and it felt extremely good. This game owns when I'm not getting dunked on.

E: whoa I thought this was the regular Apex thread my bad. I'm dumb as gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stan Taylor posted:

Stan Taylor posted:

E: whoa I thought this was the regular Apex thread my bad. I'm dumb as gently caress.

lol

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Been playing TF2, and I should have just been playing this with the two thousand or so die hards for the past two years instead of hoping that there would be a good Battlefield or other multiplayer game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Stan Taylor posted:

Also I love dropping in THE PIT, it seems like there's rarely another squad there and you have access to a few decently contested areas right next to it plus it feels sick to dive into a mountain. Had a drop last night where another team beat us to the ground, we were all able to run out to the west and grab some guns from that little lake respawn point and turned around to rush them and it felt extremely good. This game owns when I'm not getting dunked on.

my posting career in one post, folks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

El Jebus posted:

Siege this weekend?

Ya. Friday is my best evening, or real late saturday/sunday. I usually work evenings on the weekend.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Titanfall 2 was about as far as Source engine is gonna get, I get why TF3 was allegedly scrapped and restarted.

Titanfall 3 will be on Frostbite, and it will be the best game ever made, if it gets made.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wheeee posted:

Titanfall 2 was about as far as Source engine is gonna get, I get why TF3 was allegedly scrapped and restarted.

Titanfall 3 will be on Frostbite, and it will be the best game ever made, if it gets made.

Can frostbite do all the physics interactions re: momentum and poo poo? Like grav-well explosions giving you jump speed for slidehopping and curving bullets and poo poo?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Can frostbite do all the physics interactions re: momentum and poo poo? Like grav-well explosions giving you jump speed for slidehopping and curving bullets and poo poo?

Judging from BF5: yes

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
While the map in Apex isn't really made for wallrunning, I'm still steamed that there's no doublejump.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Mordja posted:

While the map in Apex isn't really made for wallrunning, I'm still steamed that there's no doublejump.

It still has places with those like vertical panels though, which makes me wonder if that's leftover assets from Titanfall 2 or an earlier build with wall running intact, or if that kind of architecture is just all over the Titanfall universe because some people are able to run on walls.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Played some TF2 earlier, holy gently caress I'd momentarily forgot how fast and fluid it was. I adore this loving game. I spent 2 games having pretty much a 1 on 1 with another player over the course of it. And that's what you can't do on Apex, every meeting with an enemy is going to be the last for one of you. You can't rile someone up by repeatedly kerb stomping them by being better at moving around because you can't move around and no respawn.

Apex has brought players back though, where I was waiting a minute for a game before it's now taking 10 seconds if that :aaa:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can scramble pretty high up walls in Apex. It's not quite on par with being able to play floor is lava all day but the mobility is still pretty good considering what everything else in the BR genre has to offer.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Xarbala posted:

You can scramble pretty high up walls in Apex. It's not quite on par with being able to play floor is lava all day but the mobility is still pretty good considering what everything else in the BR genre has to offer.

You can get around easier IRL with a wheelchair compared to crawling around on the ground but I'd still rather have legs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lemming posted:

You can get around easier IRL with a wheelchair compared to crawling around on the ground but I'd still rather have legs

Dude, give it a rest.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mordja posted:

Rumor mill has a pilot legend in a future patch with his passive being double jump and his tactical being stim.

Doubtful that the ult will drop a titan... :getin:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dude, give it a rest.

We're in the Titanfall thread I will not

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lemming posted:

Yeah I laughed

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lemming posted:

https://gfycat.com/focusedflusteredkoala

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lemming posted:

Your last post in this thread before AL announced was 2+ years ago, and your doom and gloom mewling postvomit is old hat and pathetic.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Your last post in this thread before AL announced was 2+ years ago, and your doom and gloom mewling postvomit is old hat and pathetic.

The posting police is online! Do NOT make illegal posts!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, what kind of fan would be passionate about something they enjoy not returning only to be replaced with generic, uninspired crap? :argh:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Apex is really good though. And also you can still play Titanfall. More people are playing it now, even!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Apex is really good though. And also you can still play Titanfall. More people are playing it now, even!

This is basically the point.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Titanfall 2 is a cool game to play, I think it's just the best

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's the best FPS ever made.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stan Taylor posted:

Apex is trash like every BR, but I thank it for bringing up the TF2 playerbase.

Eyud posted:

Titanfall 2 is a cool game to play, I think it's just the best

:yeah:

Also, what is your av? I love the colors and it reminds of the bike slide in Akira. I can't make it out though.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

I've been playing it a little and it's fun, but I can still wish it was Titanfall instead and that's why I'm bitching here and not in the Apex thread where it'd be dumb and lame, instead here it's cool and good because people who have played Titanfall 2 are just better than everyone and understand me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lemming posted:

people who have played Titanfall 2 are just better than everyone