Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It looks like Link is snacking at full speed, which is pleasant and amusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

indigi posted:

what is whistle sprinting

Keep hitting the whistle button while you sprint. Doesn’t use any stamina and sounds cool too.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
This sounds magical and I must try it, now.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Googling up whistle sprinting brought me to a speed runner trick page where I learned all sorts of poo poo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You gonna share with the class or what?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

You gonna share with the class or what?

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/botw/techniques/whistle-sprint

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’d you sprint while holding down the whistle button it uses no stamina. Slightly slower run speed than the regular sprint but it lets you move fast and conserve stamina

Also you have to crab claw the controller to do it but you get used to it

Efb

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

So I “accidentally” beat the game last night. I was hunting for memories, and was looking for the memory in Hyrule Castle. I walked into the Sanctum not realizing Ganon would be there, and decided to give it a try. I was out of food with decent buffs (used my one attack buff meal on the silver Lynel), but made it through the first form, and then spent a few rounds shooting regular arrows at the final form before realizing I had to switch bows.

Is the ending different if you’ve recovered all of the memories? Zelda asks “do you really remember me?” which makes me think it might be.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Yup! The ending changes a bit.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5gdENXus4

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Link's Awakening remake we in there. Fuuuuuck yes.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

gently caress. Yes. Link's Awakening was the only game I had for my Game Boy for the longest time, and I played the absolute hell out of it. Looks like it's an exact remake minus the screen transitions. Should be interesting to see how they handle some of the puzzles like that.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Soooo psyched! My dream is remaster pretty much all the games for Switch. Especially Skyward Sword. Want to replay it and my wii broken.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Gadzuko posted:

gently caress. Yes. Link's Awakening was the only game I had for my Game Boy for the longest time, and I played the absolute hell out of it. Looks like it's an exact remake minus the screen transitions. Should be interesting to see how they handle some of the puzzles like that.

the nostalgia washes over me in an awesome wave.

when i first read the title i was hoping they'd use the botw engine and just make a game kinda like the Eventide island part. But this seems cool too. I'll definitely buy it, never managed to beat it as a kid, all I did was mess up my mom's saves by going back to the town and grabbing bow wow.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I wanted it with the BOTW engine but this'll do I guess.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

My wife’s reaction when I picked up the Switch and started playing after getting the kids to bed. “What the gently caress? I thought you beat it, why are you still playing?”

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
BotW pisses my roommate off due to how quiet it is.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
lol if you don’t scramble to mute the tv when you’re at one of the fairies

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

lol if you do, so our bases are covered

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

The fairies are most definitely part of someone's giantess fetish

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Desert fairy best fairy

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Iron Crowned posted:

The fairies are most definitely part of someone's giantess fetish

Hell fuckin yeah

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Why yes, huge thicc magic woman, please do whatever you like to my trousers. Here are a couple rocks I found and some purple stomachs. Are we cool, or...

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Why yes, huge thicc magic woman, please do whatever you like to my trousers. Here are a couple rocks I found and some purple stomachs. Are we cool, or...

I can tell you from experience that this is how you get big fairies to smooch your entire body, just in time for valentine's day!

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Also, I killed some big guy and took his toenail, you can have that too

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AppleDan posted:

I can tell you from experience that this is how you get big fairies to smooch your entire body, just in time for valentine's day!

Hell, that's definitely more VD action than I'm getting this year.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Iron Crowned posted:

I was gonna make a joke about you definitely having more VD but you can't catch any from yourself

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Hope you stocked up on antibiotics.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m so excited to see all the various characters in enemies in the new style for Link’s Awakening, including the first official 3D model of Wart/Mamu.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m so excited to see all the various characters in enemies in the new style for Link’s Awakening, including the first official 3D model of Wart/Mamu.

I just hope the boomerang/rooster thing still works

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I wonder if the photographer mouse is in it.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Stealing from the shopkeeper in 3D, hellz yea

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Stealing from the shopkeeper in 3D, hellz yea

I hope it changes the name on your whole Switch account to THIEF

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they add more weird little Easter eggs that can happen when Marin is following you.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Yeah I mean I know we all wanted LA in the BotW engine, creating essentially a brand new game, but look how loving cute this is:

This cute little bastard doesn't even know what kind of Existentialist debacle he's gotten himself into.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Link’s Awakening in the BotW engine was never even a thought I had and it seems like a pretty silly idea?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, a classic Zelda game wouldn't really work in the BotW engine. You'd be able to bypass too many obstacles without the items etc.

You could get around that if you designed it from the ground up, but slapping Link's Awakening's map and items in BotW would be a really broken and unsatisfying thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am so excited for like a really nice instrumental version of the Ballad of the Windfish and Tal Tal Heights and the tough decision Link faces in his journey

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Augus posted:

Link’s Awakening in the BotW engine was never even a thought I had and it seems like a pretty silly idea?

Yeah I don't know where that idea came from but it's dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It came from wanting a giant evertide island