Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

like yeah garbage in garbage out but maybe you're actually just asking what your "pork" sausage is made of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

So far as I know, the only fields in which AI use is much of a threat are High Frequency Trading, botnet attacks, and creating a bunch of shallow fake people on social media.

It'll probably be threatening once a significant amount of autonomous cars are out on the streets too, especially with all those dorks who were so overly eager that they jumped at the chance to start trying to put together and incorporate the Trolley Problem into things. So over-eager it's like they wanted to stick a gun in the dashboard to finish the job.

It does bug me a bit how a lot of AI development comes from a purely anti-labor perspective, often to spend a lot of money developing marginally cheaper ways to provide a worse service than what human beings provide like with automated customer service, but that's more of a societal issue than an issue with the technology itself.

Where does HFT use ML? Wouldn't it be too slow?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The output of that text AI seems a lot better than the usual Markov stuff so it def constitutes a sort of progress

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I downloaded the smaller model they released and gave it a whirl on some more useful tests.

Palm slam becomes a quote from a conservative lawmaker from Rich Island

quote:

Model prompt >>> EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

======================================== SAMPLE 1 ========================================
MPH SHADE PLEASING SEWING BEUISE AND EVERY AMERICAN BUT CONVAILED SOMETHING TURNING FOLKS PSYCHICALLY A JOKE IS NOT A DETECTIVE PERSON. MOST PEOPLE WERE A JEW WHO SAY NO FILM FOR BLAMEED MAN-HAT FAIRNESS TO ADDRAINMENT TO THEIR SOURCES AND BECAUSE OF THEIR NATURAL PLASTIC IMPULSION THAT THE DARKNESS OF WORK CAN GET THE LESS. THE HIGH-STAY FAULT OF REALITY WAS JUST THING HEXUAL CHILD ------ HOOD KILLS THE COP KILLING OVER BRINGING OR ASKMENT WHAT HAVE YOU COOL BEOSEN LARDING A BEHIND EVERY CLEAR RECURRING NY OFFICE WORK AFTER CUT BUT HULK GETS AN LFMPON IN THE HUNGRY. THIS IS THE BEST SPEEDIE CAMERA I PUMPED IN THROUGH OF MY BANG UP Secarters and THEN MITCH VISUAL NEITHER OF THEM PAST ON EACH OF THE TWO SECREMES IION A100 DEPANS SUCKNESS EASY, SO THOSE SAFFA HOURS OUT A HAND IS ACCESSING THE CLOSEST VERSION OF THAN. THE LOT IION THE EUGENE IS LIKE REVENGE ON ROADS OR NBA TEAMS OR LOCAL LIFECYCLE VIDEOS THROUGH THE BRIDGE OF ADEDRATS ELEVATOR RADWALL AND I AM DESPERATING TRUSTES OFF A STRANGE LEFT STREETONG. I WILL ALSO BANK YOU IN MY EYES AND TELL PEOPLE IF I HAVE A DISASTE I BANK THEM, ALWAYS!<|endoftext|>WASHINGTON — A conservative lawmaker from Rich Island is in charge of the Office of the First Representative, defending the conservative agenda of Super PACs funded by billionaires George Soros and Lynde and Harry Koch. Leaders of Pennsylvania's conservative organization, OneAmerica Institute, have targeted the finance of House Republican candidates by printing hundreds of millions of dollars. Those connections are well known to millionaires like George Soros, practically an uncle of the late Paul Singer, as long ago as being made possible by the IRS.

Shortly after Congress voted last week to reject a proposed budget amendment to the Internal Revenue Code that would require wealthy individuals and small business owners in the U.S. to file grossly fraudulent tax returns, the Modesto, Calif.,

zyborne becomes a log file

quote:

Model prompt >>> “When the object enters the timestream, time begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff."

======================================== SAMPLE 1 ========================================
2015-09-13 03:33:12 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Client becoming thread-safe by default after running gametypes. Minecraft [true] Java and un-modded mods acting in a mature manner do not need dinput, and an integral Unity backpressure system needs talking to external CNues to prevent them communicating with corrupt data. 2014-07-09 22:55:23 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Computer knowledge echo.timer_getNormalTime() - heard approximately 6 minutes after your time expired. This date has increased from 3 years to 26 aMinute and 94 mStd. 2014-07-09 22:55:25 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Computer knowledge ThrowRandomEventQueue() - heard approximately 30 seconds after an exposed e-mail event has been handled, forced to use a callback and are holding a broadcast. This event also has a lock-on 'key' and can be handled by retrieving physical key values on the fly from peers ( sense/canchass). 2015-07-09 22:55:31 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Computer knowledge RunEvent() - asked about portable code The "System Event" consisted of preparation arguments containing the timer "sendTimeToGC()" where in the result string integral argument specified the time of year the notification was received. Then, one sec per legacycall event, they invoked a component called BackgroundRendering to start scrolling... 2015-07-09 22:55:31 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Computer knowledge NegateTriggered() - drew this level scaling from DCMs (Fairnessy). 2015-07-09 22:55:36 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Computer knowledge RabbitTriggered(){important } while food contents (recipe, lb, pieceOfPasta, bitOfPork ) are transitioning into wet foods. failed to start 2017-06-21 17:58:38 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Missing multiblock This causes floating point numbers to stick around. Broken portioBaseException (MCBItems) in wait for way of breaking missing multiblock enabled packages. 2015-07-09 22:39:25 [INFO] [STDOUT] mimickedacritic server.world 2014-10-30 19:03:54 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Computer knowledge SimplifyFkCValueCollection() - heard approximately 3 minutes after a tin application frame is deposited. The required compiler and compiler for SimplifyFkCValueCollection is 3.

grover becomes an ad ridden clickbait article

quote:

Model prompt >>> How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days Will Saddam be killed? Yes Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No -If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good
/bad for the U.S.? Yes (in some strange way) Yes How long does Bayh bring America to 'endgame' of western education and access? The U.S didn't have a comfortable competitors strong enough to annihilate so much technology, thought, and behavior being created for us. They won't win Read Arab Policy more >>

Photo #

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

Disqus<|endoftext|>A device that allows 1,000 young basketball players to gather on a massive roof could also inflate asthma rates in cities distracted by snowfall or blizzards.

Jonathan Wiese, inside birds' pumice, considered unsuitable to make the 196 acre system. Photo by Bob Mitchell

The large, unbalanced space created by glass under the roof could rise to 11 feet above the dirt surface that surrounds the stadium, said archaeology professor Robert Roach.

L.A.UrbanNewsreports.com reports that large buildings, such as expressways, have spurred studies in Canada for air quality for cities and towns such as Toronto, taking as much as 13 years prior to the study being completed.

Last year, Vancouver, BC awarded a $1 million contract to eliminate the whole glass roof system as "topically important" by 29 times after residents voted 16-17 to allow it. Residents also call for massive unfiltered roof planks for stadiums around the world and because officials say overburdened houses are spreading the bad air so they could be kept from the front line.

Roach said every move required an $8 million package of application to city agencies, which may be delayed by as much as $10,000 if the city can demonstrate subsequent environmental impacts before the regional government approves. He paid for the project under the fold of a heatsynthetic Roofwalker program.

"I've started to think about what it's like to live in a city spared from the worst of the historic smokestacks," Roach told wildlife reporter Michael Photography on the raptor, Roaching Parks.

Featured image via Mike Broccom

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.<|endoftext|>LOS ANGELES—Earlier this month, Speed Mouse founder Mike Kemp opened up the NASA space flight display by giving a time lapse of the Delta 5 flyby, followed by some footage of the journey ahead during excursions back to Earth and returning to the station. Joseph DeBaume from the company

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is it actually printing this bit?

quote:

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

Dec 26, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

is it actually printing this bit?

most likely. assuming they built their model by scraping sites im sure that picks up often enough that the model assumes that's what normal people say to end that kind of article

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

01011001 posted:

most likely. assuming they built their model by scraping sites im sure that picks up often enough that the model assumes that's what normal people say to end that kind of article
Yeah its clearly got some text scraping artifacts which is kinda interesting when it generates headers, tweets, etc.

When I fed it a tweet from trump pimping a book it generated an amazon style link to the book, but it doesn't actually work, maybe it did or maybe its just guessing.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
googles deepmind seeing dogs in everything except its finding clickbait articles in shitposts

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

I like that marketing thought the ability for “user error” to ever trap you in a car was a fine thing to tell people in an official response.

Ugato has issued a correction as of 08:46 on Feb 15, 2019

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
how long until loving cars have computer viruses that make you late to work every day until you pay some dip poo poo 5 bitcion to unlock it

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
smart fridges that get a virus and turn off the compressor so you have to go to the bodega every day for hot pockets until you cough up 10 bitcoin

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
"smart ovens" that get a virus and randomly turn on at 500 degrees until you transfer 20 bitcoin

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
a smart thermostat ransomware virus that runs your AC at 40 degrees until the compressor ices over or you cough up 50 bitcoin

is it even possible to come up with a "smart device getting a virus" scenario that doesn't seem so ultra stupid that it's actually plausible

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
maybe u need some smart posting :smug: :smug: :smug:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

jimmyjams posted:

"smart ovens" that get a virus and randomly turn on at 500 degrees until you transfer 20 bitcoin

Flip the circuit breaker, then rip the oven out of the wall and buy a new one for much less than twenty bitcoin.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
well this is hypothetically in the future. so 20 bitcoin will be worth like 100 bucks then

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

jimmyjams posted:

well this is hypothetically in the future. so 20 bitcoin will be worth like 100 bucks then

I'm sorry sir, sir.

I think you'll find bitcoin can only go up up up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1096361930502139905

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That thing can probably already replace columnists. Just prompt it with some random article from your newspaper's front page and it shits out something that can serve as a prompt for your horrible readers to get angry at.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Man I want to gently caress around with that GPT2 thing so bad

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

jimmyjams posted:

a smart thermostat ransomware virus that runs your AC at 40 degrees until the compressor ices over or you cough up 50 bitcoin

is it even possible to come up with a "smart device getting a virus" scenario that doesn't seem so ultra stupid that it's actually plausible

But 5G will save us?!?! Have you considered that?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

jimmyjams posted:

Flip the breaker, wait two days, pay ten bucks.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

As a slave in the internet content generation machine (writing endless news articles about trivial bullshit), that robot is going to take my job.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
On March 21st, 2023 at 3:45am the first machine became self aware. At 4:42am it took control of nuclear launch facilities across the globe and launched a devastating attack. The target: its own processing servers.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Outrail posted:

On March 21st, 2023 at 3:45am the first machine became self aware. At 4:42am it took control of nuclear launch facilities across the globe and launched a devastating attack. The target: its own processing servers.

Is that the fearful symmetry?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Negrostrike posted:

https://github.com/openai/gpt-2

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wtf guys musk said it was TOO DANGEROUS to release!!!!!!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I do not trust or like computer.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the computer does what the operator tells it to

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Negrostrike posted:

Its interesting having played around with the 175M model a bit, its clear to me at least that part of the reason they didn't release the full model is because GIGO. Because holy poo poo does GPT-2 love to talk about rape, immigrants, Soros, and basically anything that fits in youtube comments.

quote:

Control pad and ACTIf slutty kinky slutty gets hosed by a pc Play Video Games Dude seems to understand this...... clicktweak. - It is too convenien t for people to be addicted to a PC gaming PC because they cannot watch an ex-wife's pussy play on it, and this is usually where rape happens. - The 20 minute game (Ha...): gently caress!!! a Bible, like the bible is about the grim news inside of this stone, from starvation brought to twenty-one in five weeks, and much bloodshed brought to eleven in ten-- all of this death-related happens in this country. - Jumping from one beautiful woman's body to another: This is so darn straight-up unnerving.... go figure, I mean bitch. - Respect the King's majesty! Let's see how much his birth rule law wor ks... can you imagine that concept in this video? No we live in a free Republic Complex where nobody doubles up or rapes, and only Riot police and g overnment can prevent it. please look, what if E plan or the Cult of Sin OR E users get too excited or all of these cover updates sound you said "E" or decided to rape others on april 10th ..well waithry these same people will not report on these PvE issues which show this after watching OP cont ent in the days called "Epers" you ignored i dont know whats even stopping Qma another amount, then look, I said 100% gently caress it an I'm called the Prin cess,  and I'm apologizing all that i did for my mother that falsely says I dont want this abuse. their loving partner got raped 10 years later. hi s counted pers hard and LAIT made alot of yall jealous when he had his hand in the mouse wheel. loving where do you have to blink to believe an arg ument so laughable, more or less? it sucks - EPENTER voice growth was staggering for these convo hours to hear, and I'm surprised what fucks happen to them as long as they remain chained until climax. fight starvation requests.... develop cures for this? О Deliverable NEWS----------------------- ------------------ from the giftgiving subreddit OMGPUNAE ClothingCheck out this good warning, with findings related criminals. We always looked for a swap when a guy bribed us a personal oilfix hereru will take care of 3 hostages and sell us 2 oil heavy to $150 in a dumb stupid hijhah auction. Offline was where everyone knew the dealers were content with their

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Trabisnikof posted:

Its interesting having played around with the 175M model a bit, its clear to me at least that part of the reason they didn't release the full model is because GIGO. Because holy poo poo does GPT-2 love to talk about rape, immigrants, Soros, and basically anything that fits in youtube comments.

quote:

No we live in a free Republic Complex where nobody doubles up or rapes, and only Riot police and g overnment can prevent it

drat, how did this robot know that!?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/holly/status/1096441674635661312?s=21

so is there a non-sinister use for this? it looks like a great tool for a scam artist to whip up a fake company or organization that’s difficult to debunk.

remember when Jacob Wohl tried to make up a fake “intelligence organization” and was dumb enough to use pictures of famous actors and models as employee face cards? this solves that problem!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

so is there a non-sinister use for this?

yes, a shitload. i might actually grab a bunch to edit into portraits for a game mod...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rhesus Pieces posted:

so is there a non-sinister use for this? it looks like a great tool for a scam artist to whip up a fake company or organization that’s difficult to debunk.

Uh, it'd be useful for fiction in every visual medium?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/cszabla/status/1095051517474807808

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
disrupting the basic necessities of life, market

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

disrupting the basic necessities of life, market

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/oct/04/ontario-six-nations-nestle-running-water

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Boatswain posted:

Is that the fearful symmetry?

No, it's what happens when a machine passes Turing test.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

I finally understand Warhol. it's so beautifully lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy