Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is absolutely the place to wish Apex was Titanfall 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Titanfall 2 got a player boost because of Apex. Titanfall 2 is also very cheap from what I understand. Basically I also reinstalled that game because of this and will also play it pretty soon once again!

Basically I am both playing Apex and TF2 and it is good and fun that way!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Xarbala posted:

This is absolutely the place to wish Apex was Titanfall 3

I agree, but if Apex means we get a TF3 that's not mechanically compromised AND still has a huge player base then I'm gonna cheerlead the battle royale game I don't like by the studio which I do

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Eyud posted:

Titanfall 2 is a cool game to play, I think it's just the best

ya it’s dope

plus if you play tf2 your statistically more handsome than other gamers it’s true

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Mindblast posted:

Titanfall 2 got a player boost because of Apex. Titanfall 2 is also very cheap from what I understand. Basically I also reinstalled that game because of this and will also play it pretty soon once again!

Basically I am both playing Apex and TF2 and it is good and fun that way!

TF2 was/is 4.50 for digital on Xbox One, worth it. I’ve had it on my PC since a few weeks after release and I don’t regret double dipping. Been convincing my friends to get both TittieBall and Pecs Legs because the guns are awesome and the gameplay is fun.

I originally ragged on AL but it was due to my PC and not giving it enough time, along with the feeling of sadness it wasn’t TF3.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Zampella's confirmed that there's a new, paid Titanfall game coming earlier this year (3 or a spinoff, who knows) and as per Giantbomb it's not their possibly canned VR project.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Ringo Star Get posted:

TF2 was/is 4.50 for digital on Xbox One, worth it. I’ve had it on my PC since a few weeks after release and I don’t regret double dipping. Been convincing my friends to get both TittieBall and Pecs Legs because the guns are awesome and the gameplay is fun.

I originally ragged on AL but it was due to my PC and not giving it enough time, along with the feeling of sadness it wasn’t TF3.

I play on bone, give me an add. Gt same as my username. Been getting in a couple matches every night

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Lemming posted:

I've been playing it a little and it's fun, but I can still wish it was Titanfall instead and that's why I'm bitching here and not in the Apex thread where it'd be dumb and lame, instead here it's cool and good because people who have played Titanfall 2 are just better than everyone and understand me

I'm def hoping my buddies who didn't play TF2 but are playing Apex right now will be able to be converted into True Gamers next time TF2 is like five bucks. I'm constantly wishing I could do that grapple launch thing in Apex. But also Apex is heaps better than any other shooters that have gone big lately. Overwatch, Fortnite and pubg all feel like poo poo.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also, what is your av? I love the colors and it reminds of the bike slide in Akira. I can't make it out though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danmcp/3887615929/

From one of my favorite artists, Dan McPharlin.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's the best FPS ever made.

Yeah it's fuckin nuts how good it is, how many different ways there are to be good, the very decent amount of weapon diversity, how they managed to balance such asymmetrical elements. Like I was always piss-scared of Titans when on foot but I never felt *helpless* or doomed, just like "ah poo poo that's a Titan, ok, time to change it up"

I mean I've been playing Battlefield 5 and it's pretty good and I enjoy certain things but the vehicle balance and how they interact with infantry and each other is absolute trash compared to Titanfall, DICE is an inferior developer in this department.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 15, 2019

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012

Thank you for introducing me to this.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

FastestGunAlive posted:

I play on bone, give me an add. Gt same as my username. Been getting in a couple matches every night

Nice. You’ll see one from me today then, Sigma One.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ok what’s the deal was TF3 canceled or just postponed or what’s the hearsay

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No one has any loving clue what's going on with Titanfall 3, although I can't blame you for being confused after reading the last 2 weeks of people posting about it.

Either it's canceled, being worked on atm, or will eventually be worked on at some point. I hope this was helpful.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ya I’ve seen a lot of TITANFALL 3 CANCELLED sensationalist headlines. Not sure if respawn or anyone has cleared the air

Pipe dream is Apex Legends is a success (seems to be so far?) and becomes a bit of a cash cow with cosmetics -> Titanfall 3...?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Afaik, what we know is that one guy from respawn said it was cancelled, reports say TF3 became AL, but respawn has also suggested it's not dead, but who knows if it's legit or just a way to get TF fans to shut up. A few people itt have said they've confirmed TF3, but I've seen zero evidence of this anywhere.

Basically there is no reason to mourn the death of TF3 or get excited about it being a thing at this point. I think even getting your hopes up that we will her anything about it in the near future is just going to be torturing yourself.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Apex Legends is a blessing and a curse. Shows they can still churn out good content, maybe give them some needed funding; yet a stark reminder that Titanfall 3 would have not gotten anywhere near that popularity in its life. Factoring in cosmetics etc I’m sure Apex Legends will make way more money than a TF3 would have too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Apex Legends is going to make them infinitely more money than TF2. Which is sad because TF2 is an infinitely better game. it is what it is though. F2P is the gravy train right now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Really cannot blame them. Get a kid and all his homies to download a game cause it’s free, their parents let them buy all the cosmetics they want cause it’s a cheap and easy babysitter, and yep.

lol isn’t PUBG charging for the base game? Bold move

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Pubg been around for a while though, it was a mod for arma or something. Going totally free and making money off cosmetics and battle passes is relatively new as a concept (outside of mobile gaming). Fortnite showed how viable it was and apex has taken it to the next level. Stand by to see how bad it gets the next few years.

A more apt comparison is probably CoD blackout. RIP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually don't think it's as crazy that PUBG hasn't gone F2P as a lot of people seem to think. I don't think it's going to be able to compete with Fortnite and Apex Legends at this point anyways. All they have left is the niche crowd who is really dedicated and will probably buy it on multiple platforms, or just people that find the more "hardcore" aspects of it appealing. Plus they were never able to really make microtransactions that would be appealing to anyone, even after they tried. I don't know how well the F2P model would fare for them. Plus it has like 5 times the actual content of AL or Fortnite or Blackout. It makes sense to me that they'd just keep charging $30, which seems like a fair price tbh, and relish in the fact that they made more money than god in under a year.

I do think they should ditch any sort of microtransactions at all at this point though if they want to keep selling copies.

FastestGunAlive posted:

A more apt comparison is probably CoD blackout. RIP.

You are most likely right, but I think COD Blackout is like 10 times better than Apex Legends. Imho it's bar none the best BR offering out there. I can't believe everyone seems to be switching over. It just feels like such a flat out better designed game to me than AL.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 16, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I guess the real shocker is publishers that still charge full price for a base game, cosmetics, then still have the audacity to divide the player base with paid season passes and map packs (looking at you Destiny and Black Ops)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Apex Legends isn't as good as Titanfall 2 in a lot of ways, but it's still one of the best FPS on the market and given the franchise's history is anyone seriously surprised that it's not Titanfall 3? Apex will finance more TF, even it wasn't an excellent game it'd be a good thing overall.

Titanfall 3 is the game Respawn deserved to make, but Apex is the game they needed to make

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I guess the real shocker is publishers that still charge full price for a base game, cosmetics, then still have the audacity to divide the player base with paid season passes and map packs (looking at you Destiny and Black Ops)

Something tells me that COD will switch gears with how season passes work after how disastrous BLOPS 4 has been in regards to DLC. I'm so glad I didn't buy that loving thing and I feel bad for the people who wasted like $70 on virtually nothing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don’t regret the base game. I’m sort of burned out on it now but got a decent amount of MP & Blackout/battle royale out of it. The COD goons are a solid bunch tbh. But yeah the DLC/cosmetic is a cluster gently caress and per usual they seem to focus on that and not fixing game breaking bugs and basic features but ces’t la vie. Glad I didn’t get any of that extra poo poo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh I don't regret the base game at all. I just meant the pass. I don't like the regular multi much but Blackout is the most fun I've had in a MP game since well, TF2.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
tl;dr - the CEO of Respawn said “TF3 turned into AL and there isn’t currently any TF in development.” When we all lost our collective poo poo on social media he retconned that to “of course we have more TF planned...in the future!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

tl;dr - the CEO of Respawn said “TF3 turned into AL and there isn’t currently any TF in development.” When we all lost our collective poo poo on social media he retconned that to “of course we have more TF planned...in the future!

CEO didn't say that. And usually when you put something in quotes it should be a quote, you know?

Drew McCoy, a lead producer of AL, ONE of the games being worked on by part of the Respawn dev house said "There are some people who think there are too many battle royale games or it's a fad, the world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not - this is what we're making."

This is an ambiguous comment in that it may be true to some degree but is also coming from the mouth of someone who's trying to get the world to pay attention to Apex Legends, not Titanfall.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

SO, the best guess we have right now (info that came from the same source that leaked Apex Legends in the first place) is that part of Respawn (not the part that's workiung on Jedi: Fallen Order) was tasked with bouncing around new ideas for Titanfall 3 using modified source, it soon morphed into a BR prototype with thematic connections to TF. Once this had been in development for a while EA became interested in purchasing Respawn, but the contract stipulated that in addition to whatever else they were working on they'd like delivery of TF3. EA considers Titanfall 2 a moderate success despite it missing target numbers by a fair bit, and regardless of that it's been a critical darling for them.

After being picked up by EA development of TF3 officially changed from modified Source to next gen Frostbite. So what WAS at one point some nebulous TF3 Source development BECAME Apex Legends, which despite its current success was launched as a surprise in order to grab an unknown portion of the BR market, and the producer is not lying, technically.

As for Zampella, he's been slightly more straightforward and has gone on record stating that the Titanfall team, the Star Wars team, and the Apex team delivering live services are all distinct and working on different things. He's also responded to resurging interest in TF2 since the release of Apex by stating that more Titanfall content is on its way, and that they are going to do some experiments with old formulas.

My speculation is that TF2 multiplayer is going F2P very soon, that new mp content will be added, and that they are going to try to synergize the player base of TF2 and Apex Legends for the future release of TF3, which may include both BR-lite content as well as traditional TF deathmatch. It's obvious to me that Zampella wants to please the core of players that want skill-based movement, deathmatch, etc (TF2 was a game that spoke directly to this audience on every level)...but he also recognizes that the core TF audience represents a much smaller share of the players they COULD be speaking to, and Apex Legends is proof of that.

Respawn sees the Titanfall frontier 'universe' as a unified platform for delivery of varying gameplay experiences that are all seemingly connected, and EA sees $$ in that for sure.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m glad apex is hitting it big and it’s got some great concepts. Just don’t bring that aesthetic/lore/whatever over into the main titanfall games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’m glad apex is hitting it big and it’s got some great concepts. Just don’t bring that aesthetic/lore/whatever over into the main titanfall games.

Totally agreed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

My speculation is that TF2 multiplayer is going F2P very soon, that new mp content will be added, and that they are going to try to synergize the player base of TF2 and Apex Legends for the future release of TF3, which may include both BR-lite content as well as traditional TF deathmatch. It's obvious to me that Zampella wants to please the core of players that want skill-based movement, deathmatch, etc (TF2 was a game that spoke directly to this audience on every level)...but he also recognizes that the core TF audience represents a much smaller share of the players they COULD be speaking to, and Apex Legends is proof of that.

Respawn sees the Titanfall frontier 'universe' as a unified platform for delivery of varying gameplay experiences that are all seemingly connected, and EA sees $$ in that for sure.

Holy moly, you aren't joking around with the speculation part of that post lol.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/04/titanfall-3-isnt-development-apex-legends/ [4 Feb 2019]

quote:

Back in August 2017, Respawn CEO Vince Zampella said the developer was still “heavily invested” in the Titanfall series despite the EA buyout, leading many to assume this meant a full sequel was coming. After talking to Apex Legends design director Mackey McCandlish at the recent reveal event, VG247 can confirm this isn’t currently the case.

“This is the game being made by the Titanfall team, Apex Legends,” McCandish told me. “The Titanfall universe is continuing. It takes place in the Titanfall universe. This is the next game from the team that made Titanfall. There is no other team that makes Titanfall. That doesn’t mean there never could be another team that makes Titanfall.”

After that received a negative backlash Zampella posted this:
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1092856944199495686

:nallears:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
This whole thread makes me sad that the Australian Titanfall 2 community is dead.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Holy moly, you aren't joking around with the speculation part of that post lol.

Theory Crafting is fun!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fair enough :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is awesome, thanks!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol isn’t PUBG charging for the base game? Bold move

It's charging for the portion of the game that was supposed to be the actual game, a co-op zombie tower defense horde mode that no one cared for upon release and it no one still does. Soon after PUBG hit it big they shifted focus to make the BR portion and I think they gave up on the single player stuff? You still have to buy the PVE poo poo as well. lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's charging for the portion of the game that was supposed to be the actual game, a co-op zombie tower defense horde mode that no one cared for upon release and it no one still does. Soon after PUBG hit it big they shifted focus to make the BR portion and I think they gave up on the single player stuff? You still have to buy the PVE poo poo as well. lol

Whut?

Is everyone smoking crack tonight or something?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man it's been forever since I even thought about old pre-plunkbat Fortnite

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, Fortnite... it seemed like they were talking about PUBG and I was so confused. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just looked into it and the PVE still hasn't left "Early Access," lol