Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want 100-Man Bomberman Royale :unsmigghh:.

oh my god this would work so well

start with a huge map and the circle closes in after X amount of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Pacman BR already exists and it's beyond negligent it doesn't have a home release yet.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Pacman BR already exists and it's beyond negligent it doesn't have a home release yet.
I think it might, in one of those Namco and/or Pacman compilations.

Which reminds me, are CE 1 and CE DX on Switch in one of those things?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ooo it's on steam as part of the pacman museum. $20. Was also on 360 and ps3, wonder if it's back compat with the xbone

Edit: it is...

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 15, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tom Gorman posted:

Right? Nevermind just racking up upgrades until the last two are trying desperately not to kill themselves with map-wide bomb blasts as much as get the other player.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Astro7x posted:

I am legit more excited for Tetris 99 than any free full retail game I've received as part of Playstation Plus.

Seriously Nintendo.. give us more Nintendo Switch Online exclusive games like this and I'll be really happy.

Also...

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1096207823145455616

The game does seem a bit bare, glad that more is coming
Hell yeah. I don't really enjoy setting up tetrises and combos and T-spins and dealing with garbage from other players. I like my Tetris blisteringly fast and just trying to hang on.

Marathon mode would need to have a global timer for speed-ups, though, so that you don't need to wait on someone who never uses fast drops in the early game.

EDIT: Hmm. Just saw that marathon is still a score attack. Which means still setting things up. Hopefully there will be a marathon mode where the "score" is just the number of lines cleared.

Inferior Third Season fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 15, 2019

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Inferior Third Season posted:

Hell yeah. I don't really enjoy setting up tetrises and combos and T-spins and dealing with garbage from other players. I like my Tetris blisteringly fast and just trying to hang on.

Marathon mode would need to have a global timer for speed-ups, though, so that you don't need to wait on someone who never uses fast drops in the early game.

EDIT: Hmm. Just saw that marathon is still a score attack. Which means still setting things up. Hopefully there will be a marathon mode where the "score" is just the number of lines cleared.
One thing with marathon mode and scoring by line is that modern Tetris rules make it too easy. I think the lean towards the vs game and score/time attacks is because marathon became so much less of a challenge with the modern rules.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kill All Humans posted:

Mario Kart Battle Royale

100 karts. Balloon Battle. All taking place in Baby Park. :unsmigghh:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Baby Park doot doot doot doot doot doot

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
The Dead Cells update is huge and feels like a "1.5" version of the game, so much has changed.

I beat the game only once pre-update but only by going for lots of damage-reduction items (stacked to 80%), apparently you no longer need to do this as they have re-balanced enemy scaling.

I'm confused by how the new tactics cool-down reduction is supposed to work now, I got the mutation to reduce it by a certain amount per kill but it doesn't seem to work, any ideas??

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zipperelli. posted:

I need some advice. I've never played FF9. The last FF I played was 8, and it bored me to tears. I loved 7 and 6. Should I get 9, and will I enjoy it if I liked 6 and 7, but hated 8?

Yes, probably -- FF9's pedigree is probably closest to FF6, but with the graphical advancements of FF7 (pre-rendered/illustrated backgrounds, FMVs, etc.) It's not really anything like FF8 in most ways (the only comparisons I could make would be loose ones, but spoiler territory.) It plays very similarly to FF7 in both city/world map traversal and battle system.

Lots of people saying it could've been a better port, but the game itself is great and I'm glad I didn't miss it. I played a shitload of JRPGs in the PSX days, and it was definitely one of my favorites. I feel a different type of way about it being $20 on Switch in 2019, but that has nothing to do with the game I guess. Very easy to get $20 worth of enjoyment out of it.

enojy fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 15, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tom Gorman posted:

To this day I mantain my opinion that battle royale worms would be awesome. Make it so that like 25% of all worms move and shoot at the samte time.

e: Bomberman would also be awesome, though

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

japtor posted:

One thing with marathon mode and scoring by line is that modern Tetris rules make it too easy. I think the lean towards the vs game and score/time attacks is because marathon became so much less of a challenge with the modern rules.
They could just gradually reduce the amount of time you can slide a piece around or that you're allowed to rotate it when it's on the pile, until it's effectively a kill screen at five minutes or whatever. This is basically how master mode on Tetris Effect is, and it rules.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

tuo posted:

To this day I mantain my opinion that battle royale worms would be awesome. Make it so that like 25% of all worms move and shoot at the samte time.

e: Bomberman would also be awesome, though

Someone get in touch with Team17 RIGHT NOW!

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Dead Cells update puts the timed gates in the passageways between levels now so no more "I hauled rear end but the timed gate spawned in a different place so it closed 1 second ago" heartbreaks. It also added a new gate of "Kill X enemies without taking damage," the first one being 30.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
New Girls und Panzer trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6IOcN4Zmt8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JonathonSpectre posted:

Dead Cells update puts the timed gates in the passageways between levels now so no more "I hauled rear end but the timed gate spawned in a different place so it closed 1 second ago" heartbreaks. It also added a new gate of "Kill X enemies without taking damage," the first one being 30.

It also massively rebalanced the difficulty, making the first difficulty much easier (and the later difficulties harder). The no damage and time gates should be a nice boost on scrolls.

Also the patch had some real big performance boost on the Switch.

It also includes a new custom mode that lets you pick starting weapons and a ton of modifier if you want to just practice a certain play style.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

tuo posted:

Yeah I'd play the hell out of this.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It also massively rebalanced the difficulty, making the first difficulty much easier (and the later difficulties harder). The no damage and time gates should be a nice boost on scrolls.

Also the patch had some real big performance boost on the Switch.

It also includes a new custom mode that lets you pick starting weapons and a ton of modifier if you want to just practice a certain play style.

Sounds great I might pick it up, does it play well in handheld mode? I have the satisfye grip if that helps.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

Famous Tetris Guy completely smokes people in T99 for 9 hours: The Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndgDHsQICU

He doesn't win his first game

Did anybody else notice he's using the Joy Cons in the opposite hands?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

porkinson posted:

Sounds great I might pick it up, does it play well in handheld mode? I have the satisfye grip if that helps.

let me answer by saying gently caress yes it does. I had no issues at 30 FPS mode. I haven't had a chance to really play with the new update but it looks even better now

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mahoning posted:

He was complaining about the game not supporting the control scheme he usually uses, so I guess that's his workaround.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mahoning posted:

It makes sense if you tend to play on a keyboard. Just one of the many accommodations made possible by the Switch, from Nintendo

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
With FF9 is there a guide or something around which avoids spoilers but lets me also avoid missing timed events and the like?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

With FF9 is there a guide or something around which avoids spoilers but lets me also avoid missing timed events and the like?

Even the official strategy guide didn't have spoilers... or any information at all!

I think you can miss out on some Mognet stuff if you're not careful. I haven't played through it since around 9/11.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
T99 was the game that made me pull out my credit card for Nintendo Online. Well played Japan

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Media Bloodbath posted:

Someone get in touch with Team17 RIGHT NOW!

I already tweeted this idea at them months ago. I have now updated it

https://twitter.com/WormsTeam17/status/1049654017054400513

https://twitter.com/one_t_matt/status/1096419228088000512

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I already tweeted this idea at them months ago. I have now updated it

e: oh, wait, yeah, that was the tweet inspired by my post :)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tuo posted:

e: oh, wait, yeah, that was the tweet inspired by my post :)

Yeah it was. Someone in house at Team 17 has to have thought of this. They can ride the BR wave and now the Tetris BR wave all the way to the bank, come on !

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Astro7x posted:

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1096207823145455616

The game does seem a bit bare, glad that more is coming

It seems pretty likely that Tetris 99 was a single game mode in a full fledged Tetris game that Arika has been developing that Nintendo asked to carve out as a Nintendo Switch Online bonus. I would expect these other game modes to only come in the full retail game rather than as part of Tetris 99.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Omnikin posted:

T99 was the game that made me pull out my credit card for Nintendo Online. Well played Japan

It’s easily going to get more time than every NES game combined. Them adding more support and modes is awesome and I hope they add themes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Omnikin posted:

same, and good for Arika potentially stumbling into something incredible. Maybe we'll see Fighting EX Layer on Switch, too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Trials is coming to the Switch?!

loving yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BKSS7Hul7s

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah it was. Someone in house at Team 17 has to have thought of this. They can ride the BR wave and now the Tetris BR wave all the way to the bank, come on !

Team17, do it! Do Worms Royale, ffs!!!!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really wish Nintendo would do something more interesting with their Virtual Console releases. Sure they're nice for a quick nostalgia trip or to introduce a new generation to old games, but there's a constantly dwindling audience there. But when they bundled LTTP with Four Swords they added a new dungeon. When they remade SMB3 for the GBA they added the e-reader content including new items and levels. If they started treating the VC releases like that, adding additional content to old favorites, it'd be a game-changer.

Something like Mario Maker is always going to make a lot more money, but I think there's a lot of room for both.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

feedmyleg posted:

I really wish Nintendo would do something more interesting with their Virtual Console releases. Sure they're nice for a quick nostalgia trip or to introduce a new generation to old games, but there's a constantly dwindling audience there. But when they bundled LTTP with Four Swords they added a new dungeon. When they remade SMB3 for the GBA they added the e-reader content including new items and levels. If they started treating the VC releases like that, adding additional content to old favorites, it'd be a game-changer.

Something like Mario Maker is always going to make a lot more money, but I think there's a lot of room for both.

I agree, Nintendo should bring back the e-reader and add e-reader content to all these old games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyPlacidSandpiperRickroll

:catstare: Kevin is a monster.

Tetris battle royale sounds like such a stupid concept, but I can't believe it worked out so well!

KevinDDR is a tetris god

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Gripweed posted:

I agree, Nintendo should bring back the e-reader and add e-reader content to all these old games

My uncle works at Nintendo, the new revision of the switch is going to have an e-reader slot built in.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Trials is coming to the Switch?!

loving yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BKSS7Hul7s

Wow 2019 is looking drat good. Smash is running great online for me now, Tetris is super fun, animal crossing, Mario maker, Zelda game.

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Tetris 99 is just TetriNET x 16.5 :colbert: