Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Looks fast imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is great.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Ferrari is good as hell but it's not gonna look anything like that on Monday

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The paint on the sharkfin looks awful, what were they thinking?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Scud lads have done an amazing job. Can’t wait to see Big Shark winning with it on the track.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ferrari in "not the most boring livery this year" shocker

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/

Scroll down to the Petrobras logo. See the fuckin faint grey rectangle behind it? Bring Ron back imo, he'd never let this poo poo fly.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ferrari deserves credit for making an actual red vehicle, unlike Ducati. Bologna is dead, no hope for 2019.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/

Scroll down to the Petrobras logo. See the fuckin faint grey rectangle behind it? Bring Ron back imo, he'd never let this poo poo fly.

Hi Ron

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The more alarming thing is that Lucas is listed as an official partner.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

1500quidpoocati posted:

The Scud lads have done an amazing job. Can’t wait to see Big Shark winning with it on the track.

Agreed #essereFerrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

The more alarming thing is that Lucas is listed as an official partner.

I don't know what that is

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The Ferrari is good as hell but it's not gonna look anything like that on Monday

I hope so, because I assume 80% of that car is old parts.

Question is: how many screens will each team bring to prevent people from seeing their new WCC contender

is F1TV actually streaming testing? I hope so. The teams that showed most of their car already looked good, and I hope the engines are so close together that the chassis and aero make the difference (oh...and the ballast pushing the throttle and brake paddles). We haven't seen at least four cars yet, but I hope that this year will have a much tighter field, with more than three teams beeing able to land a podium out of their own.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

tuo posted:

I hope so, because I assume 80% of that car is old parts.

Question is: how many screens will each team bring to prevent people from seeing their new WCC contender

Well McLaren probably don't need to after allowing this at their launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKiyUr7kG-g

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Khablam posted:

Ferrari couldn't hire someone who understands colourspace, so their red doesn't look like the lovely orange 2004 cellphones produced in every shot?

Goddamn guys.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that shade of red felt off.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

Ferrari couldn't hire someone who understands colourspace, so their red doesn't look like the lovely orange 2004 cellphones produced in every shot?

Goddamn guys.

Hi.

Lighting outside looks very different to indoor lighting and the colour was chosen for that. If you left your mothers basement you’d know these things.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Need to order some Mission Winnow merch to support the good lads in Maranello and Bologna. My god these merchants of death are brilliant at marketing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I don't know what that is

Lucas electrics and wiring in old (1950s to 1970s) British cars almost makes Italian electrics look competent and well-thought-out.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Very large front wing endplates on both the Ferrari and Sauber.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Frond posted:

Very large front wing endplates on both the Ferrari and Sauber.

The 3D printers of the other teams are already hard at work

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

What is the goal of Mission Winnow for Philip Morris International? Why is PMI doing this?

Big changes start with an open conversation. We want to share our story and passion for building a better future by demonstrating our commitment to continuous innovation and development of new solutions.

The campaign does not advertise or promote any PMI-branded products. Instead, Mission Winnow articulates how we are transforming our business through science and by adopting a new way of thinking and exploring every option to enable a better future. We take the best elements, refine them and make them even better.

Ah yes. Seems reasonable.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

"Look, we are really thinking hard about how we can earn billions and billions of dollars in the future without causing cancer, and we even gave that thought process a name. In the meantime, please smoke our cigarettes, so we can continue to think about how we can earn billions and billions of dollars in the future".

e: lights pipe filled with british american tobacco company tobacco all :smuggo:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tuo posted:

The 3D printers of the other teams are already hard at work

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I, for one, welcome the return of Tobacco advertising.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Frond posted:

The tobacco industry is a highly regulated space, and we always respect the laws that apply to our activities. This campaign is no different and respects all applicable laws, including those around the advertising and promotion of tobacco products, for example. The campaign does not advertise or promote any PMI-branded products.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

NWS that filth

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like another epic Scud championship car.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frond posted:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Kimi's Book of Haiku says MISSIN WINNO all over it and it's somehow appealing. I still wouldn't want to wear MW branded merch though. It's not the same. I bought some retro Gulf racing stuff and love it. Need to find some Marlboro now I guess.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
just lol that everyone is going to lose again in 2019 to this dude

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt6E9-GFOPo/

#blessup

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

LoboLoboLobo posted:

To the Winnow! To the wall!

GramCracker posted:

just lol that everyone is going to lose again in 2019 to this dude

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt6E9-GFOPo/

#blessup

That's not a photo of Sharl??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Ah yes. Seems reasonable.

Yeah its an obvious ploy to get around the rules. There is no mission winnow product. Its not a company.

But if cigarette manufacturers wanna throw money at teams and not even get their real name on a car, fine by me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The halo is good on the ferrarri, but the rest is bad.

Graphite grey? White had better contrast against the red, the grey looks dull.

The red looks dull too. Wish they'd do a bright shiny red like the old days.

Or go full edgelord and have it be black and crimson.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that shade of red felt off.

Turn your eyes on

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

Turn your eyes on

Ok, I put my contacts in, what now?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iospace posted:

Ok, I put my contacts in, what now?

#essereFerrari

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah its an obvious ploy to get around the rules. There is no mission winnow product. Its not a company.

Wait, wait, wait....WAIT! You wanna tell me that white barcode graphic on the past Ferraris wasn't a FIA barcode in regard to homologation/scrutineering? If that's true, I need a drink from that company with the little stars on the McLaren from a couple of years ago....

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

That's not a photo of Sharl??
I want Charle to be the next François Cevert cause he's kinda French but he's not nearly pretty enough to be Cevert. Sad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

tuo posted:

Wait, wait, wait....WAIT! You wanna tell me that white barcode graphic on the past Ferraris wasn't a FIA barcode in regard to homologation/scrutineering? If that's true, I need a drink from that company with the little stars on the McLaren from a couple of years ago....

What? I can almost make out what you're saying here but... nope doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidpoocati posted:

Hi.

Lighting outside looks very different to indoor lighting and the colour was chosen for that. If you left your mothers basement you’d know these things.
Which is why colour balance and correction is a thing which exists.