Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I really wish i could do more with my inactive pets than sell them or go through the awkward switching process every time. Let me build them a playpen in my orbiter or something. My tutorial dog is getting freeburn having been untouched for months now.
There's plenty of space in the spoiler room, they should have the pens in there. Helminth can sleep in the other room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Captainicus posted:

I'm feeling quite successful in naming a weapon after possibly bad game taste, at least people here felt motivated to tell me so. Maybe I need to think of one warframe related to rile people up in game.

Just making obvious dumb statements is as new and interesting as being constantly contradictory as a forum gimmick. It's old hat. You need to make relevant, true statements. Like my zaw.

Ritznit posted:

I imagine it helps that Warframe isn't PvP competitive stuff, and that it's a game that can take some getting used to.

It's also (with a few outliers that I hate) not super dumb about gating things or being difficult to appeal to that crowd. No one cares if you bring a nine forma umbral Mesa prime or your Excal pet project. I remember hearing about Octavia soloing stupid high waves of survival and just being overpowered in general and figured I better get on that train before the nerf... until I found out she'd been that way since release. Everyone just kind of rolls with whatever and people who poo poo their pants in rage over chat are looked down on in general.

The worst thing about Warframe is that I didn't find it sooner.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Mailer posted:

Everyone just kind of rolls with whatever and people who poo poo their pants in rage over chat are looked down on in general.

I'll never forget some random defense alert I did way early in my warframe career. Two of us were low MR excaliburs and then a something and then some tricked out excal prime.

Mister fancy founderframe immediately started poo poo talking us for being in regular excals, then ran around while the three of us stayed near the objective and did our jobs. After fancy frame died a couple of times and nobody bothered to go res him he went on a tirade about how we're all garbage and ragequit the game with a final parting shot of "good luck without me". We all laughed at him a lot in group chat and easily finished the mission.

Still one of my favorite Warframe experiences.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I think I've had one guy rage at me in about a year of playing altogether. He had some pro strat to shave 60 seconds off a rescue mission, didn't bother explaining it, and acted like we were idiots for not knowing it. To this day I have no idea what he was on about. We just said "ok, buddy" to his screaming. Left me more confused than angry, to be honest.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Mailer posted:

Just making obvious dumb statements is as new and interesting as being constantly contradictory as a forum gimmick. It's old hat. You need to make relevant, true statements. Like my zaw.

Yes, it was just a gag to see if people would read other people's custom weapon names, find it offensive enough to make a comment, and then do so in random warframe games (which I found, they did not really). Obviously it is a little different on the forum. I wasn't trying to stir up arguments here when I mentioned it - I do like Nioh a lot but that's for another thread. That is a good zaw name, though!

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 15, 2019

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Mimesweeper posted:

I'll never forget some random defense alert I did way early in my warframe career. Two of us were low MR excaliburs and then a something and then some tricked out excal prime.

Mister fancy founderframe immediately started poo poo talking us for being in regular excals, then ran around while the three of us stayed near the objective and did our jobs. After fancy frame died a couple of times and nobody bothered to go res him he went on a tirade about how we're all garbage and ragequit the game with a final parting shot of "good luck without me". We all laughed at him a lot in group chat and easily finished the mission.

that dude was a self entitled rear end in a top hat. Glad i rarely encounter these folks.

in other news...nyx is still building in the foundry....hope she's at least decent this time around.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Holy crap todays hotfix is incredible

no more spoiler mode getting stuck without abilities or dodge until you drown yourself
no more godmode ratels soft locking wave based missions/fissures
cat jizz scan rate increased to 25% and now affected by chance/doubler boosters

even some "grineer forrest" ai pathfinding improvements (maybe the box loops on that awful defense tile?) wow what a miracle

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 15, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mimesweeper posted:

What a prick.
I'm so glad those types of people are overall rate in WF.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Any news from last night's Prime Time? I forgot to watch.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

once i hit 'old mate' is there any reason not to trade in the rest of my debt bonds? are they needed for anything else?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pipski posted:

once i hit 'old mate' is there any reason not to trade in the rest of my debt bonds? are they needed for anything else?

The lowest tier ones are for gilding kitguns.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Fun fact: when I first started, before I got the upgrade that puts your pets into auto-stasis for inactivity, I would intentionally let them die and get melted down into froth to be spewed out the airlock. Because that was free, and it cost money to give them to the Lotus for adoption.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

metasynthetic posted:

Fun fact: when I first started, before I got the upgrade that puts your pets into auto-stasis for inactivity, I would intentionally let them die and get melted down into froth to be spewed out the airlock. Because that was free, and it cost money to give them to the Lotus for adoption.

:dogbutton:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
They should add a mission where you're looking for clues about the Lotus and you end up finding the lotus farm and all the pets you sent there.

and speaking of toxic people, the only toxic players I found were super serious traders that had moved over 300k plat on the market. One of them got all mad that I messaged him in game and wanted me to schedule a time to trade a riven

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

metasynthetic posted:

:allbuttons:

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

metasynthetic posted:

:catstare:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

The lowest tier ones are for gilding kitguns.

Aha, ta.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

I’m trying to run the Octavia quest and having some issues.

I’m having a hard time with the groups of sentients that you have to kill in the “amplify the signal” mission. I gather that you’re supposed to use operator mode to hit them with a void beam that resets their resistances. However, now that I have an amp and it runs off a separate energy pool, I run out of energy really fast and the sentients end up killing my warframe.

Do I just need to wait until I have some amp or focus upgrades to be able to easily take out sentients?

I’m also starting to run into issues with damage in late-star-chart stuff, Index, etc. I thought I had my weapons decently modded but I assume this means they’re not? E.g I have a Hek with Hell’s Chamber, point blank, and I think blast elemental damage but it’s no longer a quick killer. I guess I need to boost my mods further and/or potato my weapons for more mod capacity?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

mentalcontempt posted:

I’m having a hard time with the groups of sentients that you have to kill in the “amplify the signal” mission. I gather that you’re supposed to use operator mode to hit them with a void beam that resets their resistances. However, now that I have an amp and it runs off a separate energy pool, I run out of energy really fast and the sentients end up killing my warframe.

Do I just need to wait until I have some amp or focus upgrades to be able to easily take out sentients?

Octavia quest:
It's really difficult with the base Mote Amp. Personally, I did it right after completing The War Within, and it was kind of miserable. If you try it, take a high-survivability frame that won't pop every time you get zapped as the operator and are suddenly in the middle of three angry Battlecors.

Also, you'll either love or hate the last quest in the chain. I won't spoil anything, but I'd recommend not bringing Nezha (or Zephyr, probably). Playing as slippy-boy made it so much more difficult for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still get the occasional guy who wants to haggle while trading. when i tell them i won't haggle, they get really upset and try to convince me otherwise.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

mentalcontempt posted:

I’m also starting to run into issues with damage in late-star-chart stuff, Index, etc. I thought I had my weapons decently modded but I assume this means they’re not? E.g I have a Hek with Hell’s Chamber, point blank, and I think blast elemental damage but it’s no longer a quick killer. I guess I need to boost my mods further and/or potato my weapons for more mod capacity?

I was using a Corinth at that point, you can shave around half of their HP before they get really annoying. Makes it easier to spoiler mode a lot of them at the same time.

If you're really patient you can even kill one, but I don't recommend.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mentalcontempt posted:

index enemies get very tough very fast, but on the other hand you should just let a pubbie carry you, there are always rhinos and mesas around

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Captainicus posted:

I'm feeling quite successful in naming a weapon after possibly bad game taste, at least people here felt motivated to tell me so. Maybe I need to think of one warframe related to rile people up in game.

name your kitguns after Anthem javelins to see if anyone bites

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

You don't need to mow them down with the mote amp, a love-tap is enough to reset their defenses. Just graze them and go back to your weapons. Alternatively join some chilldolon runs and put the mountain of cores into quill rep so you can build a custom amp. Even a basic 111 is better than the lovely mote amp.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont know who started all this nidus + saryn art on the reddit but i love it

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I did octavia right after I did Second Dream so I only had old-spoiler mode.

But also had a maxed out Valkyr who could murder any sentient with her ult.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

mentalcontempt posted:

Of note, if you're frame is dying while you are in spoiler mode then you have some frame power active on your frame. Your frame is completely invincible while you're in operator mode, unless it has an active power going, then it still takes like 10 or 15% damage. It's 10 or 15% per power the frame is running while you're in spoiler mode. So if they're specifically killing your warframe during this time, that's probably why. You could try a frame where that wouldn't be a problem. Valkyr, Excal, and Mag are all real good at messing up sentients.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

FunkyFjord posted:

Of note, if you're frame is dying while you are in spoiler mode then you have some frame power active on your frame. Your frame is completely invincible while you're in operator mode, unless it has an active power going, then it still takes like 10 or 15% damage. It's 10 or 15% per power the frame is running while you're in spoiler mode. So if they're specifically killing your warframe during this time, that's probably why. You could try a frame where that wouldn't be a problem. Valkyr, Excal, and Mag are all real good at messing up sentients.

What is it about Mag and Excal that make them good sentient-killers? I have those two but not Valkyr.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I used limbo for that quest since cataclysm-stasis mostly froze them in place long enough to murder them.

I say mostly because if they were doing their dumb disco ball attack when I dropped the bubble on them, they'd just keep doing it

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

mentalcontempt posted:

What is it about Mag and Excal that make them good sentient-killers? I have those two but not Valkyr.

Excalibur's 4 can shred them and you can also blind them. Mag can put bubbles on them and make them easy to kill.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i want the saryn for an av

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
are assholes reposting this art on reddit without crediting sources

gently caress reddit

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ posted on reddit by the artist:
http://reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/aqng1m/warframe_trio_gif/

Uhhhh who the funk is nora night

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 16, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

On their Twitter too.
https://twitter.com/arkalpha/status/1095839552785178625

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
What's a good recommendation for a primary for early on (MR3)? I'm coming back into this after burning out in closed beta and am currently using a gorgon, but it just feels bad.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bear Throne posted:

What's a good recommendation for a primary for early on (MR3)? I'm coming back into this after burning out in closed beta and am currently using a gorgon, but it just feels bad.

Push forward one more MR and then use the Hek.

Also get free mods and stuff from goons to make this process easier.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bear Throne posted:

If you can scrounge together the resources to build it, I'd recommend giving the Vectis a shot. The Hek at MR4 is also excellent, as mentioned.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Pipski posted:

To clarify on what Kyrosiris said, gilding a kitgun takes some reputation and 10 Shelter debt-bonds. Gilding a MOA on the other hands requires 10 Training debt-bonds. It's not difficult to buy these when needed from Ticker, so I wouldn't sweat about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I've got enough gems banked to make it to old mate as soon as the daily cap lets me and i'm stoked about the new stuff that lets me buy but uh

let's just say i've seen a few things on streams during the "promoted streamers give drops" event and

simple yes or no spoiler-free answer, can i reject/undo the friendly greeting "reward"?