Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought it was still kind of a rarity on consoles because people still poop their pants when they open up a console disc case to find a download code while it's been becoming pretty de rigueur for pc games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I assume there's something in the Steam EULA that says something to the effect of "hey if this poo poo goes down all your games are fuckin gone bud" but I'm not reading through it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i thought it was still kind of a rarity on consoles because people still poop their pants when they open up a console disc case to find a download code while it's been becoming pretty de rigueur for pc games

The download code is basically the disc so while anyone can pop the disc in and eventually play it, once the servers go down that disc is junk.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

axelblaze posted:

You will come to hate the dastardly S Block and his Twin Sister the devious Z block.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

I assume there's something in the Steam EULA that says something to the effect of "hey if this poo poo goes down all your games are fuckin gone bud" but I'm not reading through it

once upon a time i think it actually was the opposite, that valve claimed if the whole steam thing didn't pan out they'd offer consumers some method of obtaining all their games permanently before the servers were wiped, but that would've been in a press release back in the infancy days of steam, neither an official contract nor reflective of what their attitude might be these days.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Steam is operating on the Too Big to Fail mode, they're gonna need a government bailout if it actually comes to that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

except for sekiro, i would never pirate sekiro

Obviously I meant real piracy where they would go around robbing rich people's yachts

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Real hurthling! posted:

Ubisoft says that skipping steam improved overall preorders for division 2 and sextupled uplay preorders that bring in the most money for ubisoft. Things gonna get even messier on pc going forward

i did have a funny conversation with someone who was REALLY PISSED about destiny 2 being EPIC EXCLUSIVE, NEVER GIVING CHINA MY CREDIT CARD!!!, because then I pointed out he can still just buy it from Uplay and he was like oh alright then, right on

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't fix that freudian slip i love it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also Tencent owns 5% of Ubi after they were seeking a way out of the Vivendi takeover

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

more than that i think epic straight up lost some credit card data to china not too too long ago because of those sweet sweet fortnite dollars

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

except for sekiro, i would never pirate sekiro

But are you buying the edition with the katana letter opener slash butt plug?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i got this on switch yesterday and yeah it still owns

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

well i wasn't going to but then you mentioned butt plug

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Saint Freak posted:

anything's a letter opener if you're brave enough

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Do people even have letters to open anymore

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Companies send me letters offering to buy my car probably 4 times a week.

First World Problems.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Companies send me letters offering to buy my car probably 4 times a week.

First World Problems.

most people in the "first world" don't even have a car

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Steam is operating on the Too Big to Fail mode, they're gonna need a government bailout if it actually comes to that

even for a giant corporation as of late Steam's policy has been "oh well I know you all hate this but it makes us more money so we're going to do it anyways" to annoyingly unashamed degree.

Like pretend I posted that moment from The Simpsons where Kang and Kodos go 'what are you going to do, vote for a third-party candidate" but label them both Steam and replace Perot with something that says Origin, Windows store and the Epic store

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

My bank really wants me to take out a loan I can't afford

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yes, and i keep them all in my butt, so it's two birds with one stone really

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Was the Ready Player One movie good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

axelblaze posted:

even for a giant corporation as of late Steam's policy has been "oh well I know you all hate this but it makes us more money so we're going to do it anyways" to annoyingly unashamed degree.

Like pretend I posted that moment from The Simpsons where Kang and Kodos go 'what are you going to do, vote for a third-party candidate" but label them both Steam and replace Perot with something that says Origin, Windows store and the Epic store

Steam's main policy is "we are going to do the thing that requires the least effort from us"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Do not walk through TSA with a butt katana though. Just trust me on that one.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

I'm going with "no"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

obviously, no

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

it was expensive garbage

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMBylNJQEbg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Ask yourself what you thought of the book and there's your answer

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i had to buy an entire box of envelopes so I could send two letters last year, since here you have to send a application for every election you want to early vote by mail in

i will have this box of envelopes when i die.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haveblue posted:

Ask yourself what you thought of the book and there's your answer

But... Spielberg!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Like there's no reason that letter openers have to be sharp knives that end up as murder weapons in 1/3 of all mysteries

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Like there's no reason that letter openers have to be sharp knives that end up as murder weapons in 1/3 of all mysteries

You can get little rectangle slidey ones, but they tend to suck cause they're not a sharp knife that ends up as a murder weapon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I enjoyed it. I liked the message at the end that the characters realized that over consumption of media and capitalism is toxic and bad. All the world of Oasis did was make everyone miserable and have a toxic view of reality.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 15, 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People would open letters with guns if it was at all effective.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't think I've ever used a letter opener to kill someone in Hitman. I think they might be detectable during frisks?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

People would open letters with guns if it was at all effective.

I do this but with a letter opener

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In the UK you aren't allowed to have letter openers so you do have to open mail by gun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

In the UK you aren't allowed to have letter openers so you do have to open mail by gun.

But aren't guns also banned in the UK? Do you all just never open letters? Like, you still get them in the mail but you have to just pile them up in your home forever wondering what contents is in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

But... Spielberg!!

nobody's perfect