Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

It's amazing how willingly people will have unprotected sex with strangers. Women especially as getting pregnant affects them waaaaay more.

yeah this part came across as supremely retarded: "So I do and I very stupidly have unprotected sex with him and take plan B the next day. He’s a doctor and I basically trust his judgement.
" what the gently caress does that even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I guess... he was claiming it's just as preventative as a condom?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He had a bag full of various pills. I'm guessing it wasn't even a plan b pill.

People do automatically trust doctors far more than they should.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Biplane posted:

yeah this part came across as supremely retarded: "So I do and I very stupidly have unprotected sex with him and take plan B the next day. He’s a doctor and I basically trust his judgement.
" what the gently caress does that even mean?

It means that a man who was willing to lie about being married is also willing to lie about relative prevention rates of condoms and plan b.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I get that he was lying but it obviously would have been in HIS best interest to do what he needed to do to prevent a pregnancy.ni mean his life is the one imploding over it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
She also didn't think him stealing percocets and cheating urine tests was a big deal. She's a bit naive to say the least.

He does deserve to have his career ruined for that.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I know first class is expensive but I didn't know it was literally like 20x the price of a normal ticket. Jesus christ

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

She also didn't think him stealing percocets and cheating urine tests was a big deal. She's a bit naive to say the least.

He does deserve to have his career ruined for that.

He was sharing with her

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Araenna posted:

I think it's more than a little selfish to not go support your SO when their parent dies. I don't think her being upset about it is guilting him either. Especially since she didn't know her father had been an rear end to him until after she blew up at him.

Eh, I dont think it's that bad. Then again, Id rather value someone during life than their death.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My coworker won’t stop telling me that I smell

quote:

I enjoy wearing perfume, but tend to stick to indie oil scents, since the smell tends to stick closer to my skin (so, in theory, I don’t bother my coworkers) and also because I seem to be sensitive to the alcohol that a lot of spray perfumes use. I also tend to use unscented deodorant and laundry detergent; I really dislike how “chemical-y” scented products like this tend to be.

About a month ago, one of my coworkers told me that the perfume I was wearing bothered her. I work closely with her, so I immediately apologized and washed it off, and haven’t worn any of my perfume since. I don’t have a huge wardrobe, so most if not all of my office-appropriate clothes have been washed since then, so I’m pretty sure that there are no lingering traces hanging on.

My problem is that this coworker is now complaining constantly about the perfume I’m not wearing! She even went to my manager, who pulled me aside and asked me about things like deodorant and bath products. I’ve tried to explain to my coworker that basically nothing I use is scented anymore, but she makes exaggerated sniffing noises and says things like, “Oh, patchouli AGAIN?” when I get near her. (Again, I am not wearing ANY perfume, my deodorant is unscented, I shower every morning and my body wash is lightly lemon scented and doesn’t stick around.) It’s reached the point where it feels like juvenile bullying and I honestly don’t know what to do.

Update: My coworker won’t stop telling me that I smell

quote:

So, this is actually hilarious. After posting to AAM, I decided to try one final de-smellification and see what happened. I found a relatively cheap unscented body wash, and, since the weather had finally turned hot for the summer, got my summer clothes out of storage. I don’t wear any of my “heavy” scents in the summer, so none of those clothes have been touched by the foul scourge that (apparently) is patchouli. All my coats, gloves, scarves, etc, went into storage.

Monday: I go into work wearing summer clothes – coworker makes a comment. I go into my manager’s (who is fortunately a super chill lady) office and ask her to smell me. She knows what’s going on with coworker, and agrees. Gets very close, sniffs, confirms that I am “almost creepily unscented” (her words).

Tuesday: coworker says something again. I ask another coworker who didn’t know what was going on if she will sniff my cube. (Thank goodness all this happened during a slow week!) In front of coworker, she walks around my cube, sniffing my chair and desk. Coworker looks embarrassed.

Wednesday: coworker says something AGAIN! I lose my patience and tell her, “Look, [coworker], you are clearly the only one smelling anything in this cube. Maybe you should go to the doctor and get checked for a brain tumor or something. Maybe you’re pregnant.” Coworker doesn’t respond, and so I look up to find her looking absolutely STUNNED. Like, the world could have exploded right then and I doubt she would have noticed. She’s super distracted the rest of the day.

Thursday: coworker calls in sick.

Friday: I wake up to a $50 gift card for my favorite indie shop in my email. I come in and coworker literally hugs me. Turns out — she’s pregnant! Apparently she and her partner have been trying for a while and it finally took, and sometimes pregnant women just develop insane senses of smell. I didn’t even actually know that, one of the commenters here suggested it and I was just so irritated that I threw it out there without thinking.

The weird thing is that she swears she does actually smell something. I believe her, but have literally no idea what it could be. She was just being kind of a jerk with the sniffing thing, even though she can smell it, it doesn’t bother her and she said she thought it was funny to watch me freak out. Manager has talked to her about not taunting the coworkers. Right now she’s so overjoyed that I don’t think she could be mean to anyone, but I guess we’ll see what happens after about month five or six!

Anyway, thank you for your advice and the really helpful comments on your site!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah I hadn't considered what buying it day-of would do

fuckin still though

airlines are a business based around cramming as many people into a metal tube as they can without killing them so that they can ship the absolute maximum amount of them by flinging them into the air at 600mph for up to 20 hours at a time. flights to places that anyone wants to actually go to are booked up weeks in advance and the normal passengers are given a seat which contains about 85% of the space required to store an average human, and at some point during their confinement a disinterested stewardess will bang a metal cart into their elbow while they're trying to sleep and offer them the minimum amount of nutrients required for the airline to not be legally liable for any deaths that occur onboard. if you complain about this one of your fellow passengers will reveal himself as the secret airplane spy and you'll be shot and thrown from the plane(while it's on the ground, maybe)

in first class you get a loving bed and a TV and they bring you chocolate sundaes and free liquor pretty much as often as you can yell for it, and there's a lovely curtain over the door so that you don't have to witness the gratuitous human suffering taking place among the lower classes

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Haifisch posted:

Ah so this explains why sherlock holmes had such a great sense of smell.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Biplane posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone be friends with a cop?

you love to lick poo poo off boots

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

sneakyfrog posted:

My [32F] girlfriend's [31F] ex [28F] is so much better than me that I'm doubting our whole relationship[new]
submitted 18 hours ago by throwaway10239841

I scrolled WAY too drat far and saw that B was also a part time model when she was dating L.

But she should probably keep her normal job

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

LadyPictureShow posted:

:stare:

AITA for telling his wife that he got me pregnant, and for reporting him so he’ll lose his medical license?

She's an rear end in a top hat. He, also, is an rear end in a top hat. Is losing a marriage and a livelihood proportional retribution for getting a woman pregnant and tricking/manipulating her into getting an abortion? Y'know what, probably. Lol @ everyone in this story

Edit: seriously, this is the type of stuff that characters in classic tragedies do to set themselves up to be destroyed

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 15, 2019

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Haifisch posted:

What a wonderful outcome!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Leon Einstein posted:

It's amazing how willingly people will have unprotected sex with strangers. Women especially as getting pregnant affects them waaaaay more.

Yeah, it surprises me too. And lol at these guys that think they can just walk away from that poo poo. Here in California, they'll go after them for child support pretty persistently along with the cost of whatever services mom got from the state.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

andrew smash posted:

But she should probably keep her normal job

haha

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Liquid Communism posted:

Grief hits people strangely. For her, getting married might just be what makes that loss 'real' for her, so she can't think about it.

Yeah, exactly. Put yourself in her shoes, what feels worse as an identity marker? "One of my boyfriends died" or "I AM, LEGALLY, A WIDOW." She's thinking to her life beyond this because grappling with the immediacy of his death is, loving, ugh. It's too much.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

AITA For laughing at a disabled kids rap during my schools talent show?
So my school was doing this talent show thing yesterday and I laughed at a disabled kids rap song when he made a bar about spitting windex because his bars were so clean, I thought he was just messing around and having fun so I let out a bit of a chuckle and apparently a lot of people didn’t take that the right way. So the teacher or whoever was running it pulled me over and lectured me about me for my actions. So I don’t know am I in the wrong here? Am I an rear end in a top hat? Because I’m genuinely starting to think I am.

Edit - So I forgot to add a few things. First of all I wasn’t actually laughing at him I was laughing at the rap. And the reason this guy knew it was me was because he was really close to me during this performance and the first thing he saw when he looked over to the crowd was me laughing. And I guess he thought it was with malice intent or something like that.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
He is not the rear end in a top hat and i now want to see the tard rap.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

In a boring story but I love this comment:

“Why is it always "We have a great sex life" followed by six paragraphs describing a terrible loving sex life?”

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

My House My Rules - How do I (31 F) deal with entitled Father (50's M)?

quote:

There's a lot of history between me and my father.

He's always been a phillandering, misogynistic, self-important blowhard that always needed to be "right." My sister and I (but almost never my brother) always had tons of invasive, arbitrary rules that he justified by saying "my house my rules." It just meant that the two of us stopped going to his house as soon as we were both able.

The thing that rankled most was that my brother was always able to have girls stay over since he was a teen. My dad even made a basement suite with a separate entrance for him, so as to avoid disturbing him. My sister and I weren't able to have a boy come over, even as friends. Or, if we did, he had to leave by dark (which is like 4pm in winter.) Again, the justification was "my house my rules."

Anyway, he facebooked me a couple days ago to inform me that he and a female "friend" are coming to stay in our guest room. I know from the grapevine that current wife kicked him out because she found out about his side piece, who also happens to be married.

I told him that his "friend" has to leave before it gets dark, and he needs to book a hotel room for her to go to before he can stay with us. He tried to argue, but I told him "my house my rules" and hung up. That's that, right?

Well dad's been stirring up his side of the family about how I "abused" him, and I keep getting dozens of messages a day about how I need to respect my father, family needs to stick together, etc. My grandmother has taken to her death bed (again) because her "heart can't handle being broken like this." Funny, because she's managed just fine without a heart all her life.

My brother has left me at least 5 long, rage-filled, messages about how I've turned my back on family etc. In the same messages he also rants about how difficult I'm making my brother's life because now dad's staying with him, and he's a terrible guest.

I'm tempted to just cut them all off. But my grandfather, who is the the most decent person ever, actually is on his deathbed. As in he only has a few months left, if that. And my grandmother controls access to him. Getting around her is really difficult.

Also, my kids are very close to a couple of my cousin's kids. There's no way to cut off my family and preserve those relationships.

TL;DR I guess I'm just looking for a way to smooth things over with my family, at least until my grandfather dies, without having Dad and his new chick stay over at our house.

I want to be friends with this girl. I like to think she married Pete.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

just sniffing my chair, as one does

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xenocides posted:

My House My Rules - How do I (31 F) deal with entitled Father (50's M)?

I want to be friends with this girl. I like to think she married Pete.

ain't one of em gonna say poo poo in person, angry facebook messages are for cowards

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [21F] am being harassed over social media because of an inappropriate comment.
Hi all.

About two weeks ago a girl from my school called Alicia was hit by a car and sadly passed away. Obviously everyone was extremely upset about what happened and a lot of people were paying their respects on social media. I stayed silent as I remembered somebody different.

Alicia started to pick on me from the moment she saw me. She made up a cruel nickname for me and soon everyone was calling me it. She and her friends used to spread these horrible rumours about me, including one that my dad was in prison (which they claimed was for something that rhymes with grape). I had maybe two or three friends in all the time I was in school because nobody wanted to go against her.

My parents and me tried to go to the teachers about her, but the problem was that she was one of the smart kids. She was top of every class and not a single one of them would ever hear a bad word about her. It got to the point that I tried to end it all because I felt so terrible, and though I was stopped, when the rumours spread she said it was shame it didn't work.

Due to all of that I was in no rush to pay my respects. I won't lie. I hate this person with a passion. Even then, I don't think she deserved to die. I didn't say anything at all. However, someone I'm friends with posted something about how when someone passes away, people who don't know/like that person will come in and say how wonderful they are. I commented that it works both ways and that when a horrible person dies, everyone will talk about what a lovely person they were even when that isn't true.

However, this person has a few mutuals who were in Alicia's friend-group. One of them, Grace, saw it an screenshotted it. I got a DM from her, saying ''That better not be about Alicia''. I tried to play dumb and say that it wasn't. Within an hour, I was getting messages from all kinds of people, sending me all kinds of abuse and harassing me, telling me it should have been me and that Alicia was worth a hundred of me etc.

It got to the point that Alicia's mother started messaging me too. She was saying what a vile person I am. Bear in mind that her she knew about what Alicia was doing to me and what I almost did because of it, and refused to admit that her daughter was responsible.

I have closed down all my social media but unfortunately some snake has found my number and I am still getting calls and texts abusing me. I have been threatened and am afraid to leave he house to go to work.

How am I supposed to sort this out?

TL:DR; I indirectly said something about the girl who tormented me who sadly passed away and now am being harassed over social media.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CannonFodder posted:

So what's it like to sit down at a table and look at someone. Look at someone and know that they lied.

I don't do in-person inquiries. I do, however, know what it feels like to know the future of sealed criminal cases percolating through the courts and it's like having heartburn but with hydrofluoric acid, just eating away as it takes every fiber of effort not to tell people what's gonna go down with extremely public figures.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA? Ran over a guy riding a bicycle

AITA here? So the other day, I'm leaving a restaurant parking lot. I'm stopped, waiting to turn RIGHT onto a main road to go back to work. Since I'm turning RIGHT, I'm only looking left for cars. When I got an opening, I took off, and then thump-thump-thumpity-boomp. Human flying over my windshield out of my periphery.

Turns out a guy on a bike was riding down the sidewalk from my right. Now I don't look right when turning right. Why should I? If I'm turning LEFT across traffic, then of course I'm looking RIGHT. And LEFT.

Guy wasn't hurt, a couple scratches. Cop shows up. We are both sitting on the grass waiting for him to do his work. Comes back with his ticket book. I'm like "crap, I'm getting a citation". Cop gives ticket to bicyclist. Bike rider says "I can't believe this, I get hit by a car and I'M getting the ticket???" Bike guy looked homeless, bike was pretty messed up, I gave him $100 to buy a new bike since he got the ticket.

Had some friends and family members say I should have looked right. Overwhelming amount, about 80-20. I've never, ever thought to look right when turning right. What say ye, reddit?

NOTE: I live in the USA, so remember we drive on the right side of the roads.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone. I genuinely posted this to see the degree of negligence I used, and it's obvious. I think a lot of people come in here hoping to get "NTA" to validate their side of the story, but I was seriously curious if I'm in the minority. And I am. I have learned my lesson, not only b/c of what happened, but b/c of how many people here find it ludicrous I didn't look right. Thank God the biker was not seriously hurt.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Thank you.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for firing employee of 20+ years for calling my niece "Princess"

My niece is kind of... a useless intern at the moment. She was super sheltered by her mother, my brother travels for work... so she has no real life skills.

I own a business and took Ally [18] under my wing. She lives in my basement apartment [I live above her] and I am pretty much building an adult from the ground up. Everything from how to dress in the workplace to how to use a computer properly outside of Facebook and Instagram.

It's working. It's just frustrating for Ally because she should know a lot of this stuff. But her mom is very, very controlling. I expect I am going to do this with my other niece Savannah when she graduates in a few years.

But it's working out well. Ally is going to start community college in September. But until then I am having her sit in my office and do various small tasks, take an online Microsoft Word tutorial, and catch up on various life goals.

I have been running my own business for six years now. I took it over from my Mother when she retired. My brother has no interest in the business, though he was offered some stake.

My mother ran the business for 37 years before I took it over. She hired a woman named Belladonna [54F] who has worked there for 24 years. As such, Belladonna feels she is pillar for the company and has asked to become a manager. She has tried to take on managerial roles before, but I wouldn't give her that job if someone paid me.

She is a little snarky, but I had no issue with it. Until I caught her calling Ally "Cinderella" and "Princess." She was also ordering Ally to get her coffee. When Ally said she was working on something, Belladonna told her "well, I guess you just sit down and do nothing then."
I fired her on the spot.

My Mother thinks I was an rear end in a top hat for doing that. But I don't tolerate people who think being older means they have a right to be snarky. I told people what Ally was doing at the job, and that she was not an intern. She was simply my niece assisting me on stuff I needed help with.
AITA?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/legaladvice
[CO] My ex lied about vaccinating our immune compromised 8 year old daughter. She now has chicken pox and is in the hospital. I want my ex as far way from my daughter as possible.
u/ThrowYouAway2213

quote:

Me and my ex split up before our daughters birth. There were a variety of reasons for this that I wont get into here. One of them though was her anti-science beliefs. She's an anti-vaxxer and and doesn't trust science or medicine at all. Well, this sucks because our daughter was born premature and immunocompromised.

We have have 50/50 custody of her but due to her condition and my wife's anti science beliefs we argue constantly on how to handle her. Well, recently our daughter has made incredible progress and last year was given the go ahead to get vaccinated for certain virus's including chicken pox and the flu. My ex went crazy about this and started making my life a living hell. And threatened up and down to take me to court.

Around this time I also got a new job that payed a considerable amount more than my old. When this happened I decided I wanted to move my girl into a private school that has a program for immune compromised children and offered to pay 100% of tuition. The only problem (for her at least) is that this school requires students to be fully vaccinated, up to their medically allowed limit in my daughters case. My ex fought me up and down on this and we ended up in court. The judge agreed with me and ordered my daughter to be vaccinated.

Ex had a full breakdown but in the end agreed only on the condition she get to take her to "lessen the emotional damage and make sure the doctor doesn't poison her." I demanded the medical forms confirming this and she agreed. So, my daughter finally got vaccinated and last fall started at her awesome new school. Well, last week my daughter got incredibly sick and had to be rushed to the hospital from school. She somehow had contracted varicella (chicken pox) despite being vaccinated for it. I have been stressed out from the minute I got the call and confused as all hell how she got it. My daughter must have picked up on this and thought I was mad at her because when I was visiting her in the hospital she decided to tell me the "secret mommy promised to make her keep".

Turns out my ex didn't vaccinate her. She made my daughter lie about it. Instead she has been using "Special oils and salts to keep her from getting sick." What about the forms I got saying she was vaccinate? There fake. I called the doctor and it turns out she never went in and he never signed any forms confirming she was vaccinated. So my ex lied and faked forms to convince me she was vaccinated.

I'm pissed to say the least. My daughter is in the hospital because my ex decided to let her beliefs come before our child health. My ex doesn't know I know yet and I told my daughter not to tell her, I want her gone now. How do I approach this to make sue my ex suffers for this. I have the forms she handed me and texts from the day she took her. I also have the doctor on record saying he never signed off on these and that the ones I have a forged. I'm planning on speaking to a lawyer but I would like to know going in what to do. Thank you.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA? Ran over a guy riding a bicycle

AITA here? So the other day, I'm leaving a restaurant parking lot. I'm stopped, waiting to turn RIGHT onto a main road to go back to work. Since I'm turning RIGHT, I'm only looking left for cars. When I got an opening, I took off, and then thump-thump-thumpity-boomp. Human flying over my windshield out of my periphery.

Turns out a guy on a bike was riding down the sidewalk from my right. Now I don't look right when turning right. Why should I? If I'm turning LEFT across traffic, then of course I'm looking RIGHT. And LEFT.

Guy wasn't hurt, a couple scratches. Cop shows up. We are both sitting on the grass waiting for him to do his work. Comes back with his ticket book. I'm like "crap, I'm getting a citation". Cop gives ticket to bicyclist. Bike rider says "I can't believe this, I get hit by a car and I'M getting the ticket???" Bike guy looked homeless, bike was pretty messed up, I gave him $100 to buy a new bike since he got the ticket.

Had some friends and family members say I should have looked right. Overwhelming amount, about 80-20. I've never, ever thought to look right when turning right. What say ye, reddit?

NOTE: I live in the USA, so remember we drive on the right side of the roads.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone. I genuinely posted this to see the degree of negligence I used, and it's obvious. I think a lot of people come in here hoping to get "NTA" to validate their side of the story, but I was seriously curious if I'm in the minority. And I am. I have learned my lesson, not only b/c of what happened, but b/c of how many people here find it ludicrous I didn't look right. Thank God the biker was not seriously hurt.

Uh that's someone who never should have gotten a fuckin license in the first place

You look both ways specifically to avoid running over someone crossing the loving road you nincompoop

The biker probably got the ticket for being on the sidewalk or not waiting for the crossing signal if it was an intersection.

Also $100 probably didn't even cover the ticket, rear end in a top hat.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [21F] am being harassed over social media because of an inappropriate comment.

poo poo all over her memory. Post nothing but videos of "Celebrate Good Times" and quotes about how great life is and appreciating every day you have. If anyone confronts you about it in person just say, "I don't think Alicia would mind. But let's ask her," then stamp your feet and shout, "Havin' a fun time down there in hell, Alicia!?"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Holy poo poo gently caress balls that anti-vax mom one, she's absolutely gonna get fuckin sued by the school and the other parents holy gently caress.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
[CO] My ex lied about vaccinating our immune compromised 8 year old daughter. She now has chicken pox and is in the hospital. I want my ex as far way from my daughter as possible.
u/ThrowYouAway2213
:holymoley: if this is real someone probably just lost joint custody and a huge chunk of parenting time, not to mention potential sanctions (wc?) for contempt of court.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Antivehicular posted:

Wait, a fragrance-free office that issues you pre-approved hygiene products, instead of just saying "use unscented detergent and don't cover yourself in body spray?" Is this a thing? If my job gave me soap and shampoo, I'd assume I just loving stank, not anything about office policy.

I'm pretty sensitive to fragrances myself. If I'm not allergic to it, it'll probably give me a migraine. So I know fragrance free costs more, is harder to find in stores, and some brands don't make certain products fragrance free at all (I'm looking at you, Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal! You'll never get me to pay even more for your lightweight to get fragrance free!). I can see in a small place just offering to buy it or cover the difference in cost. But giving someone some new detergent and insisting they keep their clothes at work makes no sense. Maybe she smokes like a chimney inside constantly?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

cumshitter posted:

poo poo all over her memory. Post nothing but videos of "Celebrate Good Times" and quotes about how great life is and appreciating every day you have. If anyone confronts you about it in person just say, "I don't think Alicia would mind. But let's ask her," then stamp your feet and shout, "Havin' a fun time down there in hell, Alicia!?"

i was thinking she should gather up all the evidence of the abuse and fuckin, run a thoughtpiece in Teen Vogue on the capriciousness of public memory. This girl's got her college admittance essay written for her.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
u/ThrowYouAway2213

You have all the evidence you need. loving destroy her.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hi all.

Why is a 21 year old still in this deep socially with so many people they knew in school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hi all.

About two weeks ago a girl from my school called Alicia was hit by a car and sadly passed away. Obviously everyone was extremely upset about what happened and a lot of people were paying their respects on social media. I stayed silent as I remembered somebody different.

Alicia started to pick on me from the moment she saw me. She made up a cruel nickname for me and soon everyone was calling me it. She and her friends used to spread these horrible rumours about me, including one that my dad was in prison (which they claimed was for something that rhymes with grape). I had maybe two or three friends in all the time I was in school because nobody wanted to go against her.

My parents and me tried to go to the teachers about her, but the problem was that she was one of the smart kids. She was top of every class and not a single one of them would ever hear a bad word about her. It got to the point that I tried to end it all because I felt so terrible, and though I was stopped, when the rumours spread she said it was shame it didn't work.

Due to all of that I was in no rush to pay my respects. I won't lie. I hate this person with a passion. Even then, I don't think she deserved to die. I didn't say anything at all. However, someone I'm friends with posted something about how when someone passes away, people who don't know/like that person will come in and say how wonderful they are. I commented that it works both ways and that when a horrible person dies, everyone will talk about what a lovely person they were even when that isn't true.

However, this person has a few mutuals who were in Alicia's friend-group. One of them, Grace, saw it an screenshotted it. I got a DM from her, saying ''That better not be about Alicia''. I tried to play dumb and say that it wasn't. Within an hour, I was getting messages from all kinds of people, sending me all kinds of abuse and harassing me, telling me it should have been me and that Alicia was worth a hundred of me etc.

It got to the point that Alicia's mother started messaging me too. She was saying what a vile person I am. Bear in mind that her she knew about what Alicia was doing to me and what I almost did because of it, and refused to admit that her daughter was responsible.

I have closed down all my social media but unfortunately some snake has found my number and I am still getting calls and texts abusing me. I have been threatened and am afraid to leave he house to go to work.

How am I supposed to sort this out?

TL:DR; I indirectly said something about the girl who tormented me who sadly passed away and now am being harassed over social media.
Start up your account again, every morning post "Another beautiful day in a slightly better world. (It's a better world because Alicia is dead (I say this because she was awful (and the world is better off without her)))"

Reply to any and all responses with "A good point, but she's dead and I'm not so I win"

If they bring the fight to you come back swinging :colbert: