Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

So is Far Cry New Dawn another Blood Dragon surprise hit or just more Ubisoft trash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
EA released the best Bond game and the worst in the same year! Rogue Agent was positively dreadful.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

al-azad posted:

So is Far Cry New Dawn another Blood Dragon surprise hit or just more Ubisoft trash?

It's just more Far Cry 5.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

The Far Cry thread seems to like it and they were pretty mad at 5 by the end.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why isn't there a MacGyver game with like Kerbal Space Program like building mechanics?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

al-azad posted:

afaik it's just fc5 but things are pink and there's basically no plot. i guess if that sounds cool go for it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

axelblaze posted:

Why isn't there a MacGyver game with like Kerbal Space Program like building mechanics?
besiege but with more rubber bands and duct tape

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I keep wanting to replay Far Cry 5 because the gameplay is megatons of fun but then I remember the unskippable cutscenes and bliss bullet interruptions

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I got my second Tetris 99 chicken dinner and I guess now I know what the PUBG grinders are going for

And I know it's probably the quirks of random assignment but the game is pretty good at riling me up against random strangers when I have 5 attackers in the first thirty seconds. Also makes it satisfying when I drop three Tetrises on their asses and they all KO

Remember James Bond Jr.?

And then it's not actually his son but his nephew or some poo poo like that

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawt_YniLhQ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

corn in the bible posted:

afaik it's just fc5 but things are pink and there's basically no plot. i guess if that sounds cool go for it

FC5 with basically no plot solves the biggest underlying problem with Far Cry.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

axelblaze posted:

Isn't this Fallout 4? Which means this idea in practice is bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Fallout isn't that at all

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

No?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

Do you ever make posts that aren't rife with incorrect content?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Doing some art so I decided to put a stream on in the background with someone playing Antrhem. Zero interest in the game but I just needed some background noise.

First thing I hear the streamer say is "I have no idea who thought this was a good direction for a game" :regd09:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Doing some art so I decided to put a stream on in the background with someone playing Antrhem. Zero interest in the game but I just needed some background noise.

First thing I hear the streamer say is "I have no idea who thought this was a good direction for a game" :regd09:

I mean everyone else has said the same thing about Anthem. The only people I know who are excited for it are the hardcore Destiny 2 crowd and that group is small.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/108/status/1096435579154247681

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't understand why closing Chrome tabs slows my computer down and if weren't so enmeshed into the Google ecosystem I would use a different browser

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I said come in! posted:

I mean everyone else has said the same thing about Anthem. The only people I know who are excited for it are the hardcore Destiny 2 crowd and that group is small.

i wanted it to be good but it still seems to need more time in the oven, from watching streams

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gotta admire that well-placed title logo to hide mermaid bits from innocent console gamer eyes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

i wanted it to be good but it still seems to need more time in the oven, from watching streams

I don't think the oven is on, so that probably won't help.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

chumbler posted:

I don't think the oven is on, so that probably won't help.

Feels an odd reversal of fortune, with Apex Legends suddenly eating everyone's lunch at the same time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

EA is really bad about post game support unfortunately. :/ Both Destiny 1 & 2, and the Division required massive amount of work and adjustments to become what players considered "fun." I don't like that this sort of behavior though is rewarded. "These games are good now!" isn't a good look for the industry. A game needs to be fun to play at launch.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

speaking of, i know it’s only been out what, a week? but are there any preliminary numbers on how much it’s eating into the fortnite juggernaut?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ciaphas posted:

Feels an odd reversal of fortune, with Apex Legends suddenly eating everyone's lunch at the same time

You knot the takeaway from this is gonna be that more BR is the direction to go in.

Goodbye Bioware! :wave:

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of, i know it’s only been out what, a week? but are there any preliminary numbers on how much it’s eating into the fortnite juggernaut?

Its consistently getting way more viewers than Fortnite on Twitch, which might not seem like a big deal to some of you but that's a pretty massive one in terms of marketing and momentum.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

sadly, the apex legends devs were last seen crying and begging the tetris 99 devs for mercy

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cowcaster posted:

Given that the next Fortnite battle pass is being given away free I'm gonna say pretty substantially.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm listening to the tracks that the Capcom Sound Team uploaded to Spotify and man, there's so much good stuff in here. It shuffled to one MMX stage I haven't played since I was a kid and it was like Ratatouille.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I'm listening to the tracks that the Capcom Sound Team uploaded to Spotify and man, there's so much good stuff in here. It shuffled to one MMX stage I haven't played since I was a kid and it was like Ratatouille.

The remixes they put out with the X legacy collection are great. The remixed X4 boss theme rules and they even made the trash one from X3 good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
And sometimes you'll find utterly random stuff like this

https://open.spotify.com/track/030fFzFPJLpefylAhEYTkw?si=MOSyOY_dS1Oy94oXfDbqBg

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Everything or Nothing is an awesome game and so is Nightfire.

A lot of Bond games are real good, though there are s ome that are definitely bad and when they are bad, they are really bad. poo poo like 007 Racing.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My favorite James Bond is the Game Boy one which is very much a Metal Gear ripoff with Link's Awakening adventure moments and it ends in a bad sex pun like all James Bond properties.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Total Overdose is reminding me of Just Cause is some ways. This is pretty fun.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Going by Twitch numbers Fortnite seems fine, probably a big problem for Far Cry and Anthem though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think EA hates BioWare and wants them to die a bloody death

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jay Rust posted:

I think EA hates BioWare and wants them to die a bloody death

I mean after Andromeda I think most people wanted that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fart Cry and uhhh....... Assthem.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Crackrock 3
Tetrass 99

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

assthem sounds like what a race of rear end people yell at the intrepid explorers that discovered their rear end people realm before the rear end people chase them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

well now I'm finally interested in anthem