Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I don't know what to make of the remake announcement, considering all the footage so far has made the maps and Link's abilities look 100% identical to the original game, just with a new graphical style. I'm sure I'll play and enjoy it, but it seems weirdly underwhelming to me at this point.

Then again, I don't want them changing things just to change them either (let's not forget Majora's Mask 3D), and Link's Awakening is an extremely well-designed game that new generations deserve to experience. So I won't complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Can't wait to do the horse head puzzle with fill 3d physics objects!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The biggest flaw of Link's Awakening is having a good amount of abilities, but they all compete for two buttons to the point core abilities like swinging your sword compete with picking things up.

A remake's gonna have a ton more buttons, so now you can have the sword, shield, feather and bracelet on at all times while still having space for more situational items you can ideally quick-swap between as well. The game's core design remains the same but the gameplay flows infinitely better.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Don't forget the fact that the compass has a new feature.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.

a cartoon duck posted:

The biggest flaw of Link's Awakening is having a good amount of abilities, but they all compete for two buttons to the point core abilities like swinging your sword compete with picking things up.

A remake's gonna have a ton more buttons, so now you can have the sword, shield, feather and bracelet on at all times while still having space for more situational items you can ideally quick-swap between as well. The game's core design remains the same but the gameplay flows infinitely better.

Nah, in order to remain true to the spirit of the original, the shoulder buttons will be the only buttons you can map items to.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

a cartoon duck posted:

I can just imagine Link running around with his Sword in one hand, shield in the other, Pegasus Boots on his feet, and the Rocs Feather in his mouth.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I can just imagine Link running around with his Sword in one hand, shield in the other, Pegasus Boots on his feet, and the Rocs Feather in his mouth.

have the feather attached to his arm, and play the ocarina in his mouth with no hands. Meanwhile he is hovering above the boomerang and underneath the blue Cucco

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What happens if Link equips the Iron Boots and Roc's Feather at the same time?

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Carbon dioxide posted:

Mario-style ground pound.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Overflow error.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Broken toes

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Potholes everywhere.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Either short hops or wavedashing depending upon momentum.

What I want to know is what happens if Link uses the Magnet Gloves while wearing the Iron Boots.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
He becomes extremely attractive.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

It's either him touching his toes much faster than any ordinary human being ever could, or he becomes very tall.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Game straight up crashes

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

Either short hops or wavedashing depending upon momentum.

What I want to know is what happens if Link uses the Magnet Gloves while wearing the Iron Boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R20MXVdGUQ

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Heyhey Thornbrain, I don't know if you noticed but at least for this LP of yours, the only available links for the Uncut version in the archive point to the dead Blip.tv

I mean I know it's all on Youtube now, it's just a slight annoyance that the links don't work anymore in the archive.

https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-(by-ThornBrain)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Yeah I know, I didn't upload the uncut versions to YouTube until way after the LP was over. Same for Agent Under Fire. The uncut playlists are all there on YouTube though; might need to CTRL+F to find them, they're not fully in-order until Shadow of the Colossus.
I've been thinking of asking Baldurk if I could fix the links, but it's been almost a year since the archive's been updated on the whole. Maybe someday when it's moving again.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

ThornBrain posted:

Yeah I know, I didn't upload the uncut versions to YouTube until way after the LP was over. Same for Agent Under Fire. The uncut playlists are all there on YouTube though; might need to CTRL+F to find them, they're not fully in-order until Shadow of the Colossus.
I've been thinking of asking Baldurk if I could fix the links, but it's been almost a year since the archive's been updated on the whole. Maybe someday when it's moving again.

I submitted an error to someone elses lp, and it got fixed after a few week. This was a couple of months ago

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

lobster22221 posted:

I submitted an error to someone elses lp, and it got fixed after a few week. This was a couple of months ago

Hmm, then maybe I'll try soon. My idea was to remake the pages with new images and links though.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Yeah, not sure about something large like that, my submission was just a misdirected youtube link.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hey ThornBrain, while this thread is being revived I have a quick question:

Does the Switch count as a portable enough system for you to LP Cadence of Hyrule when it comes out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYd_pph6RnI

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Does the Switch count as a portable enough system for you to LP Cadence of Hyrule when it comes out?

... Was that a SUBROSIAN?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Alkydere posted:

I'm unfortunately not big on Necrodancer. Yeah, the music guy doesn't like the music game, go figure.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fair enough. It was just such a weird grey area I thought it bore asking.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Here's a proper status update for the thread:
After my Star Fox 64 LP is fully public on May 2, Phantom Hourglass will resume updates on the following 5th. Due to Skippy being absolutely swamped with work, he's bowed out of it and Spirit Tracks after Part 6 for both LPs, and it will be just Yoshi and me from Part 7 onward. On the plus side, we have a much larger backlog of parts than we did when the LPs started, so there shouldn't be anymore hiatuses.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Phantom Hourglass returns! Last time we got the cannon, so let's go use it on the Ghost Ship.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The Algorithm is having a day again, I see.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

The Algorithm is having a day again, I see.

Yeah I got the same poo poo recommended at the end of this video.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It might be the weird papaya face and the beautiful guy on the boat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sweet, I was looking forward to this and the other one coming back.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

ThornBrain posted:

Phantom Hourglass returns! Last time we got the cannon, so let's go use it on the Ghost Ship.

I like that you were able to pursue the ghost ship closely enough to see what the cannon does to it.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This title won't be funny until Spirit Tracks goes public.
Sadly this is the last part with Skippy, who had to drop out do to being swamped with work. I'll be sure to grab him again when I inevitably do Graveyard Keeper.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
See ya later, Skips, it was a fun ride. Love how quickly you demolished that thing, Thorn, that poor boss didn't know what hit it.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The Southwest Quadrant is clear of evil for now, so let's explore it and try out a frustrating minigame!

This is a good example of how far ahead we record videos. We did this in January and talk about Pikmin 3 before Yoshi ever started it, but as of posting this, we have only two parts before that LP is complete.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You noticed the Hero's trident. Perhaps we should call it... a triumph fork?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ThornBrain posted:

The Southwest Quadrant is clear of evil for now, so let's explore it and try out a frustrating minigame!

This is a good example of how far ahead we record videos. We did this in January and talk about Pikmin 3 before Yoshi ever started it, but as of posting this, we have only two parts before that LP is complete.

I regularly get around 3000 on that game, you just need to keep aiming at the closest target and tap them as fast as possible.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

My brain shut off all day, but at least scheduled videos go up when they're supposed to. Anyway, time for treasure hunting in the most tedious way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
There's large parts of this game I don't remember. But the tedious treasure crane mini-game? That I remember.