Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

CommonShore posted:

gently caress you, Everett True. The guy just gave you a polite hello as he came in the door.
as he held open the door on the rapidly moving train on a winter's morning

Footrot Flats (1976)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zetsubou-san posted:

Footrot Flats (1976)

Electric fences are weird. It doesn't exactly hurt to get zapped by them, but it is deeply unpleasant. My reaction was something like "I don't really know what that sensation was but I don't want it to happen again."

And yes, I let myself get zapped on purpose to see what it felt like. You've got to, don't you?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tiggum posted:

Electric fences are weird. It doesn't exactly hurt to get zapped by them, but it is deeply unpleasant. My reaction was something like "I don't really know what that sensation was but I don't want it to happen again."

And yes, I let myself get zapped on purpose to see what it felt like. You've got to, don't you?

Just don't whizz on it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tiggum posted:

We did that more than once I remember as a kid, my grandfather had cows.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

Just don't whizz on it

wanting to know what it feels like and wanting to know what it feels like to your dick are very different sorts of curiosity

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tiggum posted:

Got zapped myself taking photos of rare breed pigs at an open farm, where they had a single [electrified] wire preventing the pigs from straying. I managed to press the lens of the film camera I was looking through on to the wire trying to get a low shot of a pig dozing in mud. Wondered what the hell had happened.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

EasyEW posted:

Dok's Dippy Duck (July 19-21, 1923)

Hardcore.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Jamal

BCN

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Wallace

Curtis

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

Wasn't Chutney's hair always blue in the past?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
drat That's A Fine Elephant

The Amazing MJ

Focus, Staton and Curtis. Focus.

Tiny Arms Tracy

Kids amirite

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

That Kitkat fact made me think "...but... that's impossible!"

Plus I really want a kitkat now.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
But what was inside the very first KitKat?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kennel posted:

Nothing. Nobody liked it so they broke it up into little bits for disposal. Then someone had a craaaaazy idea and the rest is history.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Damaged products of something that was almost, but not quite, a KitKat.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A TakTik.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

These "Dustin tries to pick up girls at the bar" strips never make sense to me because I have no idea why they all think he's such a hapless loser. Like, take John Arbuckle, for instance. When he tried to hit on ladies it made sense when they turned him down because he was painfully dorky and transparently desperate - and even he got a date now and again! But why is Dustin supposed to be so unappealing? He doesn't seem to be going about it in an obnoxious way or anything, but they all react like he's the worst person imaginable. Is he, like, super ugly in a way that doesn't translate to cartoons?

And I know the "real" answer is that he's a lazy entitled millennial and to the cartoonist that's the least appealing thing you could be, but still. It's weird.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Haifisch posted:

The Amazing MJ

:allears:

Yeah...MJ really is the actual hero of Newspaper Spider-Man.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Vargo posted:

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Wallace

Laughed out loud at both of these. Wallace especially.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mikl posted:

:same: and while that Curtis is not an LOL strip, it was still a very good strip and so for Curtis a fantastic strip

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Mikl posted:

That Wallace is a rerun, but I'm ok with it because it's one of my favourite ones.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Watching Spiderman get utterly clowned on is amazing. :allears:

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Luxury bath robe. :3:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

davidspackage posted:

That Kitkat fact made me think "...but... that's impossible!"

Plus I really want a kitkat now.

It’s KitKats all the way down in.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Okay! When they said Gunther had sewn himself some Picard PJs, I thought they meant his captain uniform, but as sleepwear. I did not expect it to be Picard's actual sexy satin romper that he slept in on the show. Bold choice, Gunth, you weirdo.

This is a normal conversation for two young adults who grew up in modern times to have.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MJ saves the day by crushing a man's throat with a lead pipe :3:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Synthbuttrange posted:

MJ saves the day by crushing a man's throat with a lead pipe :3:

I thought it was going to be Dare Devil.

Nope. Mary Jane. Actress.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

You know how I added Minimum Security and Funky Winkerbean because somebody else bailed on them, but the strips still got the type of reaction that makes the thread more thread-like? And how I added Crankshaft because misery loves company? And how Funky and Crankshaft kind of coalesced into a Medicare Part D-style donut hole of loathing?

You ever wonder if I was gonna widen that gap?

Well, God forgive me for what I'm about to do, cos I'M GOING IN...

:siren: :siren: :siren:9 Chickweed Lane:siren: :siren: :siren:

I'm kind of glad. It's one of my favorite hate reads. I mean I didn't miss it when it was gone, but it belongs in this thread, in a weird way.

Kennel posted:

There has never not been a KitKat.

Julet Esqu posted:

Okay! When they said Gunther had sewn himself some Picard PJs, I thought they meant his captain uniform, but as sleepwear. I did not expect it to be Picard's actual sexy satin romper that he slept in on the show. Bold choice, Gunth, you weirdo.
Hahahaha! I wish he were modeling it.

F Minus

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

He's an old fool who only inspires exasperation in people as they wonder why old &%$!s like him are still around?

The Phantom

NO PHANTOM DON'T YOU DARE

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kadia :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

:ohdear:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I didn't realize Mark Trail brought on Batiuk as a guest writer.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

NO PHANTOM DON'T YOU DARE

It was a given that Kadia might not be all in with this plan, but nooooo, not like this. :ohdear:

Sally Forth

Skippy (September 29, 1931)

Peanuts (February 18, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 29-February 1, 1932)

Thimble Theater (September 11, 1935)

Dok's Dippy Duck, in which the Great Banana War continues. Just wait a few decades and it'll be the Battle Of Mairzy Doats and Dozey Doats (July 23-25, 1923)

That's the third annual Navy regatta for the Times Cup, featuring "thirteen picked crews of sailor athletes [battling] for the Times trophy and the championship of the battle fleet". Timed for a presidential trip, too. What could possibly go wrong?

Tomorrow: The things that possibly went wrong.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 15, 2019

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

The white rabbit is awesome. :kimchi:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I am unsure if he is more inappropriately thirsty for Luann or Gunther.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Just want to take this moment to thank again the individual who bought me this avatar.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

What all did the statues tear down in Sally Forth because I feel at some point you cut your losses and you just dont have a porch anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the idiot gave you management experience cooper you could probably get a better paying job