Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to know what the NFL is hiding, must be hilarious and/or severely hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

I want to know what the NFL is hiding, must be hilarious and/or severely hosed up.

It's probably just Bob Mcnair freely using racial slurs in emails.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

It's probably just Bob Mcnair freely using racial slurs in emails.

It's got to be multiple owners that were doing something like this in the communications that they don't want released. They were willing to cut Richardson loose, I don't see why they'd circle the wagons on any one single owner.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe the NFL killed McNair and Spanos to cover up the truth.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kaep won’t leak it. He’d have to give all the Money back if he did.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

euphronius posted:

kaep won’t leak it. He’d have to give all the Money back if he did.

Maybe someone will hack into the NFL lawyers emails or some poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Maybe someone will hack into the NFL lawyers emails or some poo poo.

Besides that one time with Sony how often does that ever happen for a big company like the NFL?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
so kaep sold out for a payday so the nfl can keep their racist anti labor secrets? cool cool cool

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1096570257349754883

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I can't tell if he thought he was going to get a call on that and gave up or what

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Besides that one time with Sony how often does that ever happen for a big company like the NFL?

True. But Experian so that's 2 companies.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Asproigerosis posted:

so kaep sold out for a payday so the nfl can keep their racist anti labor secrets? cool cool cool

The NFL is not really racist so much as greedy fucks that want controversy to go away so they can continue to get richer even if it means sweeping huge problems under the rug. Whatever I am not going to be mad at someone taking a 50 million buck payday.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kaep at least got more cash than he was ever going to make in the league without the bodily punishment

Malcolm Jenkins sold out for a Papa Johns franchise

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Asproigerosis posted:

This was always going to be the way it ended.

If Kaep/Reid didn't take whatever their settlement is, the NFL would have eventually won, by completely bankrupting those two. Due to the wonderful way our justice system works.

The NFL has enough money to keep this case going indefinitely, Kaep and Reid definitely did not.

It's not selling out. This isn't some criminal case where someone was going to jail, this is essentially a wrongful termination suit, where the company ended up settling out of court so a judge didn't decide how much they had to pay.

Kaep's intent was never to shine some intensive and huge light and expose the NFL, all of that prognostication came from people who weren't him who were coming up with the possibilities if the NFL got caught colluding. He was just trying to get compensated for the fact that a collection of billionaires because of his "political" opinions colluded to keep him from getting a job. And he's (essentially) getting paid back for those lost wages.

People are jumping to wild conclusions in an attempt to slander Kaep for doing this. The guy who was very clearly the victim in this case. It's like blaming a rape victim for taking the generational wealth rather than deal with a trial, where if you lose not only do you get nothing, but you are likely also broke from lawyer fees.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

The NFL is not really racist so much as greedy fucks that want controversy to go away so they can continue to get richer even if it means sweeping huge problems under the rug. Whatever I am not going to be mad at someone taking a 50 million buck payday.

NFL ownership is super racist.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kaep could do more good with whatever amount of money he got from the NFL, than good would actually come from outing the owners as racists. Outside of Catharsis.

It's not like we don't already know what the game is, most sports teams owners are racist, man look at poo poo Mark Cuban has said, and he's in the "progressive" NBA, All them being outed as racists might make happen is they have to sell their team for literal billions and boo hoo....

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I hate racists. And racism. I'm. A good guy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kaep belongs in the HOF

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Barudak posted:

Kaep belongs in the HOF

Well that escalated quickly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Barudak posted:

Kaep belongs in the HOF

Kaep or Frank Gore first?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Frank Gore is going in as an Eagle, gently caress you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kaep or Frank Gore first?

Same time.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Dexo posted:

Kaep could do more good with whatever amount of money he got from the NFL, than good would actually come from outing the owners as racists. Outside of Catharsis.

It's not like we don't already know what the game is, most sports teams owners are racist, man look at poo poo Mark Cuban has said, and he's in the "progressive" NBA, All them being outed as racists might make happen is they have to sell their team for literal billions and boo hoo....

What has Cuban said?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Barudak posted:

Kaep belongs in the HOF

lmfao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean no player has dominated the NFL more thoroughly

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Kaep is a better qb than ben

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh I totally agree that this was absolutely the best case scenario for kaep and reid in our capitalist judicial system. I just like to imagine a dream world where kaep says NO! I will not take your money, unions are now mandatory, ceos to the guillotine, m4a!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Van Noy said he could tell quickly that the coaches in New England knew how to get the most out of him, which the coaches in Detroit didn’t.

“Then when I got there, it was like, they had a plan for me,” he said. “Then that plan got bigger with how I played. With that being said, I didn’t know that to begin with because I’d been in Detroit, where I was kind of told ‘We don’t know where to put you.’ And I’m like, ‘Why did you draft me?’ I had my own coach telling me ‘I don’t know where to put you.’”

lions.txt

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

Well, son we really don’t know what we want you to do... So just go out on that field and figure it out...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Van Noy has been talking an incredible amount of poo poo the past few weeks for a JAG who had one great playoff run.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He was there for the 28-3, he just didn't do much.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
The rule is: Never hire ex Patriots coaches.

But lmao Sean McVay was the WSH OC and woof!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He was there for the 28-3, he just didn't do much.

Oh he was along for the ride in 2016 and 2017. He’s had one good year. And that’s because Belichick finally realized he sucks in coverage and just had him rush the passer 95% of the time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gotta be honest, if I won a superbowl and was a middling player who got invited to talk a mad amount of poo poo, I would talk an incredible mad amount of poo poo.

I'd make Freddie Mitchell think I should tone it down.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Gotta be honest, if I won a superbowl and was a middling player who got invited to talk a mad amount of poo poo, I would talk an incredible mad amount of poo poo.

I'd make Freddie Mitchell think I should tone it down.

Oh I love how he’s been shaking his rear end in front of basically everyone who said one word this season about the Pats maybe being bad now. I’m pretty sure he’d literally beat up Felger and Mazz if he could get away with it.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
The Patriots were always going to win that SB.

The writing was on the loving wall...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

embarrassing

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

At most Kaeps legal fees would have been ... 2-3 million if there was a large trial. Nike was probably helping him out as well. Oh well we will never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

nerve posted:

Kaep is a better qb than ben

Gtfo you trolling rear end moron