Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Deified Data posted:

Something's bothering me about the rogue trader...one of those mecha-arms seems to just go nowhere and serve no purpose, almost like something was supposed to be glued there but wasn't.

Those aren't arms, that's the tail of the servo-skull behind their shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Knowing GW they'll probably be something weird like fast attack.

Hopefully they'll be able to be added to Fortis Kill Teams (I'm assuming Deathwatch will get access to them).

I feel like they'd duplicate Inceptors more than is normal for Primaris in one role. That said, a 5-man squad in Fast Attack would finally let a base-five Brigade become real, too, which is almost as good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I'm really curious about the troops with antennas on their power packs. It's cool that Primaris are getting another troop choice (hopefully Deathwatch get them as well), especially with how good things are getting with all of the beta rules.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dragonshirt posted:

Those aren't arms, that's the tail of the servo-skull behind their shoulders.

Ooooh okay, I see it now.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Knowing GW they'll probably be something weird like fast attack.

Hopefully they'll be able to be added to Fortis Kill Teams (I'm assuming Deathwatch will get access to them).

TBH I'm hoping for a separate vanguard kill team. A base model plus 3-4 elite options to bring in seems like a reasonable third troop choice.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

gently caress yes, plastic crusaders!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Deified Data posted:

Something's bothering me about the rogue trader...one of those mecha-arms seems to just go nowhere and serve no purpose, almost like something was supposed to be glued there but wasn't.

the head fell off, its on the ground there

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008

Strobe posted:

I feel like they'd duplicate Inceptors more than is normal for Primaris in one role. That said, a 5-man squad in Fast Attack would finally let a base-five Brigade become real, too, which is almost as good.

Yeah, differentiation from both Hellblasters and Inceptors will be tricky but autocannons are a nice bridge. My guess is Heavy Support with slightly pared down autocannons: 36" Heavy 2, S6, -1 AP, flat 3 damage, and there's a strategem that lets them ignore the penalty for moving when they arrive via Grav-Chute and lets them re-roll 1s to hit or something. It's also possible the damage value is lower and the shot count is higher - Heavy 3 S7 -1 D2, but that's really close to the Hellblaster stat line and trading -sv for +wounds is a no brainer in the current Ion Shield-rich environment. If they're saucy we'll get some variants that are like Rapid Fire 2 or Assault 3 in the eventual box but given how option-lite the Primaris are so far, it's probably just one profile.

Also the blue inking on that inquisition dude with the sword and board is so good, and the reloading servitor is brilliant.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The reloading Servitor reminds me of the butter bot from Rick & Morty.

"What is my purpose?"
"Reload this gun... Thank you."
"What is my purpose?"
"I told you. You reload guns."
"Oh... Omnissiah."
"Yeah, welcome to the universe pal."

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is it more correct to give Pask in a Punisher a LasCannon and Plasma Cannon sponsons so as to maximize his range and hit as much as hard as possible, or to give him heavy bolters and reliably murder more infantry?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Autocannon dude has inceptor booties in the video. :negative:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Eifert Posting posted:

Autocannon dude has inceptor booties in the video. :negative:

Presumably for a padded landing, which makes sense enough since they're a drop troop. Probably also helps with recoil compensation, come to think of it.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

nite_moogle posted:

Yeah, differentiation from both Hellblasters and Inceptors will be tricky but autocannons are a nice bridge. My guess is Heavy Support with slightly pared down autocannons: 36" Heavy 2, S6, -1 AP, flat 3 damage, and there's a strategem that lets them ignore the penalty for moving when they arrive via Grav-Chute and lets them re-roll 1s to hit or something. It's also possible the damage value is lower and the shot count is higher - Heavy 3 S7 -1 D2, but that's really close to the Hellblaster stat line and trading -sv for +wounds is a no brainer in the current Ion Shield-rich environment. If they're saucy we'll get some variants that are like Rapid Fire 2 or Assault 3 in the eventual box but given how option-lite the Primaris are so far, it's probably just one profile.

Other than reivers, the Primaris coming to my head (inceptors, aggressors, intercessors, hellblasters) all have multiple options for loadouts, as long as the whole squad takes the same option.

"These need to compete with helverins/storm cannons/butchers so they should be D3 or rapid fire D2" just makes all the meta more tilted, though. Sure, dealing with 28W ion shield sucks, but I'm not sure turning every squad into reapers/hive guard is the answer. Rapid fire D2 weapons just means they delete Primaris/whatever faster.

I don't realistically think that we'll see a profile that does more damage to TITANIC, but a hellblaster/bolt rifle "this is an autocannon with an additional -1 AP" fits the mold for Primaris, gives them a different battlefield role, still hurts light vehicles, dreads, and helverins more, etc. I'm optimistic for something like "Heavy 2/-3/D2, ignores cover and gets +1 to hit vs FLY", personally.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
I just bought a jug of concentrated Simple Green. Should I dilute it before using it to strip paint? (mix 6:1 with water)

kommisar
Jan 2, 2007

Lincoln posted:

I just bought a jug of concentrated Simple Green. Should I dilute it before using it to strip paint? (mix 6:1 with water)

nope use it full strength

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I think seeing the typical Primaris spread of things would get some interesting options. So far we have Bolt Rifles that improve AP and Plasma Imcinerators that improve S, that leave D.

Assault Autocannon: Assault 2, 30", S7, AP-2, D1
Primaris Autocannon: Rapid Fire 1, 36", S7, AP-2, D2
Heavy Autocannon: Heavy 2, 42", S7, AP-2, 3 damage.

The reality is probably a bit more traditional than that but at the right price I can see that being decent.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

Presumably for a padded landing, which makes sense enough since they're a drop troop. Probably also helps with recoil compensation, come to think of it.

They are a bitch to paint.

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008
Dealing with high wound counts may also be something addressed via Strategems. An "Armor Piercing Shells" strategem that adds a Mortal Wound any time the autocannon inflicts damage, or automatically makes a D3 damage a 3, does a lot of work on high damage targets without making the unit do that all the time.

Honestly I just want to get the models on the table - huge barrels like that are a hoot to paint burn effects on and always look rad as hell.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

Is it more correct to give Pask in a Punisher a LasCannon and Plasma Cannon sponsons so as to maximize his range and hit as much as hard as possible, or to give him heavy bolters and reliably murder more infantry?

It's generally how I like to load my Pask out. It makes him pretty multifunctional. 40 Punisher shots deals with a lot of infantry, and then you can Lascannon/Plasma some more high priority targets. Also, it gives him a chance against the things that can really damage him.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

I got into 40K years and years ago because I thought Rogue Traders were the coolest poo poo. Now, just two years after I actually got into painting miniatures, they release three of them and they are all just as cool as I imagined. I am wildly excited for this.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Is that primaris character the first female space marine ever? I thought they were all conically male?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

notaspy posted:

Is that primaris character the first female space marine ever? I thought they were all conically male?

I think that Marines used to be canonically all male, but GW hasn't really leaned on that for a while, and in power armor and a helmet they can be whatever you want?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

notaspy posted:

Primaris Psykers aren't Primaris Marines

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

notaspy posted:

GW is still weirdly insistent all Marines are male, despite female Stormcast being popular and well-received. Argument for another day. That is a "Primaris Psyker" which oddly has nothing to do with Primaris Marines - GW just forgot they used Primaris for something already and no one's really thought about it until now.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

notaspy posted:

This is surely a troll, but I'll bite.

Primaris psyker =/= primaris marine psyker

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

It turns out GW isn't the most original at naming things

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

No troll, just someone who is interested in the fluff.

Thanks for the info, surprised that GW made such a gently caress up.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

notaspy posted:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Imperial-Guard-Primaris-Psyker

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

notaspy posted:

Primaris psykers have been around for years as the Astra Militarum official psychic crew. It's not a gently caress-up; they just unfortunately have the same name connotation. Primaris Librarians are the space marine ones, since all Space marine psykers are called Librarians.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's easier if you just don't think about it too much.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Looking at that Rogue Trader, her peg leg was a rumor engine a little while ago wasn’t it? It was just flipped a quarter turn and everything thought was a Slaaneshi claw?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need all of these right now, please.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I need all of these right now, please.

Yeah why do release dates seem so hard to come by?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Looking at that Rogue Trader, her peg leg was a rumor engine a little while ago wasn’t it? It was just flipped a quarter turn and everything thought was a Slaaneshi claw?

It was in more or less the same position. Her hat’s feathers were also a rumor engine post.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Really keen to see the duncan video for the blue-tinted armor

hope it's not the not-duncan, that guy sucks

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I said I wouldn’t do it this year, and yet I grabbed a Supernova pass yet again.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Feels like the claw was the Possessed one they reteased now with the Daemon Rumor engine. But I could be wrong on that.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I appreciate how many call backs to old kits there are on this thing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

I said I wouldn’t do it this year, and yet I grabbed a Supernova pass yet again.

I had it in the loving cart but apparently they changed the rules so that having it in the cart doesn't prevent them from being sold out. Wish I had known that so I wouldn't waste my time picking out a bag and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

R0ckfish posted:

I appreciate how many call backs to old kits there are on this thing.

I appreciate you and your sick paint job Orkz