Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

Did anyone add Anthem to the bioware story cliche chart yet

Why isn't Sonic Chronicles on here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

:jerkbag:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You are a hero and you do heroic things, with your friends

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Anthem has a story?

Edit: also I looked at who made that and lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's no way a hero could have a thousand faces come on

bioware: hold m ydrink :twisted:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Lol I didn't realize this was made by the Ant Man. (Not to be confused with the non-far right shithead Marvel superhero)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
If Carmen Sandiego is returning stuff stolen from museums or corporations I'm going to be very disappointed

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

A few seconds ago I realized I have a powerful need for a 99-player Air Ride City Trial

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If Carmen Sandiego had a child with Where's Wally then the secrets of the world would be lost forever

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

If Carmen Sandiego had a child with Where's Wally then the secrets of the world would be lost forever

This concept has a surprising amount of fanart

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Everything or Nothing is an awesome game and so is Nightfire.

A lot of Bond games are real good, though there are s ome that are definitely bad and when they are bad, they are really bad. poo poo like 007 Racing.

Yes! I saw everything or nothing at goodwill the other day for Xbox. But I don’t have a way of playing it (switch and PS4 over here) and got sad, I’d play it again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anthem early reviews are trickling in but I'm taking them with as much face value as the Destiny ones. Maybe I'm just getting old but I can't fathom another one of these "repeat unfun mission 100 times to grind for mats to make a gun, repeat ad infinitum." The flying controls for Anthem should be given to a Platinum or Sega game though because flying and moving around is killer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Another chicken dinner in T99. I continue to grow in power

Also me having to slug it out for three minutes with the other person in Top 2:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hot take on Anthem: the writing is insanely bad!

Also the game flat out needed more time to make it actually loving work. I've lost count of the number of things I've seen break watching a stream of it. Player can't even get into team missions cause it keeps loading him into the wrong area.

I'm genuinely curious why EA pushed this out right next to Apex.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 16, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What is that track they play behind Anthem ads, it sounds like a cover of something I should know

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I watched a stream of Anthem tonight and uhh rip Bioware

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

People were assuming Apex was sent out to die but it turns out it was Anthem all along!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fantastic job releasing two games with very similar generic names like that two weeks apart EA!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I mean to be fair, EA was probably writing both off to die and just kill whoever performed the worst. Looks like it was Bioware this time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Hot take on Anthem: the writing is insanely bad!

Also the game flat out needed more time to make it actually loving work. I've lost count of the number of things I've seen break watching a stream of it. Player can't even get into team missions cause it keeps loading him into the wrong area.

I'm genuinely curious why EA pushed this out right next to Apex.
Last night I was looking forward to the death of Bioware because of Apex >> Anthem and you all thought I was crazy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Anthem early reviews are trickling in but I'm taking them with as much face value as the Destiny ones. Maybe I'm just getting old but I can't fathom another one of these "repeat unfun mission 100 times to grind for mats to make a gun, repeat ad infinitum." The flying controls for Anthem should be given to a Platinum or Sega game though because flying and moving around is killer.

Idk i hate the flying. The turning, overheat timer, and top speed suck and you cant even do anything cool like kick off walls or loop. Theres no sense of freedom stuck in those canyons either

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

who at Bioware thought "the thing people love about our games is the great... action... and combat"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Crabtree posted:

I mean to be fair, EA was probably writing both off to die and just kill whoever performed the worst. Looks like it was Bioware this time.

i'm just picturing that ape knife fight from the simpsons with one labeled bioware and one labeled respawn

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

who at Bioware thought "the thing people love about our games is the great... action... and combat"

Well people do say they liked the combat in Mass Effect 3.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chumbler posted:

either stockholm syndrome or sunk cost fallacy

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

this is a chill game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

finally, video games' bob dylan

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The 7th Guest posted:

Not the developers from Mass Effect 2 and 3 who are long gone, that's for sure.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sanzuo posted:

this is a chill game

going out and finding resources has felt kinda tedious without any mapping or waypoints

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I dunno y'all, Anthem looks pretty neat
https://twitter.com/FanbyteMedia/status/1096612916231471105

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Imagine thinking this while wholesale copying an existing product

Maybe they mean reference as in what game ended bioware when asked years later

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at how slow it is

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if they wanted a game that was iconic then why did they go the Destiny route of naming things such generic bullshit i.e. the Darkness, The Fallen,The Conclave, The Butthole, etc. I loving hate the console MMO trend now of just using the most plain-rear end names for your world. Warframe might be the one that eschews this but only because Warframe's lore and naming is lunatic-levels of sci-fi babble.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

mass effect 2. mass effect 3 was just a series of boss-like sequences that ignore the mechanical base of the game but can still kill you, and boss-like sequences where the enemy is invincible but can still kill you

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

going out and finding resources has felt kinda tedious without any mapping or waypoints

you make your own waypoints! with beacons and tethers

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are you thinking of mass effect 3's multiplayer chumbler because that was pretty fun. it was also extremely buggy and broken but pretty fun.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Sanzuo posted:

and once you get a certain tech, basic resources are no problem and the strategy for getting rare resources changes

also you can kinda use basic astronomy to find your location anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sanzuo posted:

overhead maps have spoiled me for positional tracking. i haven't researched beacons yet but good point there, worked well enough in subnautica

i can run more than one research center, right? dreadfully slow process, that