Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boogiepowerful this week, the second arc seems to be coming to a head and i'm getting into it

https://my.mixtape.moe/sabrpl.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1096606350459600896

Time for boob ribbons to rock Twitter's world again.

And all Re:Zero gets are stupid waifu bait OVAs.

Not that I'm surprised, but it's still annoying.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Re:Zero new seasons

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dogsicle posted:

boogiepowerful this week, the second arc seems to be coming to a head and i'm getting into it

https://my.mixtape.moe/sabrpl.webm

the best thing about boogiepop is when it just shows out of nowhere just to say a few lines to one of Touka's friends and just switches instantly back to Touka leaving the friends extremely confused.

aoi yuki does an excellent job making it sound extremely weird yet comforting at the same time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i loved that bit this week, the body language and VA shifts sooo drastically it really sells them as completely different entities, even though the conversation somehow manages to flow back to "normal" immediately after

similarly seeing jin go through his own shifts of when to bullshit suema and when not to, drat that dude sucks

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I liked DanMachi :(

I did end up liking Re:Zero by the end, but Id rather have another season of Konosuba first.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

And all Re:Zero gets are stupid waifu bait OVAs.

Not that I'm surprised, but it's still annoying.
Beat me to it. But at least these are building up for the Season 2 announcement, because ofc.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i didnt finish either danmachi season but my existence is made happier just by hestia being around

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/lunar_pilot/status/1096110883368042496

That's amazing. Bandori season 2 continues to be real good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

danmachi > re:zero
the former had the courage and power to devote an entire season to a gay elf and her cool gf, while re:zero hasn't animated the crusch and felix spinoff

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

the former had the courage and power to devote an entire season to a gay elf and her cool gf, while re:zero hasn't animated the crusch and felix spinoff
Read the entirety of Arc 4's translations then report back. You may change your mind.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

guess i have to watch sword oratorio now

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Read the entirety of Arc 4's translations then report back. You may change your mind.

no

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Boogiepop- The biggest problem I have with this episode is the same problem I had in the source material: it's hard to reconcile the Nagi that takes out like twenty people here with the same Nagi that jobbed to Saotome back in episode 3.
For some reason this arc has had the same pacing as the first one (roughly three episodes per book) but it doesn't feel like quite as much got chopped out. I remember a lot more scenes of Orihata mumbling to herself in her room in the novels; this was mostly to increase tension and pathos and being missing doesn't actively piss me off like the entire chapter that got removed from the first arc.

It might only be because no better adaptations of the content exist like with Boogiepop Doesn't Laugh, but the second arc of Boogiepop is good, guys.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vahtooch posted:

Just wanna say that even this late in the season I still think boogiepop might have the best op. It's just so drat good.

Domestic Kanojo's OP is the best banger (of the stuff I'm watching) this season IMO, although Boogiepop, Kaguya, Neverland and Kakegurui S2 are right behind it. For EDs, I dunno, Gotoubun's is very catchy but the full version hasn't been released yet. Kaguya, Kakegurui S2 and Slime cour 2's are also pretty decent.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm up for more Danmachi. Season 1 was fun and had some cool locations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower posted:

i didnt finish either danmachi season but my existence is made happier just by hestia being around

i never would have thought space would be this weak

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Furnaceface posted:

I liked DanMachi :(

I did end up liking Re:Zero by the end, but Id rather have another season of Konosuba first.

Konosuba needs to run forever

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
im never watching re:zero but another season would give us more of the catperson potentially while another season of konosuba would give us more boring garbage

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't talk about Aqua like that

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What was the last fantasy show that actually had an ending?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Grouchio posted:

What do you have against Houseki?

cissies on forums.somethingawful.com

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i was gonna say men but i want to be inclusive

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
houseki is great but all discussion of it inevitably ends up as one of those giant pig poop lakes that kill everyone who falls in.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Ibblebibble posted:

Domestic Kanojo's OP is the best banger (of the stuff I'm watching) this season IMO, although Boogiepop, Kaguya, Neverland and Kakegurui S2 are right behind it. For EDs, I dunno, Gotoubun's is very catchy but the full version hasn't been released yet. Kaguya, Kakegurui S2 and Slime cour 2's are also pretty decent.

I’d probably have to agree with Domestic Kanojo being the best, I’d also say that Dororo’s is pretty catchy as well.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

What was the last fantasy show that actually had an ending?

Grancrest Saga

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

houseki is great but all discussion of it inevitably ends up as one of those giant pig poop lakes that kill everyone who falls in.

the manga thread seems fine, if slight

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I don't remember it being that bad though?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah I remember the anime thread being fine.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the anime thread was a thread of people incapable of grasping the concept of gender in an anime about genderless rock people

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kotobuki slow dripping it's lore is good and it's also probably a good chance They aren't on earth

Also Kyrie has been a little poo poo from day one which is amazing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i did not read the houseki thread and im excited for season 2

sometimes the best move is not to post

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have not seen Houseki, but I appreciate these body horror rocks

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kotobuki slow dripping it's lore is good and it's also probably a good chance They aren't on earth

That was my default assumption from the start anyway, but Sab definitely comes from there.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 17, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Land of the Lustrous was art, a song with life-affirming lyrics given motion. But if the thread was as bad as Colonel implies, then thank Amaterasu I passed on it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one of the guys who made huge effortposts early in the houseki thread was also a massive transphobe

also the op used female pronouns in the op and disappeared when people started asking them to edit the op to use gender neutral ones

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad we finally got a more character-focused episode in Kotobuki. I've been enjoying that cast a lot and this was the first episode that really gave any of them time to breathe instead of having to spend like half an episode on a big rollicking dogfight.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

The Colonel posted:

one of the guys who made huge effortposts early in the houseki thread was also a massive transphobe

also the op used female pronouns in the op and disappeared when people started asking them to edit the op to use gender neutral ones

Also people were upset about the subs messing up gender-wise(which helped to fan the flames in the discussion). Crunchy seems to have updated them since, and what I have watched of the current season dub so far is gender neutral.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It would be weird for Crunchyroll to have done anything about the subs because Land of the Lustrous streams on Amazon and Hidive.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I can't recall if there were issues with the subs, though apparently the fan-TL on the manga is chronically and inconsistently weird about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think that with a good op and good moderation season 2 thread would be better