Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

:blastu::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::hist101::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie: :cop: :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

don't leak the next episode's plot without using spoiler tags, drat

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/hsHMuOK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/hRBOWXn.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/khZMcUe.gifv

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

moist turtleneck posted:

In the most recent episode Boston has a spear and he has it in the most dangerous configuration on his horse

Like if he falls or his horse attacks him like Rick he's gonna die

Which configuration was it:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
like maybe I'm wrong and this is the Right Way but I feel like I would follow the scissors facing down principle, especially after Rick

https://i.imgur.com/U4UH7cl.gifv

or maybe put a sheath on it while traveling or something

horses freak out and die if they see a bee so I would just err on the side of caution on one of those things

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Not that the Passage is necessarily good or anything, but I like that they’re taking the vampire apocalypse slowly and showing the whole start instead of having it start and then everyone was dead like Fear did.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

moist turtleneck posted:

poo poo sorry i gotta rush it tonight

https://i.imgur.com/6TK7UAq.gifv

You do better work than the guys making this show

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
still thinkin about how all you need is a mask to blend in with the zombies when zombies also will claw at a door forever

or is the initiation into whisper gang to poo poo your pants

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

moist turtleneck posted:

still thinkin about how all you need is a mask to blend in with the zombies when zombies also will claw at a door forever

The initiation ritual is making a mad dash against your foes in a cemetery just to get owned in two seconds.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
When The Good Cop act goes too far :ohdear:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Completely forgot about the show and tuned in for the last 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure its safe to ignore the show for awhile before they get this new plot rolling.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

or how it was all about smell when Rick and Glenn made their disguises but then ???

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Completely forgot about the show and tuned in for the last 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure its safe to ignore the show for awhile before they get this new plot rolling.

The new group purposely snuck out at night to do a thing and then came to the realization that it was dark out and difficult to do stuff because of it around the time the whisperers snuck up on them.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
So, one of the members of Magna's group legit tried to kill a zombie with a sling shot.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

escape artist posted:

So, one of the members of Magna's group legit tried to kill a zombie with a sling shot.

To be fair, you could kill these zombies with a sharp pencil.

Slingshots must be the new "Heh, I'm a mysterious badass" weapon. Next season there will be a guy with a giant key that is used for demolishing the undead.

Do you think after 20 years when bullets become scarce they begin turning guns into gunblades?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

when bullets become scarce

lol. only thing that's scarce is common sense and unattractive people in TWD universe

can't wait to watch yesterday's episode tonight, or maybe I'll save it till next weekend so I can :weed: so hard after this break that I don't remember two episodes

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
decent episode, good lord henry is terrible, preview for next episode looks like a change from the synopsis i read of the whisperers in the comics. good stuff with the lydia flashbacks. i'm watching this show unironically again now

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You think Carl would have eaten the worm?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

crazy cloud posted:

decent episode, good lord henry is terrible, preview for next episode looks like a change from the synopsis i read of the whisperers in the comics. good stuff with the lydia flashbacks. i'm watching this show unironically again now

Forgot the episode was last night but i looked up the preview for next week and yeah that seems like a considerable change.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

escape artist posted:

Er.. works perfectly ?
https://www.cocoscope.com/watch?v=4288
@ 0:45s

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah good slingshots are legit

gently caress we used to just whip rocks really fast at deer to kill them

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

crazy cloud posted:

Welcome to the club, good luck with this thread.

Crazy observation: I know the song they're singing because of Groucho Marx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zRe_wvJw8

Groucho Marx is kind of a horror icon due to Rob Zombie inserting his movie character names into House of 1000 Corpses (Captain Spaulding, the Firefly family etc).
And now we have a zombie (not Rob) show obliquely referencing Groucho.

Sunday morning philosophical observation: everything's connected.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I watched a clip on youtube of the zombo dudes walking outside the palisade walls and their chemotherapy leader doing the meet and greet. Lol at the music vs. what's actually happening on the screen.

It was like 8 seemingly unarmed guys in zombie suits on an open field. Are they supposed to be threatening? Is there context I'm missing here?

Anyone could just pick one of the infinite guns they have and mow them down in two seconds.

EDIT:

Where were these people hiding all this time? They've just sprung into existence out of nowhere and now there's another stupid war coming in.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I'm going to assume that the new group went wandering around the woods at night completely unaware they were being tracked by two separate groups simultaneously.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Gortarius posted:

It was like 8 seemingly unarmed guys in zombie suits on an open field. Are they supposed to be threatening? Is there context I'm missing here?

Anyone could just pick one of the infinite guns they have and mow them down in two seconds.

REVEAL OF BAD PEOPLE AND OMG THEYRE RIGHT HERE AND WANT THINGS

Don't think about things like "shoot the people who killed your own", that's the way to madness.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Khablam posted:

REVEAL OF BAD PEOPLE AND OMG THEYRE RIGHT HERE AND WANT THINGS

Don't think about things like "shoot the people who killed your own", that's the way to madness.

Wow. I don't think Michonne would appreciate your attitude after she wrote up a Constitution with laws etc. They didn't execute Negan, they're certainly not going to murder the hostage-takers before at least attempting to get their people back.

Also, on (at least) 2 separate occasions Rick's group thought they had wiped out the Saviours threat. All that accomplished was conflict escalation into all-out war.

Gortarius posted:

I watched a clip on youtube of the zombo dudes walking outside the palisade walls and their chemotherapy leader doing the meet and greet. Lol at the music vs. what's actually happening on the screen.

EDIT:

Where were these people hiding all this time? They've just sprung into existence out of nowhere and now there's another stupid war coming in.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 18, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The man with the slingshot is way more fun to watch than AMC’s The Walking Dead

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Quite liked the episode. The new crazy lady talks funny, but not Trash People funny so that's a good start.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There is no reason not to shoot these dipshit zombie people immediately

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They even identified their general immediately

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

There is no reason not to shoot these dipshit zombie people immediately
Then they go out, pull off the masks and Luke and Alden are among the dead bodies.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Then they go out, pull off the masks and Luke and Alden are among the dead bodies.

:shrug:

Worth it to kill their leader

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Then another group of Whisperers goes to Plan B and unleashes the huge horde they were keeping at bay and wipes out Hilltop.

Great plan. Has the Saviors war really taught you nothing?

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 19, 2019

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

the whisperers are completely inept without Alpha iirc?

I'll humour you though, kill everyone but their leader, take her hostage, there ya go

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I mean it should be easy to pick out music teacher if he was in the crowd

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/f4XNnYe.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/F13tRlR.gifv

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Henry so dumb.

It seems only a few weeks ago, Henry and Carol were riding along in a horse-drawn cart, all happy until Henry heard a young woman's voice in the distance, calling for help.
He took off to find her, only to end up ambushed.
Carol had to come in and pull off one of her impossible rescue missions.
Now there's another woman he doesn't know seemingly in distress and he's falling for it again.

HENRY LEARNED NOTHING!

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 19, 2019

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

Who?

I actually didn't mind that episode.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Was it deaf girl that went into the corn? She's gonna bungle this trade somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I did not like when she sucked the dirt off an earthworm.

Did not like that scene at all.