Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I thought the usual consensus was that Diavolo can't touch things during the actual time skip but anything he intends to do himself before activating the ability still happens because it's fated to occur if he sees it in Epitaph. Like he decides something like "I'm going to impale this person on some spikes", it appears in Epitaph and then he skips ahead, not physically having to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dbJHppgrHc&t=185s

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
think we'll see king crimson next week or will it end on bruno unzipping his face to retrieve a phone and shouting YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL

im just dying to know what wild sounds and visuals they give it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I could see that if they don't move Bruno's flashback.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah, im hoping they'll end the episode with this and then have bruno's flashback at the start of the next episode

this is an extremely good chapter ending

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nina posted:

I thought the usual consensus was that Diavolo can't touch things during the actual time skip but anything he intends to do himself before activating the ability still happens because it's fated to occur if he sees it in Epitaph. Like he decides something like "I'm going to impale this person on some spikes", it appears in Epitaph and then he skips ahead, not physically having to do anything.

This is honestly the most nonsensical and confusing interpretation of King Crimson I have read yet, aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u0NRgMyzEM

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I bet that KC will be a lot easier to understand in animation.

My actual, real question about KC is if people outside of his range experience KC. Does time just keep moving like normal? If they were watching the Gangstars from far enough away during the KC fight would they see everyone moving around like normal or would it skip? If it skips would the watcher experience the skip or would the gangstars just suddenly appear in different places?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm pretty sure any Stand with the ability to control time just has infinite range. Which just makes it weird that no one seems to have noticed these time skips earlier, but whatever.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that actually totally gets answered. when bruno and diavolo are fighting in the clock tower, the boys outside are subjected to the time skips and recognize something's happening

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I totally forgot that this literally happens:

https://youtu.be/YR8-K7ocZbo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

that actually totally gets answered. when bruno and diavolo are fighting in the clock tower, the boys outside are subjected to the time skips and recognize something's happening

Oh, wow, yeah I totally forgot about that. Thanks. I'm gonna have to go throw the KC chapters again, when I first read em the good translation was only up to White Album and man is that old translation bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
King Crimson is the ability to give the universe a collective absence seizure

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah, im hoping they'll end the episode with this and then have bruno's flashback at the start of the next episode

this is an extremely good chapter ending

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Ok yeah, I really hope the episode ends on this, so it can immediately be followed by KC singing about being horny.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah basically.

Then how did he kill Narancia?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It affects causality. He removes the cause (moving Narancia) but keeps the effect (Narancia is impaled and dies).

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Stupid sexy stand

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
poo poo, y'all have hyped me up for King Crimson pretty darn well. We'll finally* get to see Giorno do the ladybug button into animal thing too.

*I forget if this is the actual first instance of that.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This might be the only panel in the entire story where King Crimson doesn't look like he's about to rage quit life

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

overmind2000 posted:

This might be the only panel in the entire story where King Crimson doesn't look like he's about to rage quit life

I dunno his face still looks pretty psychotic.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Llab posted:

poo poo, y'all have hyped me up for King Crimson pretty darn well. We'll finally* get to see Giorno do the ladybug button into animal thing too.

*I forget if this is the actual first instance of that.

He turned one into an eye in the baby face fight, if an eye counts.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
remember when giorno made his brooch into a ladybug for bruno but he also put cells from the turtle into it so it could turn into the turtle while giorno is far away and it sucks in diavolo even though it doesnt have the key and is a different turtle.

what the gently caress

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

King Crimson is the ability to give the universe a collective absence seizure

I was thinking about this the other day, actually. Since activating King Crimson causes everyone to dissociate, if the range is unlimited, then shouldn't it be causing millions of car crashes the world over every time the "time skip" ends and people snap back all disoriented?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

It affects causality. He removes the cause (moving Narancia) but keeps the effect (Narancia is impaled and dies).

But then why can't he just punch people though the chest in erased time and then they die from inexplicable chest wounds? I thought the limit on King Crimson was it couldn't directly affect the world during its time skips.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I always assumed the effect was more localized, although just how localized is unclear.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

King Superman posted:

I was thinking about this the other day, actually. Since activating King Crimson causes everyone to dissociate, if the range is unlimited, then shouldn't it be causing millions of car crashes the world over every time the "time skip" ends and people snap back all disoriented?

No, everyone's pretty much on autopilot for the skipped time, like in those pages posted earlier where Narancia ate stuff without remembering he did it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
With Narancia I assumed he just tossed him while no one was looking then skipped time, so Narancia would be impaled and bleed out without anyone seeing him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I assume King Crimson has a large range for a stand but not the entire world. Otherwise everyone would have already experienced his stand whenever he used it before. It's not like The World where the entire world has to stop or otherwise it would make no sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

I assume King Crimson has a large range for a stand but not the entire world. Otherwise everyone would have already experienced his stand whenever he used it before. It's not like The World where the entire world has to stop or otherwise it would make no sense.

Yeah I assume the range is pretty big, but not the whole world. I forget did the gang notice being affected by it during the Risotto fight. Cause if not, it's range appears to less then Areosmith.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Xad posted:

No, everyone's pretty much on autopilot for the skipped time, like in those pages posted earlier where Narancia ate stuff without remembering he did it.

Right, it's not a problem during the skipped time, but there's always momentary confusion after the skip, like how Abbacchio doesn't realize he got out of the boat. I assume that sort of disorientation would be disastrous for anyone operating a car or a plane or the like. "Oh, when did I get in the middle of this intersection oh gently caress-"

MonsterEnvy posted:

I forget did the gang notice being affected by it during the Risotto fight. Cause if not, it's range appears to less then Areosmith.

I don't think time was actually skipping during the Risotto fight. If I remember correctly, it's mostly just Doppio using Epitaph to dodge.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

King Superman posted:

As we can see with Fugo and stuff, if they're not thinking about it, they'll just continue on like they were. It doesn't seem like people even pay it any mind or notice it unless they're specifically looking for it to happen, knowing it'll happen.

So an absence seizure, the kind where you just quickly black out and are back in so fast you aren't sure you ever blacked out and you still managed to do whatever you were trying to do.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

remember when giorno made his brooch into a ladybug for bruno but he also put cells from the turtle into it so it could turn into the turtle while giorno is far away and it sucks in diavolo even though it doesnt have the key and is a different turtle.

what the gently caress

Giornos power is to do literally anything. It's complete bullshit and I'm glad it was toned down in steel ball run

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The most important thing about KC's ability imo is that in the event it isn't fully fleshed out next week, nobody in this thread "helpfully explains" or "subtly hints" it to the anime thread ahead of time.

Terror Sweat posted:

Giornos power is to do literally anything. It's complete bullshit and I'm glad it was toned down in steel ball run

Uh, what? Do you mean that stands in general were toned down or....?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nephthys posted:

The most important thing about KC's ability imo is that in the event it isn't fully fleshed out next week, nobody in this thread "helpfully explains" or "subtly hints" it to the anime thread ahead of time.

Let's not kid ourselves, everyone's just going to say the meme

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Nephthys posted:

i wish i had the ability to report people because i'd absolutely be on the lookout for people saying stupid poo poo

King Superman posted:

I don't think time was actually skipping during the Risotto fight. If I remember correctly, it's mostly just Doppio using Epitaph to dodge.

yeah, it's part of why he gets so hosed up, too, because diavolo doesn't want to expose himself unless absolutely necessary so in the meanwhile it's just doppio drawing things out to get into a good spot for the actual killshot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nephthys posted:

I already did that, nobody noticed though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The joke is that I did not, in fact, do that, and that King Crimson skipped my posting, as he should.