Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

MonsterEnvy posted:

You saw the glow around Mista right after he got hit. GE is fast lets not forget we can assume it hit the bullet.

Yeah, you can even hear the noise GE makes when it transforms stuff when the wound disappears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Shedding delicate teardrops after that climax / ED

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

the bullet was already in mista's head by that point

they were mistas bullets so GE already touched them when he handed mista his dropped bullets back in the car

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

yeah actually they will posted:

they were mistas bullets so GE already touched them when he handed mista his dropped bullets back in the car

he already shot those bullets and reloaded several times since then

im gonna go with the ethereal backhand through Mista's head cause that's just rad.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Mimesweeper posted:

he already shot those bullets and reloaded several times since then

im gonna go with the ethereal backhand through Mista's head cause that's just rad.

between episodes giorno spent some time touching all of mista's bullets one by one just in case

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When he transforms stuff there's no conservation of matter right? Could he turn a penny into an elephant?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
gold experience has already touched that doorknob.....

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The transformed items are generally roughly the same size, and if not they're pretty much always smaller, like when Narancia's shoe turned into a fly.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
what you dont know is that fly was incredibly dense

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

somepartsareme posted:

what you dont know is that fly was incredibly dense

much like Narancia.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Though at the same time, snakebrick was just a whole-rear end brick with the front and back of a snake stapled to it, so mass was definitely added there.

Giorno's power is such horseshit, you guys.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Arist posted:

The transformed items are generally roughly the same size, and if not they're pretty much always smaller, like when Narancia's shoe turned into a fly.

I asked because if the bullet went into his brain it would damage more brain than the volume of the bullet.

Also, if he can replace part his brain that has been completely destroyed then that must mean he can replicate the structure in his brain down to the connections, so if he can do it for part of his brain there's no reason he can't do it for a full brain, so he could make clones of people if he was smart and become multiple man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If Giorno made a second Mista would he also have a Stand? Would it be Sex Pistols or something else?

also would they all be boyfriends

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

Though at the same time, snakebrick was just a whole-rear end brick with the front and back of a snake stapled to it, so mass was definitely added there.

Giorno's power is such horseshit, you guys.

You don't know if he hollowed out the inside of the brick to make the snake mass.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't know about you guys, but the most unbelievable JoJo thing for me this week was the revelation that Mista doesn't even have a Stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i might honestly say the thing mista benefits from the most by having sex pistols is that he can see what he's fighting. getting to redirect his shots just speeds up the inevitable

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I deeply enjoyed Mista's strategy of being shot repeatedly with his own bullets.

If you wanted to science-facts it, the bullets probably lost a lot of [Energy] bouncing around so while they still sucked they were less devastating.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/ZebitasMartinex/status/1094742078729396224

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

God this works so well, I want more Ghiaccio rants.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
IM GONNA TAKE A DIARRHEA DUMP ON THIS STAND

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

God this works so well, I want more Ghiaccio rants.

GW takes place in 2001, so it's not even out of date for the rant.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

The Angry Assassination Squad Nerd.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

GW takes place in 2001, so it's not even out of date for the rant.

They actually cut out 02 and 03 from the rant so whoever did this edit did their research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4cs6O5j32U

Dude is literally Ghiaccio lol.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
this conversation is really weird to me because it seemed obvious to me that Mista lost consciousness and his Stand (including the gun and the bullets) disappeared

like he's awake and talking groggily a few minutes later but like, his Stand literally tells him that he's going to fall unconscious and they're going to disappear when he does

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

this conversation is really weird to me because it seemed obvious to me that Mista lost consciousness and his Stand (including the gun and the bullets) disappeared

i think its just a regular gun and bullets and his stand is only the little bullet gremlins that help him do crazy trick shots.

otherwise why would you have the whole scene with Giogio rather painfully healing him by turning all the bullets into flesh and blood while Narancia stumbles across them and wonders why it sounds like they're freakin'.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i dont see your point

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mimesweeper posted:

i think its just a regular gun and bullets and his stand is only the little bullet gremlins that help him do crazy trick shots.

Yeah, his Stand isn't Emperor. The gun is a completely normal gun with completely normal bullets (beyond being purple but being a gangster means you gotta have some style). Sex Pistols is just the tiny bullet men, the rest is completely normal.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
yeah you're right, i went back and rewatched it and

1) the gun is still in Mista's hand after he passes out
2) there's a flash of gold light and a sound effect which i'm pretty sure is always associated with Giorno's ability (plus he's right there lowering Mista to the ground at that point)

kind of a shame because "haha, i'm going to win because you're going to lose consciousness" *survives the fight by losing consciousness* would have been hilarious, but oh well

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's just a purple gun, gotta accessorize

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the gun is mista's sex pistol, but the bullet buddies are his Sex Pistols

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Maybe Mista is just that tough that he can take 20 bullets to the head and body and stay standing.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Maybe Mista is just that tough that he can take 20 bullets to the head and body and stay standing.

he's a simple guy, he doesn't think too much about stuff like organs or bleeding out.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

can someone with a phd please explain to me how bites the dust works because no matter how many times i view it it's still bullshit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes, here is my thesis: time go bacc

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

IDONTPOST posted:

can someone with a phd please explain to me how bites the dust works because no matter how many times i view it it's still bullshit

Plant Bites the Dust on a person, if that person tells anyone about Kira's identity, Bites the Dust will destroy that person and go back in time to before that person discovered Kira's identity. When the time gets to the point that the person died in the original timeline, they die in the new one. It can also use just the time travel if Kira is particularly stressed about his identity being discovered or something.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also he can’t use Bites the Dust and the stand’s main functions at the same time. If he wants to use Killer Queen normally, he has to cancel BtD, which prevents anyone from exploding from the effects of BtD.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ok so the real reason that Mista was fine is because he was hit by exactly 21 bullets. And 21 is non-divisible by 4! That's why Mista was fine. Had it been 20 bullets he'd be a goner, but that last bullet essentially saved his life.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, Mista's hat must be really uncomfortable with like upwards of 30 bullets stashed in there at all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can't divide 19 by 4 either though. Or 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17, and 18.