Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

frodnonnag posted:

That is one fat loving tiger.

A diet consisting only of high people wandering into your home will do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

frodnonnag posted:

That is one fat loving tiger.

He was kept in small portable cage in a garage. Not exactly the best conditions for getting swole.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

He was kept in small portable cage in a garage. Not exactly the best conditions for getting swole.

It may be overweight but animals are amazing at staying strong with nothing but pacing for exercise. Can sit at the zoo for twenty years and then one day decide to test the limits of the concrete wall like whoa. Just about made it there sher khan :ohdear:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
NY woman resorts to baseball bat after patty not available

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

You know, at least the tattoo was honest. That's refreshing

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Florida man says someone is eating his brains, steals truck, tears up golf course

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kids YouTube Star Blippi “Regrets” The Viral Video In Which He Poops All Over His Friend

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

lmao

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gambia recently got rid of their dictator. He fled the country, but that doesnt mean their newspapers aren't gleefully keeping tabs on him.

GAMBIA: BREAKING NEWS: EXILED GAMBIAN DICTATOR SUFFERS “FOOD POISONING” IN EQUATORIAL GUINEA; MOROCCAN WIFE AND HIS KIDS HAVE LEFT HIM!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Everyone else is a sex pest or pedophile or something so this is positively benign

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phlegmish posted:

Everyone else is a sex pest or pedophile or something so this is positively benign
The most surprising parts of "Children's entertainer filmed making GBS threads on a consenting adult for non-sexual reasons" are "consenting", "adult", and "non-sexual".

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1096221209010683904

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I cannot agree with their assertion of 'quiet club rooms'.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

The Lone Badger posted:

I cannot agree with their assertion of 'quiet club rooms'.

Have you been to this place, if so you're either the Oldest Goon or you've got a time traveling DeLorean

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
A culew's call can be disorienting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwcryVhSOXI

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Slippery posted:

Have you been to this place, if so you're either the Oldest Goon or you've got a time traveling DeLorean

Presumably if they have 1000 cats they have no quiet rooms.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

So there’s a factory there making fetish wear and some of the product found its way onto the streets, am I right?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Platystemon posted:

So there’s a factory there making fetish wear and some of the product found its way onto the streets, am I right?

Lest we forget:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o93gTj9s5RQ

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBrRRcrZCA

He gave an interview.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Worth it for the "artist's rendition" of the now-removed video half-way down.

Platystemon posted:

Yes, by way of being purchased and put on by furries.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knormal posted:

Yes, by way of being purchased and put on by furries.

I missed the “tourists” part.

I would ask “Who visits Harbin?”, but that’s just been answered.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
I have some questions

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Headline of the year:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Facebook Aunt posted:

Headline of the year:

a lot of stuff in the news about this isn't mentioning that they sent it out not as an amber alert but as a top priority "nuclear missiles are coming; make peace with your family and kiss your rear end goodbye" level alert which is why people are a little annoyed about it

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

BattleMaster posted:

a lot of stuff in the news about this isn't mentioning that they sent it out not as an amber alert but as a top priority "nuclear missiles are coming; make peace with your family and kiss your rear end goodbye" level alert which is why people are a little annoyed about it

Your username is cool so forgive my comment, but I mean it probably felt that important to the little girl's mother

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BattleMaster posted:

Otoh a few hundred people called 911 to complain. Being grumpy is not an emergency.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
*rolls over in bed, look at phone*

".... nope, don't see the kidnappers in my bedroom."

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Slippery posted:

Your username is cool so forgive my comment, but I mean it probably felt that important to the little girl's mother

There's an amber alert system in place that they already regularly use though. They shouldn't use the disaster warning system for it. They're using some assholes calling 911 over it and "won't somebody please think of the children" as a cover for their fuckup

By the way, the system they sent out the message as is the Canadian-branded version of the American Presidential Alert system and as far as I've heard the Americans don't use that for amber alerts, and Trump has even been restrained enough to not just use it as a Twitter substitute

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 00:32 on Feb 17, 2019

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Slippery posted:

i'm sure it did, the problem is that I am not this child's mother and, in fact, had no idea who this child was or where it may have been, and the amount of help that I, and everyone else involved, could provide to the authorities would have been unchanged if the alert had come in through the normal amber alert channel instead of the top-level, holy poo poo, Tu-95s spotted over Ottawa, make peace with your loved ones channel that causes my phone to emit a nuclear air raid siren

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah that's why I'm even posting about it in here, because the weird part of the story is that they used the 2019 version of an air raid siren for it

edit: people using 911 as a complaint line is also pretty :psyduck: like i don't even know how to get into their heads to understand the thought process for that. Even calling the non-emergency police line for it would be weird

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 00:55 on Feb 17, 2019

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Gotta talk to the manager somehow I guess

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/religion/mormons-allow-missionaries-call-home-weekly-instead-twice-yearly-n972421

:morm:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Had to double-check that it wasn't The Babylon Bee.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

Yet no one in my family got it, and only a few of my friends got it.

So it's not a great system at all.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Brainbread posted:

Yet no one in my family got it, and only a few of my friends got it.

So it's not a great system at all.

So...you don’t know about the nuclear missiles, then?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

AlbieQuirky posted:

So...you don’t know about the nuclear missiles, then?

Shhhhh, there's only so much room in the Vault!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I remember there being problems within the Mormon community of tons of unmarried women because young men sent off to be missionaries kept loving off and never coming back.