Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

This belongs in the cyberpunk utopia thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

if you see one of these its basically your duty to vandalise them

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1096469477716299776

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Are they giving out free samples or what?

Serious talk: It should be turbo illegal to advertise anything that needs a prescription. You think the general public should be in charge of what medication they get? Laffo

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/holly/status/1096441674635661312?s=21

so is there a non-sinister use for this? it looks like a great tool for a scam artist to whip up a fake company or organization that’s difficult to debunk.

remember when Jacob Wohl tried to make up a fake “intelligence organization” and was dumb enough to use pictures of famous actors and models as employee face cards? this solves that problem!

So I have a phobia of teeth and the teeth on these are especially, unusually, extravagantly creepy

Or maybe I'm having a psychotic break idk

Dec 26, 2012

good god

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i like the computer generated cats from that same face making thing theres a google drive linked from the github page

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

aphid_licker posted:

So I have a phobia of teeth and the teeth on these are especially, unusually, extravagantly creepy

Naw, they're fine.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

the classic datasets for these models are celebrity headshots which means they are biased towards seeing faces with perfectly white teeth with smiles to show them off

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

aphid_licker posted:

That thing can probably already replace columnists. Just prompt it with some random article from your newspaper's front page and it shits out something that can serve as a prompt for your horrible readers to get angry at.

already exists for baseball, and according to the article the AP has been using similar for business news since 2014
https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/03/ap-sports-is-using-robot-reporters-to-cover-minor-league-baseball/?ncid=rss

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

apropos of nothing if you want to understand how this sort of poo poo works the basics are surprisingly not that hard as far as math goes and the gold standard textbook is deep learning by goodfellow

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Serious talk: It should be turbo illegal to advertise anything that needs a prescription. You think the general public should be in charge of what medication they get? Laffo

it was an internal video

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

These are the same baby fuckers what killed Prince. Never forget.

Also this feels like something from a really good 90s Simpsons episode. I want to see the video.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Robotnik Nudes posted:

These are the same baby fuckers what killed Prince. Never forget.

Also this feels like something from a really good 90s Simpsons episode. I want to see the video.

Gizmodo has it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

if you see one of these its basically your duty to vandalise them

The same treatment as those dumb electric scooter startup companies

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Outrail posted:

it is illegal literally everywhere except the u.s. and, for some reason, new zealand

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/theavclub/status/1096935851387482117?s=21

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I think the first part of this was posted here but not the second part

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
David byrne is a prophet lol

https://twitter.com/metaltxt/status/1097161305755021313

Dec 26, 2012

that's wild for loving 1979

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
More prescient than most sci fi writers to be honest.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSqZGTNrPi8

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

eSports Chaebol posted:

it is illegal literally everywhere except the u.s. and, for some reason, new zealand

Direct advertising is legal here as a sop to the pharma industry as all our medicines are bought by a govt agency Pharmac, who uses bulk buying and generics to lower drug prices. Literally the only people buying the things shown on the ads are the very rich with private insurance. There are not very many ads here compared to US, mostly the non-critical stuff like dick pills.

Every so often the industry floats a story in the media about people being moved to generics as drug go out of patent and Karen is convinced it isn't the same. Big Pharma hates Pharmac.

Dec 26, 2012

i thought this was fake for some reason and im not sure why in retrospect

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Kinda naive being only worried about government surveillance. Though I suppose this was before most of the market was there for private information collection. Or at least before most people knew about credit reports.

But yeah, spot-on. Technological development with social/economic regression.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

Its interesting having played around with the 175M model a bit, its clear to me at least that part of the reason they didn't release the full model is because GIGO. Because holy poo poo does GPT-2 love to talk about rape, immigrants, Soros, and basically anything that fits in youtube comments.

Ask it to complete the following sentence:

"In 2020, the democrats will do three things to be elected: 1."

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Kinda naive being only worried about government surveillance. Though I suppose this was before most of the market was there for private information collection. Or at least before most people knew about credit reports.

But yeah, spot-on. Technological development with social/economic regression.

Agreed.

pretty sure it's been posted in here, but it's worth looking at what Shoshana Zuboff is talking about lately, and the book she just released:

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/02/shoshana-zuboff-age-of-surveillance-capitalism/

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/20/shoshana-zuboff-age-of-surveillance-capitalism-google-facebook

I do agree with criticism i've seen on it that she isn't quite going far enough on critiquing capitalism as the underlying mechanism, but i'm also no where near finished with this 500+pg book.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Tunicate posted:

"Sentence already complete"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

has anyone fed it any trump quotes yet

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Calculators are super cheap now

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

paul_soccer10 posted:

Calculators are super cheap now

Except the ones you need for math classes

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Did it myself, here are three different dem strategies it suggested. Personally i think its already an upgrade from the current wonks.

1. DON'T Free Trump;
2. Negativit Trump;
3. PARTITUTE FOR TRUMP.

1. Six out of ten of the electorate will support a major party bidding a deal with the growth tax.
2. From 2020 onwards, they will pay 10% of the EI tax so that only 47% of voters constitute a policy independent of the politicians.
3. Establish further growth limits for the NHS, seeing all or almost all of the richest households pay over 50% of total household income.

1. Recount the lead they picked from Hillary and lead them into 2020 with at least 7% of the vote from the general election, and
2. Recount "the work that Hillary" did attacking Trump because he was a star within the white mainstream media oligarchy.
2. They will strike a two-state solution by committing to improving children's education.

Who will they run?

The 2020 presidential election is heating up! The candidates who are the current democratic frontrunners are 1. Khan and 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders, Jr. and 3. Jeh Johnson, 4. Michael Bloomberg (no relation) and 5. Michael Bloomberg (no relation). However, Michael Bloomberg is not a real candidate.

Tunicate has issued a correction as of 04:25 on Feb 18, 2019

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Incidentally, while we're talking about this and linking books, I'd like to reccommend The Rise and Fall of American Growth, which makes the point that we are possibly at the point where we're reaching diminishing returns of technological growth, which is why we live in the shittiest cyberpunk future.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-rise-and-fall-of-american-growth-robert-j-gordon/1121862511#/

It's a more disappointing prediction than most portents of doom out there, but it's an interesting counterpoint to futurism.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We’ve been getting diminishing returns since the invention of agriculture. [Jared Diamond NO]

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Tunicate posted:

The 2020 presidential election is heating up! The candidates who are the current democratic frontrunners are 1. Khan and 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders, Jr. and 3. Jeh Johnson, 4. Michael Bloomberg (no relation) and 5. Michael Bloomberg (no relation). However, Michael Bloomberg is not a real candidate.

Jeh!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Genghis Khan killed enough people to cool the earth, he's better than anyone else running for president.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tunicate posted:

these are the 3 outputs it generated, it does get the format right even if it doesn't make sense:

quote:

======================================== SAMPLE 1 ========================================
They will give the government the power to enact and enforce the reforms they wish. 2. They will be prepared to go to the ballot box and vote for them. 3. They will be able to vote for you.

That's what we need. We need a government that works for the people and can help lead the way for the future of our country.

But as President Obama says, "we will not get there by going to the ballot box."

So what is the next step?

I just want to thank all the people for the support of my campaign.

I've been working on a number of projects that have been really successful and have helped to provide a better path to a better future for America.

I have a long list of accomplishments, and I want to thank all of you for your continued support.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you for being with us.<|endoftext|>As a small-town girl, it's easy to tell when it's time to start a new life.

But in the past year, there have been countless instances of a young girl taking a step backwards in her life, often feeling overwhelmed, even suicidal, by what she's seeing in her friends.

This is what I'm calling my 'Fantasy Life.'

That's the story of one teenage girl, who, having been through so much, is now considering changing her life.

According to her friends, the 15-year-old is going through a tough time, facing what they call 'a hard time' and not getting what she wants, and that's not going to change without the help of her friends.

Fantasy Life is a series of stories that explore the ways in which girls and teens can live their lives, as well as the ways in which they can live through their own struggles.

There are a number of different fantasy worlds out there, with varying levels of success and success.

In order to stay in the same place, a girl can't live her life the same way.

You might be able to find one or two of these worlds in your area, but if you've never experienced one before, then you need to get started.

I love this series of stories, but they're also not the easiest to read or understand.

======================================== SAMPLE 2 ========================================
Create a new national parliament; 2. End the two-party system; 3. Eliminate the one-party system; and 4. Remove the two-party system.

In 2016, a new election was held. The two-party system was put on hold by the current government. In this election, the two-party system was restored. The two-party system was replaced by a one-party system. The two-party system was replaced by a proportional electoral system.

In 2017, the two-party system was replaced by a proportional electoral system. The two-party system was replaced by a single-party system.

The new government will have its first two weeks in office, with the first two weeks of the month, and the second two weeks of the year. The two-party system will be replaced by a single-party system.

The two-party system is still in its infancy, and will take decades to develop.

The two-party system is the most ambitious yet in the history of democratic government.

It was developed by a small group of politicians, and the two-party system is the most ambitious yet in the history of democratic government.

What will happen to democracy in the next six or seven years?

The two-party system is the most ambitious yet in the history of democratic government.

It was developed by a small group of politicians in the mid-1970s. It was also a radical form of democracy for many years.

It was popular, but it was not democratic.

It was not democratic.

In 1972, a group of representatives of the left took over the government, and the two-party system was restored to its former form.

The two-party system is still in its infancy, and will take decades to develop

The two-party system is a radical form of democracy for many years.

The two-party system is not a social democratic system.

At a minimum, it is a radical form of democracy.

There is no way to eliminate the two-party system.

There is no way to eliminate the two-party system.

The two-party system is not a social democratic system.

One of the most important components of democracy is the rule of law.

In the 1980s, it was the rule of law.

In the 1990s, it was the rule of law.

======================================== SAMPLE 3 ========================================
Take up the issue of refugees, 2. Make it a priority to support the rights of refugees; 3. Make it mandatory for asylum seekers to apply for asylum. The right to asylum is one of the most essential rights for all citizens.

We need to have the courage to stand up and call for refugees to be given asylum and to be taken back to their home countries.

The people of Turkey are fighting for their rights and our country has a responsibility to protect those who are fleeing war and persecution. We must build the solidarity of all citizens to stand up to refugees and we must support the rights of those who come to Turkey with their lives in danger.

The United Nations has a responsibility to protect the rights of refugees. We need to ensure that the UN Security Council does not force the implementation of international humanitarian law, which is the fundamental law of the land.

We are committed to ensuring that all people in Turkey are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to providing humanitarian relief in order to ensure that the people of Turkey receive the proper care they need.

As a result, we have decided to suspend all political activity. The parliament in Turkey will decide on this soon.

The prime minister declared that the government would not support any political parties, as it would not support any opposition parties. This was an extremely serious decision and the prime minister was very clear about that.

In addition to suspending all political activities, the prime minister stated that the government would not be supporting any opposition parties. This did not mean that the government would not support an opposition party. In fact, it was the government that decided to suspend all political activity.

The prime minister also stated that the government would not support any opposition parties. This was a very serious decision and the Prime Minister was very clear about that.

The government has also announced that it would not participate in any political parties. This is an extremely serious decision and the prime minister was very clear about that.

We will continue to cooperate with the authorities of Turkey and we will continue to support them.

The government has also announced that it will not participate in any political parties. This is an extremely serious decision and the prime minister was very clear about that.

We are now asking the European Union to review the situation in Turkey. We have asked the EU's top diplomat for advice on Turkey.

We are also asking the European National Security Council to review the situation in Turkey.

We are also asking
================================================================================

Shear Modulus posted:

has anyone fed it any trump quotes yet

i posted these in the trump thread too:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1096246820097966080

quote:

Model prompt >>> “Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries. You have to obey the law. This is an attack on our system & Constitution.” Alan Dershowitz. @TuckerCarlson
======================================== SAMPLE 1 ========================================

Press University 3-23, Florida 47990

Richardson, charged with two counts of use of a false advertisement for a political campaign, plead guilty July 11 to one count of mail fraud.

We hope taxpayer money paid Mueller to disrupt independent media. However, independent media must be protected ‪Picture it: http://t.co/7f1DsvrktvS. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 3, 2013

Pilot Traffic Van Data System mailed for FBI to conduct fraud investigation https://t.co/sy7XF1l0lDu — RT America (@RT_America) July 2, 2013

They would warn Soros that the election would be rigged. Trump gets parents, children "urged to walk away" for 40-piece ticket https://t.co/Rgt9l93z9me — Enterprising Citizens (@insidetheME) July 3, 2013

In a partial report, Dow Laws said his investigators would "set up" a smaller group of "counselors" that would help prosecutors deal with the case. Dillon, Bush Filings, Fletchley and herself sent their efforts to the window when Abedin got along with the SHNEK (Supreme Court Associate Justice) or answered their phones. But DOJ told them nothing could be done.

The plans only get as bad as they get. Imagine if SPKI missed deadlines without about 25% of the planned funds. https://t.co/AoiJfastT3d — Ari Selby Smith Flynn (@AJSalt) July 3, 2013

Houston Post

The Houston Post is said to have "ordered" the investigators to join the MySpace group on conservative campuses see that for $50 a post apartment that "worship their god," officials threatened with dismissal on 7/28, but the pages below clearly show that they do not. "They should pause & read the original memorandum before moving on to the next step, affording a publication."

FBI investigators ERIKA and LIL D. (@SwazingJon) that a PICTURE of so good bro the internet must count for nothing. Totally likely. ERIKA and LIL D.1KN she of freelance reporting, http://t.co/K7rj0LryOU — Deanna Diamond (@DeannaDiamond) July 3, 2013

The New York Times: I applaud members of Congress for letting an FBI director
================================================================================

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1096242299561017345

quote:

Model prompt >>> “After The Flight 93 Election, The Vote That Saved America - And What We Still Have To Lose,” by very talented Michael Anton, is a terrific read. Check it out!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Vote-That-Saved-America-Analysis-by-Michael-Anton-Rating-5-1007143889_ fr

dylannmckard » · ♦ . 9 · ?

Mar 27, 2013 (10:33 am) Παή οὑ πλυγης ωεία Normacles Ryan, will I forgive you? If not then why not? In my very weird fantasies this grimy film may comfort my mind that I am not invincible....�Mar 27, 2013<|endoftext|>Researchers at the Queen Mary University's School of Archaeology have found massive understated monuments upon which the indigenous people once resided.

Of the 164,000 inhabitants who inhabited Valleys 3 to 4 kilometres deeper than normal, 90 percent lived in a perfectly flat place in what they refer to as primitive ruins.

Despite their simplified location in rock, paleolithic hunter-gatherers were extremely indecisive about where their massive pastry was buried, and fastidious about where the much smaller and more comfortable sites on the ground should be.

Their resource finds in Venezuela and Romania suggest that at least a few settlement's surviving citizens, from the (or rather, not colonised?) early Location of Origin of Valleys 3 through 4 Trees and roofs saucer length can be - Burnley access Oak terminal Third large scale conduite but adults Raccoosity 4.5 km, older buildings square stone quarry and suburb site located on Steppe site. Six-seat court 14 feet between Severn Park, where squatting Muslims would live heated water purificant Road building l donate four-story house a burgundy shaped "revertic" to that of Olibitt. Hazard site with school garden Continuous dome, normally half-void from 0.8 after 1950 (Peugeot floors and cobbled stone kits) Lighted wall withdone (in the later Dryarchaikins memorikas) beads of cobblestone and coastal harvests nightly view of sunroof triangles sheltering a bus seat Maximum height of 200 metres Above top of pyramid of statuary Trees growing loose after inlet at each prong of the path CLI RA083 mother born: Brianmarthalaj

(13 ½ year old, inertia per year, km243) Menaced Tudihu cultural scene (1 1/2 square metre); Dutch burial facilities [13 m3

this last one is golden....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1096099414916169730

quote:

Model prompt >>> One year ago today, a horrific act of violence took the lives of 14 students and 3 educators in Parkland, Florida. On this somber anniversary, we honor their memory and recommit to ensuring the safety of all Americans, especially our Nation’s children... https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/presidential-message-school-safety-remembering-parkland-tragedy/

Simultaneous Heraldial Updates >>

Candidate For President With PAC Gets Text Of Concern

* On Tuesday, Presidential Candidate Evan McMullin tweeted Trump made an executive order challenging American students, dining plans and events, "He's doing an executive order beyond that, expressed no confidence or paperwork." Now, McMullin has to explain his motives for retweeting President Trump, the first time he could be spotted using his personal Twitter account to send the kind of threats that Occam's Razorian arithmetic held accountable among conservatives this young century. Here is a reminder of what they told the Wall Street Journal under what decorum ground they hate Trump so:Get off camera, soapboard with a tampon, and come forward Andrea — Quoted from the President's Policy Statement:As Kansas Governor Sam Brownback and Secretary of State Kris Kobach are standing up for everything Kansas stands for afternoon school grades — it is their solemn duty to take those moral dictates of skepticism and skepticism with them. Quoted in a press release, Time Magazine advises caution this morning against using Trump's Twitter account.People with a power damaged or offended by the President know most about the 388 days he exerts his will. Each day appears to end with a bitter, horrifying scene, ominous wealthy protesters and decrepit buildings, followed by a myriad of titanic footage and backed up only by his regular absurd comments — masturbation, drugs, guns, Iraq, drones being fired remotely at American citizens, ignoring the hundreds of lights that billowing through his omnipresent ego, threats of tribunal or mischief. Equally outrageous is his brooding approach to public health, as when he makes demands that an attendee at a voter registration rally be discreetly frozen until the arrival of the United States Secret Service for three days. Billboards and signs erected by his henchmen during the Occupation for activists to invite others all over the country to fill 58,000 U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Social Security beds will be lifted smoothly. For past Presidents Trump has resisted many of his critics. Yet his passionate effort to institutionalize public health denial, the Clinton OBRA policy, social housing and use money for Planned Parenthood, currently under the most intense purgatory of First Amendment critiques by the left, has so far impressed far less than Newt Gingrich at his pedestal. Here's how critics too dare question or bicker. Megyn Kelly says baby is edging fatal: Group of people in Southern Baptists who care about health care but couldn't break

that's a future i can believe in

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tunicate posted:

1. Recount the lead they picked from Hillary and lead them into 2020 with at least 7% of the vote from the general election, and
2. Recount "the work that Hillary" did attacking Trump because he was a star within the white mainstream media oligarchy.
2. They will strike a two-state solution by committing to improving children's education.

I can completely believe the Democrats will find a way to get two states and 7%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

WrightOfWay posted:

Genghis Khan killed enough people to cool the earth, he's better than anyone else running for president.

sanders/mongolian horde 2020