Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I would honestly go as far as to say that the show got so drat bad from like season 13-20-something that current episodes are actually more watchable than those. The new episodes are just kinda there... those episodes after season 12 or 13 are like, offensively bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

J-Spot posted:

It's been bad for a long time but not always for the same reasons. The Mike Scully years had a lot of problems with bad characterization, outrageous plots, and a tendency to go for cruder humor but at least they weren't boring. Plus the voice acting and animation direction hadn't taken a hit yet so those episodes just feel livelier than anything made today. Watch any random handful of episodes from the last year followed by Saddlesore Galactica and just try to tell me the latter didn't feel like a breath of fresh air.

that's actually a great episode with a lot of quotable lines

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Saddlesore Galactica is fine. It was just a little jarring at the time but it was far from the first time the show did something over-the-top cartoony.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah Saddlesore Galactica is fine. It was just a little jarring at the time but it was far from the first time the show did something over-the-top cartoony.

Nah, it's a bad episode and even Deep Space Homer, an extremely cartoony episode, was less cartoony than Saddlesore.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cookie Kwan posted:

I'm a massive simpsons fan, but I feel like I'm in the minority because I actually like up to season 20. The only season I didn't like is 17. None of the episodes really grabbed me. But there's some great late season episodes. 28 has the 24 rip off, 20 has the Wavery Hills episode, 16 has Future Drama, a serious rival for Lisa gets Married.

Why is it cool to hate on anything past season 10? "You're not a real fan unless your favourite season is 8. You also don't understand the complex....:viggo:

It's a loving cartoon, not war and peace.

lol the fact that you don’t even get the sarcastic best season correct is telling of how much of a dumbass you are

It’s 6 ya dumdum, get some taste

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cookie Kwan posted:

16 has Future Drama,

HEH.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I'll actually "agree" with the season 20 thing to the extent that, when I started going through my unwatched seasons recently, the 10-20 span was tolerable. No comparison to the golden age, but I could watch them and occasionally chuckle at something. After 20 is where it got truly dire, to the extent that I found it difficult to even keep watching.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
does the father still choke the poo poo out of his son in the new simpsons

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cookie Kwan posted:

I'm a massive simpsons fan, but I feel like I'm in the minority because I actually like up to season 20. The only season I didn't like is 17. None of the episodes really grabbed me. But there's some great late season episodes. 28 has the 24 rip off, 20 has the Wavery Hills episode, 16 has Future Drama, a serious rival for Lisa gets Married.

Why is it cool to hate on anything past season 10? "You're not a real fan unless your favourite season is 8. You also don't understand the complex....:viggo:

It's a loving cartoon, not war and peace.

Any more recommendations? I’ll check those out. I’ve only seen like 2-3 episodes that were made past season 12 so I’m open to more.

Surely there’s must be at least a seasons worth of decent episodes in the last 20 years, right?.:smith:

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Stay away from the west side!

Slightly Absurd posted:

Sorry to hear about your brain damage

Where did these reddit posters pop up from? gently caress off. Glad you feel comfort in being superior over the internet but...it's the internet. Retard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cookie Kwan posted:

Where did these reddoit posters pop up from? gently caress off. Glad you feel comfort in being superior over the internet but...it's the internet. Retard.

:ironicat:

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

:maga:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Cookie Kwan posted:

Where did these reddit posters pop up from? gently caress off. Glad you feel comfort in being superior over the internet but...it's the internet. Retard.

You're the one who Kramer'd in to this thread and acted like the dozens of other people here are retarded and not you. Go gently caress yourself

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Slightly Absurd posted:

You're the one who Kramer'd in to this thread and acted like the dozens of other people here are retarded and not you. Go gently caress yourself

Why, because I didn't participate in your post season 8 hate circle jerk?

Go gently caress yourself? Why? Because I share a different opinon to you on a children's TV show? gently caress off idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Cookie Kwan posted:

Go gently caress yourself? Why? Because I share a different opinon to you on a children's TV show? gently caress off idiot.

you named yourself after maybe the least funny character on tv

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cookie Kwan posted:

Sorry Al Jean, you suck at running the Simpsons

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Riptor posted:

you named yourself after maybe the least funny character on tv

And? So? Why are you upset by that

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Cookie Kwan posted:

And? So? Why are you upset by that

I'm delighted by it because you're a dumdum head

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

This is it. This is the lowest point.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Cookie Kwan posted:

Jesus. Point to me in this thread where i participated in a season 8 hate circle jerk. And you specifically told me to gently caress off, twice now. Smoothbrained baby. You're the one waltzing in here with a dumbass opinion.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm laughing more at this thread the last page or so than I've laughed at newer simpsons in years

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Slightly Absurd posted:

Jesus. Point to me in this thread where i participated in a season 8 hate circle jerk. And you specifically told me to gently caress off, twice now. Smoothbrained baby. You're the one waltzing in here with a dumbass opinion.

It's opinon that's different than this threads and I got dog pilled.

Sorry you're all so insecure that you can't comprehened that someone may have a different opinon to you.

3 time lucky, go gently caress yourself :)

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

We can all easily comprehend that 50% of the population is of lower than average intelligence. Sorry it seems you're on the shallow end of the IQ pool.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lol: I can't imagine how anyone could be butthurt that bad about post season 8 Simpsons being reviled by the internet, bit here we are

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Cookie Kwan posted:

I got dog pilled.

no comment on all the other posts but this misspelling made me think about what it would mean to be dog-pilled and how it fits in on the red-pill/black-pell continuum.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tree Goat posted:

no comment on all the other posts but this misspelling made me think about what it would mean to be dog-pilled and how it fits in on the red-pill/black-pell continuum.

Uhhhhhh...

Hate to tell you this, but Dog Pilled is the term used for all the incels out there in 4chandia that think horrible women are loving their Chad Dogs instead of dating lameass terminally online dudes.
:suicide:
:yikes:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

spaceblancmange posted:

This is it. This is the lowest point.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Stupid thread, be more funny!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

Stupid thread, be more funny!

"I got you, my Rumpy Doppelganger" always cracks me up

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Please be courteous to each other in my thread

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don’t even watch the show, but will temporarily close this thread to had out some completely random probations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wizard Master posted:

Please be courteous to each other in my thread

Welp looks like I got it done. Carry on.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I dunno about it being the lowest point, but I really hated the episode when Frank Grimes' son comes back for revenge.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I dunno about it being the lowest point, but I really hated the episode when Frank Grimes' son comes back for revenge.

Isn’t there an even worse sequel to that one?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Isn’t there an even worse sequel to that one?

No loving way.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The one where they bring back the ghost of Frank Grimes himself?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I know this is the lowest point thread but for me personally the highest point was when Flanders and his boys were in the back yard praying for their late pet rabbit and Homer's subterranean garbage pressure became too great and pushed the rabbit out of it's grave

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i think it's good to revisit the high points so you can relly appreciate the lows

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hrist posted:

The one where they bring back the ghost of Frank Grimes himself?
surely this one can’t be real. will report back.
edit: gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Dick Bastardly posted:

I know this is the lowest point thread but for me personally the highest point was when Flanders and his boys were in the back yard praying for their late pet rabbit and Homer's subterranean garbage pressure became too great and pushed the rabbit out of it's grave

Yep agreed