Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I haven't verified this personally but I recall at least one person saying there were adequate settings for colorblind/high-contrast people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Casu Marzu posted:

Just downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo and didn't see a high contrast/colorblind mode.

Does the full game have any sort of option that isn't relying mostly on really similar colors? The yellow/green looks exactly the same to me so I'm really sucking at it.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an option to change colors, or it may have been an unlock (you can buy various cosmetic things with in-game points.)

If different colored puyos are indeed an unlock, then lol at you (just kidding; the color/appearance-changing unlocks are very cheap, so you could probably get an appropriate one playing a handful of Tetris-only rounds.)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There are a lot of colorblind options in PPT. Some are more immediately available than others.

EDIT: There's an "Alphabet" style for 100 "credits", which you can earn trivially from playing Tetris.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 17, 2019

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Casu Marzu posted:

Just downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo and didn't see a high contrast/colorblind mode.

Does the full game have any sort of option that isn't relying mostly on really similar colors? The yellow/green looks exactly the same to me so I'm really sucking at it.

There's a shop in the menu where you can earn alternate skins for the puzzle pieces, among them there's an "alphabet" option for the puyos that turns them into letters, but I don't know exactly how useful it would be for someone with color blindness.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Anybody got that Tetris 99 explanation reddit link handy? https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/aqgmwk/how_to_win_at_tetris_99_battle_royale_mechanics/

This is really fun except for the occasional game where you just get targeted by like six people early and have a screen full of garbage before you know what's happening.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 17, 2019

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

My friends and i just did this and it seems to only work if you select the borrowed account. But it won't write over your saves unless the cloud saves allow it, we don't have nso.

This is correct. You have to use the account that purchased the game. Turning off cloud saves solves any of that stress yep.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
Thanks Bushisms and lethalgeek, I figured that's probably how it would go. Makes sense. She won't have too much a problem since there's no trophy stuff.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

There are a lot of colorblind options in PPT. Some are more immediately available than others.

EDIT: There's an "Alphabet" style for 100 "credits", which you can earn trivially from playing Tetris.

The alphabet skin looks like it might work for me, cool.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Rolo posted:

Cool! Hope this helps you because so far this is my first time getting it to work. Disclaimer, I’m not a computer guy. Also when I said you didn’t need an iPad specifically I just mean that I needed something that could look at the hotels network info after being able to successfully connect to it. All my mobile stuff is apple so that’s what this post uses. I’m sure you could fine the same info on an android or pc, I just don’t use them so shrug.

My specific problem this time was at a Hilton property. What the switch normally does in a perfect scenario is connect to the network, lag for like 5 minute on connecting to the internet then fail with a message saying “you need to register the device” before the browser comes up and loads the splash screen. This time it was connecting quickly to both like nothing was wrong, but failing every attempt at actually using it no matter how many times I reset the settings and tried again.

After some googling I figured out you can force the browser out when connected to specific apps and networks by playing with the DNS settings, the rest was trial and error.

-Connect a device to the network properly. Go into your network settings and look at the details for the network DNS. On iOS it’s settings, WiFi, the (i) next to the network, configure DNS. This showed a list of around 4 DNS values the network is using.

-Try to connect to the network on the switch and manually configure the network settings. Set DNS to manual and change the primary to one of these values, save and try connecting. The third one made it work as usual and after a couple minutes I got the registration page. After going through the prompts of registering with the hotel it will automatically try to reconnect and sit there (again) until you cancel it, go back into the settings and change the DNS back to automatic. This time you’ll be properly registered and it should work.

This might not solve it for all hotels, it’s still trial and error as I travel and see lovely networks around the country.

Thanks heaps for this - will give it a shot soon.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Fallom posted:

People keep posting about how much of a nightmare replacing the shells is but they literally never specify what the problem is supposed to be

Most of the aftermarket shell kits come with three big pieces, a front plate, a back plate, and a center piece. Throw that last one away. It's fiddly as hell, you never see it, and it makes the whole thing more fragile

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Casu Marzu posted:

There is. But you gotta unlock it. It's a huge oversight.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Annath posted:

I just bought an atomic purple aftermarket housing for my Switch and JoyCons.

How hosed am I if I attempt the swap? My experience consists of replacing my old Pokémon Ruby cartridge battery.

I'm pretty experienced with small electronics but even if I wasn't this was pretty low on the totem pole. Just pull up a tutorial on your tv so you can pause and follow along. I just swapped to a SSD in my Xbox One X and the joycon swap was only slightly worse. The ribbons can be scary but just have a decent pair of tweezers on you and a triwing screwdriver. I didn't find the springs to be that bad.

E: I used this tutorial
https://youtu.be/L3TeP1G5lO0

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Puyo Puyo Tetris:

quote:

Permanently unlock all characters, skins, voice packs, and music: Hold L and R. While still holding them, press Up, Down, Right, Left, X, B, Y, Y. If done correctly, a sound should play.

E: At the main menu

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

You're right, I'm not, because I don't play Smash. And now I never will now that I know that it's pay-to-win.

literally lol irl

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Finished up the Daemon X demo tonight and it was pretty fun. I luckily scavenged some decent tank-y armor from the third battle, which made the boss a little easier, but it still took a few tries.

One interesting thing was how drastically the lab upgrades change the physical appearance of your Outer. I wonder how much that is going to play into the plot.

I'm not sure if I'll pick it up on day one, but I'm seriously considering it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You're right, I'm not, because I don't play Smash. And now I never will now that I know that it's pay-to-win.

Source your quotes

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Holy moly

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's play-to-win.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

One interesting thing was how drastically the lab upgrades change the physical appearance of your Outer. I wonder how much that is going to play into the plot.
Was Human PLUS a big part of AC plot?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Holy gods, Okami is still an amazing game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Moose-Alini posted:

I never finished the original release, I should give that a shot for my travel this week.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moose-Alini posted:

Holy dogs, Okami is still an amazing game.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hail satan

tetris 666 when??

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SelenicMartian posted:

Was Human PLUS a big part of AC plot?

It's been a long time but I don't remember Human PLUS being a part of the various Armored Core universes' plotlines, but with the way DxM's Outer can be modified from Human to Robot piece-by-piece I have to imagine there's going to be something interesting going on in the final version with that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Moose-Alini posted:

It really is. Or rather it is an amazing game having never played it. I'm assuming it's based on Japanese mythology but how much of it is true to the mythos and how much is just sticking names on things?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That Mech game is really good but I don’t understand how reviving your dead mechs works.

Because outside mech combat kind of sucks.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It felt so bad to play I uninstalled the demo after a few minutes.

I also tried to Yoshi demo but it sent me into a diabetic coma so I installed that too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

I think the total of owning both games will never exceed $60. Buying one game will adjust the cost of the other game. I do not know the cost of each game separately.

I think:

Bayo 1 is $30
Bayo 2 is $50

Buying Bayo 1 makes Bayo 2 $30
Buying Bayo 2 makes Bayo 1 $10

It's a really weird system and they never did it again

Edit: 666 the number of the Bay

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

If you do not have Smash Bros already, the Ultimate Special Edition Bundle with Steelbook and Pro Controller is now $149AUD on Amazon AU and at JB Hi-Fi.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I bought Cpt. Toad because it was on sale. A complete impulse buy, which is not something I'm prone to doing. I feel kinda ambivalent as I've got plenty of things to play as it is, and because it wasn't on the top of my list.

But there's the new DLC. It's multiplayer, and it feels like its puzzleness will fill the hole left by Picross 3D as the very best chill game to play before bed.

Also got a pen to use for the touchscreen. This thing is going to change my life.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Pushmo gets a release on the Switch.
Straight up one of the best puzzle games on the 3DS

Just wanted to have a quick bitch that while I know Nintendo developed the Switch UI to be hyper responsive, and it's only a few hundred kB, blah, blah, blah, that I really wish they'd add in the option for multiple rows + folders.

It's getting really annoying 'forgetting' games in the back of the queue because I was playing a bunch of demos and now they're at the front of the queue

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Bring back the badge arcade

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I hope Pushmo gets a release on the Switch.
Straight up one of the best puzzle games on the 3DS

Just wanted to have a quick bitch that while I know Nintendo developed the Switch UI to be hyper responsive, and it's only a few hundred kB, blah, blah, blah, that I really wish they'd add in the option for multiple rows + folders.

It's getting really annoying 'forgetting' games in the back of the queue because I was playing a bunch of demos and now they're at the front of the queue

Yeah, this. I mostly buy physical, but I'd like an easy way to get to all my digital games. Also video apps.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Tetris 99 fills up so delightfully fast during the NA morning hours :allears:

Bulgakov fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 17, 2019

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hello page 666 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Really looking for Astral Chains: Jojo’s Bizarre Cop Adventure. Platinum Games has never met me down

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 17, 2019

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Mischief Makers remaster when

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I just got a secret leak from my uncle at nintendo while talking about the soon to be released hard R rating captain toad levels :eyepop:

and that’s just the tutorial :popeye:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Hello page 666 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Really looking for Astral Chains: Jojo’s Bizarre Cop Adventure. Platinum Games has never met me down

Platinum (And their logo of a Star) got their name from Star Platinum

Honestly everything about the game looks incredible and fully my type of game, except for the weird faces

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

why do you think that my friend

Mons Hubris posted:

Mischief Makers remaster when

this... this is a good question. a tough question, that gets to the bottom of, the issue at hand,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think:

Bayo 1 is $30
Bayo 2 is $50

Buying Bayo 1 makes Bayo 2 $30
Buying Bayo 2 makes Bayo 1 $10

It's a really weird system and they never did it again

Edit: 666 the number of the Bay

Bayo 1 is $30
Bayo 2 is $50
Bayo 1+2 is $60, regardless of the order you buy them in.

It's basically just a bundle discount, don't overthink it.