Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/QuiteShallow/status/1096793574505615360

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd expect to see that sort of repetitive grind nonsense in Vanilla WoW era MMO's.

Lookin forward to pickin Anthem up in 6 months for free via Humble Bundle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4000 Coin

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Silent Hill 2 is the best Tarkovsky adaption.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Infinitum posted:

I'd expect to see that sort of repetitive grind nonsense in Vanilla WoW era MMO's.

Lookin forward to pickin Anthem up in 6 months for free via Humble Bundle

I really got the itch to buy in yesterday and I'm glad I resisted

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Real hurthling! posted:

Why is there no :getout: of here stalker smily?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is silent hill 1 worth playing or should I just skip to 2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Action League Now?

No, it was specifically a web cartoon, drawn, with everyone being small and they'd shrink down to that size.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hm cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah it's cool

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Epic Ember

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

I still prefer the first game because it’s far more focused on scares.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Steve Yun posted:

it is very cool

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oh hey breath of fire 2

Steve Yun posted:

the first 3 games are all still classics

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i played the daemon x machina demo and dearly hope to be very good friends with GUNS EMPRESS

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Watched The Little Prince earlier on netflix, it's pretty good, sad tho, but good

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

victrix posted:

I dimly recall reading some really weird news about the Stalker devs some years ago, but I can't remember what it was exactly

I guess there's Metro Exodus if I want to scratch that itch

It's not really that alike sadly.

Not really digging Metro.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Apex isn't for me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Apex isn't for me.

Same. I just can't get anywhere with it, I like the idea but I'm just not good enough at it/I'm too remote and my ping's too bad to keep playing.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

It's The Suffering. It's a real good game and it's been on GOG for some time now. Skip the sequel though, it sucks.

The sequel is worth it to see how it would detect your save file from the first and alter the intro and story dialogue accordingly, it would even take into account if you happened to switch morality paths between both games and change the dialogue a bit to reflect that. I don't think I ever saw another game attempt anything like that again other than maybe Mass Effect.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

Apex isn't for me.

Thirded. Too many of us are just not Battle Royale types.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Silent Hill 1 is still my favorite. The first Suffering rips. Shame about the sequel. I wish that franchise would come back.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nintendo should bring back nes remix for switch but do SNES or N64 remix

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Barudak posted:

Where is my "Hard to be a God" video game adaptation janky eastern european studios???
It was made in 2007. It's on Steam.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The giant armoured grey aliens in EDF 5 can get tae gently caress

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Sakurazuka posted:

The giant armoured grey aliens in EDF 5 can get tae gently caress

They're the anti-fun. My only real gripe with EDF 5 is that some of these enemies are shitters.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jesus god

Anthem bums me out. The combat is tons of fun and so are the classes, character building, and combo system stuff. Everything else feels like it was purpose built to suck the joy out of the parts of the game that are good.

It sucks because it's clear the devs give a poo poo and are trying to fix it. They made huge improvements from the demo version and are really transparent and communicative. That's really nice and I hope they can so well. It's just... there's so loving much to fix. It's just a fundamentally broken game on every level above the moment-to-moment combat and traversal, and not just because of bugs, but just the whole structure is a mess.

There's so much potential but it's buried so deep under the bullshit I don't think it'll see the light of day.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

A Sometimes Food posted:

Same. I just can't get anywhere with it, I like the idea but I'm just not good enough at it/I'm too remote and my ping's too bad to keep playing.

Same, but the game is too floaty and thr guns feel bad.

Taintrunner posted:

Thirded. Too many of us are just not Battle Royale types.

I like Fortnite and Blackout which frustrates me sbout this new flsvor of the month.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Harrow posted:

Jesus god

Anthem bums me out. The combat is tons of fun and so are the classes, character building, and combo system stuff. Everything else feels like it was purpose built to suck the joy out of the parts of the game that are good.

It sucks because it's clear the devs give a poo poo and are trying to fix it. They made huge improvements from the demo version and are really transparent and communicative. That's really nice and I hope they can so well. It's just... there's so loving much to fix. It's just a fundamentally broken game on every level above the moment-to-moment combat and traversal, and not just because of bugs, but just the whole structure is a mess.

There's so much potential but it's buried so deep under the bullshit I don't think it'll see the light of day.

Was watching the Giant Bomb Initial Impressions video and 'constant sighing' is probably the best way to describe it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAySJPo9LsI

Maybe it'll be one of those games that comes good after a patch or two, but gently caress I really hate this culture of 'we promised on this day, thus we must deliver exactly on this day'

The ballsy as poo poo decision of Nintendo to come straight out and say "Metroid Prime 4 development wasn't good well, so we started over" is a breath of fresh air.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is my favorite Anthem video yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HNdfEA2x5U

Accurate!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Do in-game micro-transactions drop in cost when a game as a service isn't being updated anymore but the servers are still running?

Like you show up half a decade late to the party and there's nary another player around but at least there's plenty of stuff to get and everything pays out really well?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Do in-game micro-transactions drop in cost when a game as a service isn't being updated anymore but the servers are still running?

Like you show up half a decade late to the party and there's nary another player around but at least there's plenty of stuff to get and everything pays out really well?

Not often. If a game's in that state then the last few players are the ones dedicated enough to keep buying the premium poo poo.

Usually once they finally give up and shut down the servers they make everything free for a few weeks while the remaining players question whether the money they invested was worth it.

stev fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 17, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Usually once they finally give up and shut down the servers they make everything free for a few weeks while the remaining players question whether the money they invested was worth it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theres also not a mario golf on switch yet and thats f*cked up

what is camelot even doing right now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of, they're making Everybody's Golf VR for the PSVR and I'm pretty hype for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB20jIW9Rtc

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I wanted to be convinced to get this and play it and enjoy it but I knew, deep down in my gut, that this kind of bullshit was going to be prevalent.

I'll never understand how loot game devs don't just look at Diablo 3's history of development and realize how hosed their poo poo is.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 17, 2019

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
The Division is half murdering people the people on the radio tell you to murder, and the other half is getting stuck in walls, getting stuck between pillars, getting stuck in gates. I wish this game had a return-to-safehouse thing so I didn't have to keep logging out of uPlay. I love this dumbass game.

*I do love this dumbass game. That wasn't meant to be sarcastic.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I'm pretty hype for Div2.

Played the beta and the little I saw of it's massive massive world was rock solid and the gunplay felt beefy and real real good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of, they're making Everybody's Golf VR for the PSVR and I'm pretty hype for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB20jIW9Rtc

I played a similar VR golf game on Rift and it sucks because you get no real feedback on hitting the ball and it all feels out of sync.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah that's a valid concern.

Something like Beat Saber makes me feel a little more enthusiastic about the concept, as something small like a golf ball you're really just slicing 'through' it on your swing.