Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Everyone deserves second chances, but there needs to be a limit on how many chances they get because some people will just take, and take, and take, and take. My moms side of the family is entirely made up of people like that, with Mom being the sole exception cuz they booted her down here to Texas when she was a teenager. I wish I could say I was surprised that 14 Inch turned out to be a real piece of poo poo, but that doesn't diminish anyone's attempts to help him. You tried, when it would've been infinitely easier not to. It sucks mightily that this is how you were all rewarded for your generosity, but sometimes that's just what happens.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 09:31 on Feb 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I haven't commented on this because I don't know the guy in question, and as a sexual assault, um, survivor? Victim? Recipient? I find it hard to be impartial.

I don't think anyone should feel bad about helping someone who needed help, especially someone who's part of our weird little village. No one knew this was a possibility at the time. Feeling bad is understandable and unavoidable, but what he did is not a reflection on anyone who helped him.

Also, I hope he gets a bunch of infected splinters in his dick and they cause a bunch of pus-filled blisters and then he stands on a revolving platform and all the dick blisters pop and he spins as lacey streams of pus and blood splatter his body.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The McNally t-shirt prank was awesome because it was a double recursive joke. You get everyone once with the fake triple xl t-shirt and you get them again when you send the real t-shirts. Can you imagine how bad the goon telephone game is going to mangle retelling this story in a few years? lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Everyone deserves second chances, but there needs to be a limit on how many chances they get
like, it's right there in the name. two.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
for as much of a poo poo topic as it is, thanks for letting me vent a bit about it. didnt realized how loving pissed off about it i was.

ya'll own.

:mcnally:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

No no no the red flag is having anime not being anime.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey so if any non-AI regulars are interested, there is someone trying to make some good of this whole affair:

MrChips posted:

Yes, you're right, that is an ill-considered thing now that I think about it.

As a result, I'm just going to do this:

I made a donation to my local women's shelter, and I'm going to do one more thing - for every person who posts a donation receipt in this thread between now and February 28th, I will make an additional donation of one dollar each. I don't care if you donate one dollar or one million dollars, it will still count.

That thread being the AI chat thread.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

purple death ray posted:

The McNally t-shirt prank was awesome because it was a double recursive joke. You get everyone once with the fake triple xl t-shirt and you get them again when you send the real t-shirts. Can you imagine how bad the goon telephone game is going to mangle retelling this story in a few years? lol

Then people even started saying "Actually I want the prank shirt instead, can I get it?"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey so if any non-AI regulars are interested, there is someone trying to make some good of this whole affair:

That thread being the AI chat thread.

:unsmith:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

sneakyfrog posted:

ok the thing that popped out most.

is that dude wearing 2 coats? or a subjacket?

he has too many layers. that being said he is about as dapper of a person marrying a sock poppet wrapped around a fleshlight i have ever seen.

I know it's super late but LMAO at subjacket you loving philistine

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Glenn Quebec posted:

Please be nice.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

pentyne posted:

Then people even started saying "Actually I want the prank shirt instead, can I get it?"
I didn't even order any of the shirts and I'd still love to have one of the McNally ones, he did set up a thing where you can order them but it only goes up to 4XL and it's *just not the same* as the huge circus-tent 6XL one that the prank shirts were.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

The worst part of this disaster with 14", Tremek has been a solid, stand-up guy this whole time, had to lay the law and the lash to Dave a few times but otherwise has gone above and beyond any possible call of duty to give Dave a solid ground floor to build a better life... and this is Tremek's repayment. Kindness and love like Tremek has shown is maybe the only thing that will build a better world, but I doubt Tremek will ever do this for anyone again. So thanks Dave, you rapey gently caress, for taking one of the few genuinely good people in the world out of the game.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean the rape was pretty bad, but the worst thing is

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

The worst thing was the hypocrisy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i mean the rape was pretty bad, but the worst thing is
The emotional aftereffects of rape are a significant part of what makes it horrific.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/lordbeef/status/1096081372932788224?s=21

...can anyone expand on this because what the gently caress

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

the escape goat posted:

I cannot find anything about it, except it's pre-2007 I think? Referred to as "the door" in a few posts.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733956&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post448381240

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

the escape goat posted:

This is pretty standard abuser behavior, sadly.

If you hate yourself and want to see a lot more of it try the Reddit relationships sub. The sheer number of posts by women describing abuse is sad as poo poo.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

the escape goat posted:

http://www.pickupguide.com/layguide/p_door.htm

It's from 2000 or so. Nothing to do with SA, hopefully.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

*points to dilz*

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Glenn Quebec posted:

sorry i dont know your fashionista language :smithfrog:

just thought the lapels were weird.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

sorry i dont know your fashionista language :smithfrog:

just thought the lapels were weird.

He still thinks you're talking about the waistcoat because he's browsing on a phone like a hell idiot and doesn't see the wonky lapels.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

the escape goat posted:

that takes me back. I'm not sure if it came from here or if someone just found it and posted it here, though.

My favourite part is the very beginning where he points to the door and asks what it is and somehow the girl doesn't immediately assume he's pointing to a bug crawling up the wall in his dark filthy gooncave

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

the escape goat posted:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

the escape goat posted:

Oh I sure can, but first honey, I need you to look at this door

Also the source, I believe, of *points to dilznick*

Basically what it appears, some PUA wannabe got high on his own supply and posted a STDH.txt about how he brainwashed a girl that almost certainly doesn't exist

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Crimpolioni posted:

The worst thing was the hypocrisy
Violation of trust is, surprisingly, a part of rape.

I'd post 'it's often harder on the goon' as a snide remark, but that just continues the trend of minimizing the person who that douche took advantage of.

This is kind of speaking past the issue, but I remember early SA Mart scammers bringing up really raw tribal emotions because of the assumption that they were part of the SA community or something. We tend to overlook that our neighbors can be terrible people because we all shitpost together and pay :10bux:

FilthyImp has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Feb 17, 2019

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Krankenstyle posted:

Fraggles own

This is old-ish but I couldn't pass up the chance to say, no they don't

I think they're communist?

No for real, unless I'm an idiot I thought that was the deal with that show?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Slippery posted:

This is old-ish but I couldn't pass up the chance to say, no they don't

I think they're communist?

No for real, unless I'm an idiot I thought that was the deal with that show?

quote:

Fraggles are small anthropomorphic creatures, typically 18 inches (46 cm) tall,[5] that come in a variety of colors and have fur tuft tipped tails. Fraggles live a generally carefree life, spending most of their time (they have a thirty-minute work week) playing, exploring, and generally enjoying themselves. They live on mainly radishes and Doozer sticks, made of ground-up radishes and the material with which the Doozers build their constructions. The Fraggles seek wisdom from Marjory the Trash Heap, who is located in a corner of the Gorg's garden. Marjory the Trash Heap is a large, matronly, sentient compost heap. According to her rat-like companions Philo and Gunge, the Trash Heap "knows all and sees all." By her own admission, she has "everything".

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so they are commies then

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yall need to listen to convincing john, he'll set you straight

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sneakyfrog posted:

so they are commies then

What's wrong with that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nothing until you try to apply it in the real world.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
heyo

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lacey posted:

that takes me back. I'm not sure if it came from here or if someone just found it and posted it here, though.

My favourite part is the very beginning where he points to the door and asks what it is and somehow the girl doesn't immediately assume he's pointing to a bug crawling up the wall in his dark filthy gooncave

Yeah, I used to see it referenced a lot when people were ragging on PuAs. I never remember it being referred to as starting here at all, but as a big PuA thing.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Araenna posted:

Yeah, I used to see it referenced a lot when people were ragging on PuAs. I never remember it being referred to as starting here at all, but as a big PuA thing.

Seconded, I'm pretty sure that didn't originate here but got posted and (rightfully) mocked a lot here.

I know these MRA/PUA guys are broke-brained as gently caress, but how do you go with "I need to train women like a house-broken dog to stay with me" versus "hmm, maybe there's a reason I can't get a woman to stay with me"? I'm hosed up with sadbrains, and even I can't understand this dichotomy.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Feb 17, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I posted a source folks :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Somfin posted:

You can't expect people to read things can you?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Somfin posted:

Thank you for that for sure. Weird poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Len posted:

You can't expect people to read things can you?

Who are you quoting, someone that's hellbanned?