Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Moon Atari posted:

I have a friend who is a teacher. For awhile he was desperate for money so took an extremely high paying job teaching at a small private school for the children of some of WA's wealthiest farming families. He had to teach them the type of extreme christian fundamentalism anti-science stuff that we usually associate with the US. A lot of those families have always chosen to live more isolated from society and reality than their lifestyle actually necessitates, and they have been imposing ever greater cult-like isolation on each passing generation.
that sounds loving incredible, how do i get that job? please note my family are great at passing as members of whatever cult they need to infiltrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

pikachode posted:

that sounds loving incredible, how do i get that job? please note my family are great at passing as members of whatever cult they need to infiltrate

Tag yourself.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
But the paper run by Joe hockey's mate told us the libs gonna win.....

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

You Am I posted:

Victoria will save this lovely nation

We will vote progressive as NSW and QLD go right wing as gently caress

God Bless Victoria. God Bless Dandrews

God bless living in a Victorian marginal electorate.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

smacfm posted:

OK this is my talking about ag & politics in the bush effortpost.

Thanks for taking the time; it was really interesting to read.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Graic Gabtar posted:

God bless living in a Victorian marginal electorate.

Same here, since they have changed where I am voting the next election

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

smacfm posted:

This was amazing thank you for writing it.

Reminds me of a couple of things:

In England (? might be Ireland or EU, I'm no expert and this is second hand info) to receive the various government subsidies and tax breaks a farm has to be "run" by someone with a degree in farm management/agriculture. This has lead to a gradual improvement over the years as the old guard of traditional farmers hand their farms over to their children who were sent to university and learned modern farm management practices and a bit of science and business management. If we'd had a policy like that 30 years ago we'd be in a much better place now. Sadly we are getting to crisis point and it would be too slow to fix things before we all starve. We should bring it in anyway along with whatever crisis measures are needed to stop Australia turning into Mad Max.

The last time farmers and environmentalists talked to each other was Landcare and between them they managed to get salinity from "frequently on the National news" down to "of concern to farmers but city kids haven't heard of it". Presumably it was defunded to make sure farmers don't get any strange ideas about caring for the environment.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

You Am I posted:

Victoria will save this lovely nation

We will vote progressive as NSW and QLD go right wing as gently caress

God Bless Victoria. God Bless Dandrews

pbuh

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Krabboss posted:

I don't think there's any chance of Labour not taking the coming federal election handily.

Labor have this amazing ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Seriously, they should be hammering the Libs right now for being fuckheads, but I'm not seeing much of that...

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

JBP posted:

You guys have got toxic brain worms if you're worrying about this election lmao

Apologies, but time and time it's turned out to be true but:

"assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

smacfm posted:

Ta for an excellent post! I'll have to do some more digging into Fitzgibbon.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

froglet posted:

Labor have this amazing ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Seriously, they should be hammering the Libs right now for being fuckheads, but I'm not seeing much of that...

Federal Labor are absolutely spineless. The annihilation of the Victorian Libs should be the omen to unleash the fury on perhaps the most dysfunctional and borderline criminal conservative government in living memory and they have done loving nooooothing.

Bob Hawke and Paul Keating would have cast the coalition into the abyss for the next 50 years if they had the current political climate to work with.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

adamantium|wang posted:

I think it was me, last page and page 213

Thanks. I went back that far, but read from the bottom of the page up and must have stopped right before your first post on it :doh:

smacfm posted:

https://twitter.com/GrogsGamut/status/1096555539197091840?s=19

Looks like crazy Rhodesian war criminal is actually not the Paladin that has the half billion torture cheque.

The original tweet mentioning Rhodesian Dave's Paladin has been deleted, so it's probably true.

Still, it was pretty loving wild. Almost disappointed.

Editing the effort post to remove the Rhodesian stuff now.

But I'm sure as hell adding this:

drunkill posted:

Not sure if real or not.. but hey

Holy poo poo!

No matter how deep you dig, there's more.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 17, 2019

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The sons are balding in reverse!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nutsngum posted:

Federal Labor are absolutely spineless. The annihilation of the Victorian Libs should be the omen to unleash the fury on perhaps the most dysfunctional and borderline criminal conservative government in living memory and they have done loving nooooothing.

Bob Hawke and Paul Keating would have cast the coalition into the abyss for the next 50 years if they had the current political climate to work with.

I bet they've borrowed tactics from the American Democrats in that they don't want to actually make a stand on anything because they don't want to give voters the idea that Labor isn't also going to do all those horrible things for no real reason.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Just probate GSC the minute the writ comes down til the day after the election, so he can't Cassandra us all into ruin, Anidav.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

pretty sure i just did this region in Far Cry 5

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

pretty sure i just did this region in Far Cry 5

I heard it was shorter than Krudd2.

EDIT: My bad, I meant the newest one that just came out (New Dawn), not Far Cry 5 OG.

hooman fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 17, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life-and-relationships/why-i-ll-never-regret-my-affair-20190212-p50xbs.html

Excuse me what the gently caress is this

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Sounds like an uplifting story to me. "Having an affair made me realise I have options other than staying in this lovely marriage"

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/MarkTrade_Live/status/1097007806983467008?s=19

And his daughters linkedin profile has been removed too.

Also
https://twitter.com/alexbhturnbull/status/1097112234713440256?s=19

https://twitter.com/CartwheelPrint/status/924806084409286656?s=19

https://twitter.com/jonathan_pryke/status/1096225534265065472?s=19

drunkill fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 17, 2019

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

smacfm posted:

Lots of interesting stuff...

Thanks for the effort post, well summarised for someone like me who knows gently caress all about that stuff

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

How do you get into that line of work out of interest? Are there certain qualifications you need?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
removing the Paladin info from the net really makes them seem less suspicious huh :11tea:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Can we put the potato in gaol yet?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
So all the paladin stuff was half cooked conspiracy nonsense?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endman posted:

Can we put the potato in gaol yet?
send him to christmas island

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

the actual paladin involved on manus is a scandalous episode of corruption and governance failures; the rhodesian warlord poo poo that flooded this thread was a different failure of people to do basic loving research

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

if you're going to come in here and say that you need to show other info so people know what you're on about

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

28766f69642a2930 posted:

the actual paladin involved on manus is a scandalous episode of corruption and governance failures; the rhodesian warlord poo poo that flooded this thread was a different failure of people to do basic loving research

What about Dutton's daughter being a part of it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bowmore posted:

if you're going to come in here and say that you need to show other info so people know what you're on about

The tender is corruption. Metal Gear Manus was fanciful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Comstar posted:

I believe this.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Comstar posted:

Dutton's daughter is 16 and has a different first name :tinfoil:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Dutton's daughter is 16 and has a different first name :tinfoil:

ah! so you believe the deep state

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the wads of cash being handed over to what is clearly a tax avoidance structure is more interesting, to me

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
as always i am the tantalising forbidden glimpse of calf (human)

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

smacfm posted:

owns and i'm emptyquoting to save the post link so i can study it at length, thank you friend

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nauru = Outer Heaven

Manus = Big Shell

Villawood = Shadow Moses

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hrmm. You ejected the first bullet by hand. That's more of a revolver technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Someone nuke these fuckers (not the indigenous people obviously, the people at DHA)

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/government-attempts-to-deport-indigenous-man-to-new-zealand/10820622

Front page of Tele is a masterpiece of its kind:

How dare they care about their future? How dare they!

But The Arsetralian's hot take on the ipsos poll being Morrison's "Tampa moment"? Priceless: