Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nakar posted:

The regular Jaegers and Siegers do the least damage on body/limb shots. The piercing rifles generally kill in one shot, doing roughly the same damage as the Ghost. It may be possible to dodge a kill with a legshot, but I've never tried it and doing a double legshot accident kill with them is almost never going to be possible.

If you could mark people through scopes I imagine I could set up a few fun rear end in a top hat contracts with this but you can't do that. goddamn it ioi!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

when marking in contracts mode on PC, does anyone else have the bug where marking is bound to your left click instead of whatever you bound it to?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Also if you're in Mumbai bring a briefcase and go steal the Kashmirian's Druzhina, since he has discovered how to put a silencer on it making it an incredible gun; the downside for the Druzhina is that you can't slap it into or out of a briefcase immediately, there's a 3-4 second long animation of 47 taking it apart / putting it together before he does that.

I think Jaegers have that animation too, I know the Lancer does and the Ghost doesn't.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Been trying to do the Fugitive the "proper" way (ie, not just murdering one guy over and over until he's the target) and it's just as dull. It seems like they randomise not just which guy is the target but which routines they all follow so even if you go and get the files from the office, you're still just running around like a dickhead for ages trying to find the guy you want. Super compelling stuff. :v:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I swear I've read a comment that claimed the piercing sniper rifles could fire through walls but I've never seen it happen. Was this true at one point and removed or were they always full of bs?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The sniper challenge map lets you shoot through walls.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

double nine posted:

I swear I've read a comment that claimed the piercing sniper rifles could fire through walls but I've never seen it happen. Was this true at one point and removed or were they always full of bs?
Nakar can probably explain the specifics better than I can, cause I hadn't unlocked the Lancer before they nerfed it but when they first put it in you could just shoot through huge chunks of the map with it. It'll still go through a single, thin wall nowadays though: I stand corrected. :v:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 16, 2019

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

double nine posted:

The Lancer used to be able to do it, but now it can't. They nerfed it because of things like shooting the Sapienza virus through the entire map, rather than just compromising and having it go through one or two walls. Pilchenstein's video is not an example of this; any gun can shoot through the cloth/plastic dividers in Miami in the same manner that any gun can shoot through glass. No weapon has better object penetration than another, it's just that the Lancer and Druzshina (and Striker) can shoot through people.

This is actually bad most of the time. For example, that recent Escalation where you had to get the two guys in the armory in Sgail: It's possible to lure them upstairs in such a way that you could Lancer snipe them both in the back from the helipad while they're ascending the stairs for a nice neat double kill. Except the bullet keeps going through the second target, impacts the stairs, and causes the people at the top of them to turn around and find the bodies. If you instead stagger them slightly in coming upstairs and just shoot twice with the Ghost, no one notices because the bullets stop at the bodies and bullets hitting people in the back make little to no sound for whatever reason. You actually screw yourself over trying to use body-penetrating rounds for their intended purpose.

As mentioned, Wall Piercing Ammo in Sniper Challenge mode does penetrate geometry, but that's a feature unique to that mode.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

well that explains it, I grabbed a lancer in a recent ghost match and decided to test firing through walls. It didn't work out and I had a bunch of friends fast.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I’ve got back into this game after emerging from my RDR2 coma. God it’s wonderful. Now I’ve unlocked the C4 demo block I’m playing through every level as a bomber. Desks in this game are pretty strong, I’ve discovered after failing to kill both targets at once in their lockdown room in Paris. The briefcase with the bomb was sat next to the desk and only killed one of them, had to move it to on top of the indestructible furniture.

That’s my story thanks for reading.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Still haven't found the safe room in Paris.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Still haven't found the safe room in Paris.

You probably have. You've walked past it several times, and you've probably even been in there. Just cause a lockdown and see where they go.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

You need to cause a lockdown by using the phone from Novikov’s bodyguard. You might need to look at the lockdown procedures note in the basement security room first.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

Pilchenstein's video is not an example of this; any gun can shoot through the cloth/plastic dividers in Miami
I honestly thought that was a regular wall lol, my bad. :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I believe it's "museum owner's office" on the map. It's the room that starts with a briefcase.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Dabir posted:

I believe it's "museum owner's office" on the map. It's the room that starts with a briefcase.

:eng101: If you do the attic start, it's just down the ladder behind you!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lollerich posted:

I disguised myself as the director and got the notes from his office. In my game the fugitive was the one that hangs out in the spa.
- I turned up the heat in the spa,
- closed all but one of the doors,
- lured him out, closed the door,
- knocked him out, drowned him in the pool,
- left on the snow speeder.

That was a lot more fun than the first time around, where I just shoved that one guy over the railing over and over.

I turned up the heat in the spa and saw that he was back near the water trough thing. So I coined him out the door and tossed a wrench at his skull. He fell straight in the water and died out of sight of anyone else. RIP

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I more or less accidentally glanced thaat there were some shaman shenanigans afoot. Didn't hear anything about that.
Is it time limited content like the holidays thing or are these bonus challenges here for good?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

marktheando posted:

I’ve got back into this game after emerging from my RDR2 coma. God it’s wonderful. Now I’ve unlocked the C4 demo block I’m playing through every level as a bomber. Desks in this game are pretty strong, I’ve discovered after failing to kill both targets at once in their lockdown room in Paris. The briefcase with the bomb was sat next to the desk and only killed one of them, had to move it to on top of the indestructible furniture.

That’s my story thanks for reading.

To be fair wasn't a simple table basically what saved Hitler from the bomb in a briefcase assassination attempt?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair wasn't a simple table basically what saved Hitler from the bomb in a briefcase assassination attempt?

Being in an above ground shack instead of an underground bunker did

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Well there you go, all those open balcony doors in Paris saved them!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Bet Tom Cruise wishes he could reload and place the bomb on the other side of the table like I did.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Clearly Mr. Cruise plays on Master Difficulty and already used up his one save after the explosion in North Africa.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, that's that one SA'd. Only had 9 mastery so I had a fun little time running around, disabling security is routine by now but it's the first time I'd been in the Director's office. Lucked out and he was drinking from the wine glass, though I still had to dodge and KO chefs.

The default suit/VIP robe actually has its uses on Hokkaido; specifically it's about the only costume where you'll attract no suspicion in the public areas of the hospital, important since the director patrols around it including the restaurant. (and of course you can only use the blend in spots as a patient)

Aug 24, 2011

there's at least one staff disguise the hokkaido director nakamura-san does not enforce

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

THAT is Adolf Hitler. I feel like I shouldn't have to tell you that one, 47.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

THAT is Adolf Hitler. I feel like I shouldn't have to tell you that one, 47.

Someone beat him to that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ste1ybJ7_Nk

That said, this setting DOES have clones...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW73KL1xres

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

...wait, is that what Sensible Chuckle is from? And it was filmed here, neat.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well, that's that one SA'd. Only had 9 mastery so I had a fun little time running around, disabling security is routine by now but it's the first time I'd been in the Director's office. Lucked out and he was drinking from the wine glass, though I still had to dodge and KO chefs.

The default suit/VIP robe actually has its uses on Hokkaido; specifically it's about the only costume where you'll attract no suspicion in the public areas of the hospital, important since the director patrols around it including the restaurant. (and of course you can only use the blend in spots as a patient)

There's a laptop in the room you get taken to as Jason Portman that has the notes, you never have to get near the director's office.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dabir posted:

There's a laptop in the room you get taken to as Jason Portman that has the notes, you never have to get near the director's office.

Well that figures, and I even went through that sequence without realising.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I just infiltrated as a Surgeon on my first playthrough, took in the disposable card scramblers, then waltzed right into the Director's office (waiting until the bodyguard on his tablet turned his back) (because the facial surgery office was too highly guarded), which gave me notes on exactly which procedure the target had undergone (a new retina to gently caress with biometric readers, how spy-y!).

I accomplished all of this within like 2 minutes (then headed down to the morgue to bust out The Real Hero of the series, which gave me the RFID master chip), then spent, like, 40 more minutes realizing there were definitely only three guys with surgical bandages, and all the other patients in white were the regular level's patients, because I'd never played this ET before and it'd been a while since I played Hokkaido in earnest, not wanting to find out there were TWO guys with eye bandages.

Then, in my case, the target was in the 'hanging out in the sushi bar' mode, so I lured out a sushi chef and tried to make some sushi for him, but he refused to show any interest, just browsing, and I realized he only drank, not ate, so another ten minutes verifying WHICH of those four glasses on the other bar he drank from, then five minutes chilling (ho ho) by the Gondola waiting for him to find my hidden surprise from Portman's medicine cabinet. I was even being super-paranoid about Nails spotting me grab the chef, so I took him (and the maintenance guy by the helipad) out first.

So, on the one hand, I found a super-easy method for finding out who he was, but on the other hand, I took my time in verifying my target info led to the right guy, their routes and behavior, and making sure to get him right the very first time. Still pretty fun times. I took like an hour on the Sgail ET (my first) and got her in my first try, too, so maybe this is just my style.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It is!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ I got the Raking It In Challenge done. Having this disgusting old vulture of a man who has killed, tortured and/or otherwise exploited thousands take a pratfall after pulling a Sideshow Bob is way funnier than it should be.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bangkok is still the worst SA/SU on Master of the old maps. Like all of them confine you to a few routes sure but Bangkok with the sightlines and p much 1.5 viable path isn't even hard, just annoying.

Cooling off and doing the blackmail/recording storyline was cool though, and also extremely ice cold when done Suit Only.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 18, 2019

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Danger 5 is one of those things where once you watch it you recognize a good 20% of gifs you’ve seen on the internet.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I just did landslide, sniping the target from the rooftop behind the ICA safehouse. All went well, but I got three guard accidents as I ran for the exit. Didn’t see anything weird.

Really wish I knew what they could have done to kill themselves. Opening fire and blowing up a vehicle perhaps? Never got a combat state, just searching.

Edit- Just re did it, and the same thing happened again. Checking out the scene, there’s a blown up gas heater surrounded by corpses right next to where I sniped him. That must have been it, stupid guards.

marktheando fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 18, 2019

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Zedd posted:

Bangkok is still the worst SA/SU on Master of the old maps. Like all of them confine you to a few routes sure but Bangkok with the sightlines and p much 1.5 viable path isn't even hard, just annoying.

Cooling off and doing the blackmail/recording storyline was cool though, and also extremely ice cold when done Suit Only.

It's pretty fast right now at least, you can run in and take the cake topper, stick it in the cake and even get caught by the guards while crossing over the roof without losing SA.

Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

So I'm trying to figure out a few "impossible" disguise kills, similar to drowning the hospital director as the hospital director. The bonus exits make literally impossible SAs a thing (you can't do the Stig exit or Swan Dive with SA unless the Knoxes or Washingtons are targets). Mostly I'm looking for disguises that are unique but kills that cannot normally be performed on an unconscious target. Drowning is possible in Hokkaido for instance.

think i got one for you; the surgeon who unwraps jason portman's bandages, as jason portman (bandages on), then any other target anywhere else on the map, as jason portman (bandages off)

e: here it is

1-10-8950406-95

PC

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Feb 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

marktheando posted:

I just did landslide, sniping the target from the rooftop behind the ICA safehouse. All went well, but I got three guard accidents as I ran for the exit. Didn’t see anything weird.

Really wish I knew what they could have done to kill themselves. Opening fire and blowing up a vehicle perhaps? Never got a combat state, just searching.

Edit- Just re did it, and the same thing happened again. Checking out the scene, there’s a blown up gas heater surrounded by corpses right next to where I sniped him. That must have been it, stupid guards.
Oh man, that must be a result of the "everyone knows where you are when using a rifle" nonsense. Incredible. :v: