Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is there an xbox tactics game in the vein of Advance Wars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

19.99 is my price

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

daisenryaku vii, on the original xbox 1

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Which xbox? On the bone you got Wargroove if you're willing to give Chucklefish money despite their ownerships behavoirs.

As for the original Xbox, the one without a subtitle, in addition to what was mentioned before there was also Gladius. There also is a poo poo awful WWII with werewolves game for the 360 whos name I can't remember that is both not good and may have the worst camera in an SRPG ever.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

exquisite tea posted:

I hope it's revealed that the Black Tusk faction that invades at the end of The Division 2 were all the hardcore raiders from NYC who acquired their future tech from grinding Dark Zone drops.

D.C. is facing its greatest enemy, xXxWEEDLORD420BONERHITLERxXx

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Barudak posted:

Which xbox? On the bone you got Wargroove if you're willing to give Chucklefish money despite their ownerships behavoirs.

As for the original Xbox, the one without a subtitle, in addition to what was mentioned before there was also Gladius. There also is a poo poo awful WWII with werewolves game for the 360 whos name I can't remember that is both not good and may have the worst camera in an SRPG ever.

I'm not willing to give money to the name wargroove

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samuringa posted:

D.C. is facing its greatest enemy, xXxWEEDLORD420BONERHITLERxXx

*while being effortlessly gunned down by an 800 gearscore agent* Is that... no, it couldn't... Aiden Pearce's iconic cap...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Barudak posted:

What behavior?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Barudak posted:

Operation Darkness is great lol

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm not willing to give money to the name wargroove

I guess you'd save a lot of money if you only bought video games with cool names

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

There is definitely a parabolic relationship between good games and stupid names.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I like Bravely Default/Second as titles, dumb as they are

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What behavior?

They got an office dog and then when employees didnt put in enough effort to watch the dog that management bought they rehomed it and they hosed over staff who moved with them to London. On the grand scheme of businesses they arent the worst but some people got really turned off by their behavoirs last time it came up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

They got an office dog and then when employees didnt put in enough effort to watch the dog that management bought they rehomed it and they hosed over staff who moved with them to London. On the grand scheme of businesses they arent the worst but some people got really turned off by their behavoirs last time it came up.

They adopted a dog specifically for the office? :raise:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

I like Bravely Default/Second as titles, dumb as they are

Announce Bravely Third already square

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lmao metro Exodus has the worst 9\11 reference

https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousSlipperyNuggetsDancingBaby?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

And gamers are falling over themselves to say it's a respectful easter egg. But this poo poo is so stupid, it'd be like having a picture of cancer cells to remember your dead mom.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

They adopted a dog specifically for the office? :raise:

Are the "staff babies" in game credits the same deal

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
imo it's slightly more hosed up that tiyuri (at least reportedly) said he'd only hire women he'd want to gently caress

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Colonel posted:

imo it's slightly more hosed up that tiyuri (at least reportedly) said he'd only hire women he'd want to gently caress

I've not seen anything about that but knowing how much of a bellend Tiy was during his time working on Terraria it wouldn't surprise me.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
hollow knight sequel lookin way great

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://mobile.twitter.com/SophNar0747/status/1097114182334459904

So apparently the Catherine being transphobic thing might have been faked by the same person who said that fire emblem fates had anti-gay stuff.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Pharohman777 posted:

So apparently the Catherine being transphobic thing might have been faked by the same person who said that fire emblem fates had anti-gay stuff.

"Writer/editor. My work can be found on @redstate, @nichegamer, @dailycaller, @OneAngryGamerhd, & youtube."

Get the gently caress out of here, Pharohman777.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
how the gently caress would one person "fake" it when it's been talked about by multiple people who have played the game and seen the ending

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Catherine: Full Body a sequel to the 2011 game?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://nichegamer.com/category/editorials/
lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Opinion: Games Are Not Art, and Thinking They Are Has Dragged Down The Hobby

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Lmao metro Exodus has the worst 9\11 reference

https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousSlipperyNuggetsDancingBaby?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

And gamers are falling over themselves to say it's a respectful easter egg. But this poo poo is so stupid, it'd be like having a picture of cancer cells to remember your dead mom.

should play Yakety Sax when you click on it

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Italian Hot Takes, only at nichegamer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also the "it takes place before erica transitions" thing is, something that has been mentioned to death

it's, just not really a good excuse or one that any trans people are happy with. and full body is still a game where an entire character exists for the sake of trans panic

katsura hashino is not a game developer who deserves the benefit of the doubt

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 17, 2019

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pharohman777 posted:

Jesus gently caress. No. gently caress off.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please read my essay on fuckgamer.sex titled, "don't believe the lies, custer's revenge is actually fairly freaking sick"

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Pharohman777 posted:

Trash

Don't post poo poo from blatant poo poo stirrers.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I follow a French Atelier fan because they're usually quick about getting info from the Japanese sources and they pretty much jumped onboard the angry gamer bandwagon on this one.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Dehry posted:

I follow a French Atelier fan because they're usually quick about getting info from the Japanese sources and they pretty much jumped onboard the angry gamer bandwagon on this one.

Does this mean they're a centrist shithead that wants us to look at what both sides bring to the table?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Silent Hill 1 is still the only video game I would call legitimately scary. SH2 is an overall better game and is certainly atmospheric and haunting, but there were things in SH1 that made my skin crawl in a way no other video game has accomplished.

Subnautica is the most horror horror game :ohdear:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pharohman777 posted:

Well, except it wasn't faked, so...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are multiple people in the actual localization industry who think this is hosed up. like. this is not just some poo poo being stirred by a rando online. literally everybody, agrees, that the scene is hosed up, including people who, translate japanese games for a living

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this sounds exhausting

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1097170078250893313

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The English voice actress for Erica has said the changes for FB are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007