Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
poo poo like American imperialism and income equality are just low hanging fruit, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain. The idea that white supremacists might build a coherent platform out of wealth redistribution, dismantling the military industrial complex, and making it where people can see a loving doctor should be keeping anyone who lives in the US and isn't white awake at nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Hey weren't there supposed to be regular weekly twitch streams with the studio setup. Or was Matt making promises while drinking too much happy juice.

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!
RIP Ernest.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Chexoid posted:

Hey weren't there supposed to be regular weekly twitch streams with the studio setup. Or was Matt making promises while drinking too much happy juice.

he never said when they were gonna start

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Crusader Kings 2 stream is coming any day now

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Where can you find brace and bryan on street fight

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I think so far Brace episodes have been on their bonus Patreon feed.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I think this is my favorite example of blue lives matter ever

https://twitter.com/dog_gov/status/1097188146352189441?s=21

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I think this is my favorite example of blue lives matter ever

https://twitter.com/dog_gov/status/1097188146352189441?s=21

Interesting how leftist “conspiracy theories” like this are always proven right.:thunk:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Interesting how leftist “conspiracy theories” like this are always proven right.:thunk:

That’s why I identify as Posadist

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Thaddius the Large posted:

That’s why I identify as Posadist

Hoxha-Posadism is the only true left tendency

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's on, team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7DRwz0cAt0

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
god bless him, but it's painful watching him try to smile

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
How did I never know this before?

In 1979, when Tucker was 10 years old, his father married Patricia Caroline Swanson. An heiress to the Swanson frozen-food fortune, Swanson is the daughter of Gilbert Carl Swanson, the granddaughter of Carl A. Swanson, and the niece of Senator J. William Fulbright.[7][3]

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

:911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1097905853515120642

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hand job guy and blow job guy should meet up

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

prefect posted:

In 1979, when Tucker was 10 years old, his father married Patricia Caroline Swanson. An heiress to the Swanson frozen-food fortune, Swanson is the daughter of Gilbert Carl Swanson, the granddaughter of Carl A. Swanson, and the niece of Senator J. William Fulbright.[7][3]
One look at the way Carlson dresses should tell you that he isn't a meritocratic product of the middle class. Not even Douthat, whose entire worldview proceeds from an intellectually stunted fantasy of becoming a Harvard Man, looks like an extra from Trading Places like Tucker Carlson.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

One look at the way Carlson dresses should tell you that he isn't a meritocratic product of the middle class. Not even Douthat, whose entire worldview proceeds from an intellectually stunted fantasy of becoming a Harvard Man, looks like an extra from Trading Places like Tucker Carlson.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ross Douthat and Matthew Walther look pretty much like what I'd expect from insane Catholic monarchists. If they weren't constantly smacked in the face with the fact that the world has left them behind, they'd probably have trim little moustaches and wear Falangist uniforms every day.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I'm watching the documentary and these people are all dumb as bricks, it's unbearable. "Hmmm I'm letting my neighbour that I tricked me into jacking him off by the ingenious tactic of just asking me for some relief sleep in the same bed as my daughter four nights a week, this is normal"
I'm at the alien instructions part right now and I started laughing before realizing where this all must be going. This is all in the first third of the movie, they can't top this.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
what documentary is that?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

padijun posted:

what documentary is that?

Abducted in plain sight

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Carlos Danger posted:

This is all in the first third of the movie, they can't top this.

AHAHAHAHA I WAS WROOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGG
the mother hosed him for eight months, this is after he kidnapped their 13-year old daughter and took her to mexico and married her down there and got her husband to jack him off
how????????????????????
If this guy wasn't a pedophile I'd be in awe of him

Doktor Avalanche fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 20, 2019

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

I don’t get it. Who dat?

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Carlos Danger posted:

AHAHAHAHA I WAS WROOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGG
the mother hosed him for eight months, this is after he kidnapped their 13-year old daughter and took her to mexico and married her down there and got her husband to jack him off
how????????????????????
If this guy wasn't a pedophile I'd be in awe of him

One thing that amazed me was how the film doesn't bother to delve into this family's religion. They're deeply, unbelievably stupid... and very Mormon. "B" is also Mormon. The church and Mormon community let "B" just walk around, patting him on the back because he's "had some struggles".

And yet the film doesn't even bother to analyze for even a second what role their religion has played in all of this poo poo that has happened. Seems like a major oversight, possibly even an intentional one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol I just watched the movie and I yelled at the TV during the handjob scene.

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1097916026157707264?s=21

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 20, 2019

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
i think a very underrated terrible decision was when the parents allowed the molester to sleep in their daughter's bed with her for months on end, because he told them it was part of his special psychiatric treatment to make him stop wanting to molest her

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
spoiler that stuff, that doc should be experienced with no prior knowledge.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

B's brother owns

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

super fart shooter posted:

i think a very underrated terrible decision was when the parents allowed the molester to sleep in their daughter's bed with her for months on end, because he told them it was part of his special psychiatric treatment to make him stop wanting to molest her

ah, the Gandhi method

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Trabandiumium posted:

B's brother owns

These guys have a very Paddock brothers energy to them.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
This stupid thread made me curious enough to watch this and omfffffggggggggg

Those phone calls between the mother and B after the 2nd kidnapping... CHRIST why are you still answering bullshit like "how was your day" wtf

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Carlos Danger posted:

This is all in the first third of the movie, they can't top this.

I honestly had this exact same thought but then it just kept going and going and going and going

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

rapeface posted:

This stupid thread made me curious enough to watch this and omfffffggggggggg

Those phone calls between the mother and B after the 2nd kidnapping... CHRIST why are you still answering bullshit like "how was your day" wtf

The documentary mentions that the FBI had tapped their house, and encouraged the wife to keep taking the calls to gather info on Berchtold

I have to wonder how much money the LDS church gave to suppress mentions of themselves. Because this story probably doesn’t happen if everyone here is not Mormon (the implicit trust towards Berchtold, not wanting to press charges on account of affairs being revealed, Berchtold being allowed to continue in the church despite a previous rape charge)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Clap posted:

One thing that amazed me was how the film doesn't bother to delve into this family's religion. They're deeply, unbelievably stupid... and very Mormon. "B" is also Mormon. The church and Mormon community let "B" just walk around, patting him on the back because he's "had some struggles".

And yet the film doesn't even bother to analyze for even a second what role their religion has played in all of this poo poo that has happened. Seems like a major oversight, possibly even an intentional one.

yeah there's a really good documentary called cleanflix about companies out in utah that would edit videos for families (almost exclusively mormons) to remove sex and violence and swears and goes into them battling the dga and poo poo but a good chunk of it delves into why mormons are weirdos about all that stuff.

abducted in plain sight needed to be at least twice as long, as crazy as it is it's just a summary of events.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah there's a really good documentary called cleanflix about companies out in utah that would edit videos for families (almost exclusively mormons) to remove sex and violence and swears and goes into them battling the dga and poo poo but a good chunk of it delves into why mormons are weirdos about all that stuff.

abducted in plain sight needed to be at least twice as long, as crazy as it is it's just a summary of events.

I’m a documentary film editor so I’ll absolutely check that out, sounds fascinating.

Abducted in Plain Sight is a particularly egregious example to me because it feels like a serious omission by the filmmakers. It’s irresponsible and, frankly, unethical. There’s a billion questions that should have been answered about the role of their church in pressuring the family to drop charges etc etc.

As it stands, the film just lays everything on the (deeply stupid) family, when in reality there was a whole community behind them. God drat.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

super fart shooter posted:

Imagine getting continuously molested because your parents are this stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Trabandiumium posted:

B's brother owns

"yep, he was always a pervert."

lol