Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Cuntellectual posted:

Rune Factory remains in my memory as a game I played a ton of in high school, but desperately avoided letting anyone know I played lest I be associated with the female weebs.

I wish I'd gone to a school that had female weebs that I could've been associated with

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The merry grave ending fit every thing the author wanted to do in 1 chap and im sad but it was still good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lmao

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

The merry grave ending fit every thing the author wanted to do in 1 chap and im sad but it was still good

I hope they go on to do something cool. I remember being bummed when I found out Instant Bullet was canceled but then the author went on to make Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To which has been really good and successful

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

Have you read chainsawman yet.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObU__s-R9ro

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh huh platinum aren't working on the granblue game anymore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Aurora posted:

oh huh platinum aren't working on the granblue game anymore

yeah they just kind of said their contract was finished and removed it from their site

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i can imagine that developing as many games as they are it's probably a good idea

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Speaking of Platinum, I'm really looking forward to Atral Chain. Assuming they nail down the dual combat and give it enough variety, it looks like it's gonna be a really fun game-also I loved how cheesy the dialogue in the trailer was.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

i dont like it

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

I saw that episode of Zoids

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

i dont like it

:melter:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
haikyuus been around for seven years today

thank you haikyuu

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its the artists 3rd comic i think and I havent liked any of em

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

haikyuus been around for seven years today

thank you haikyuu

I'm assuming it's gonna be around for seven more years so I'm looking forward to when I finally start seriously watching the anime in 2026.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

depends on if it ends after nationals i guess

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

adventure time

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurora posted:

depends on if it ends after nationals i guess
this should probably happen but i would not mind if it did not

Srice posted:

I'm assuming it's gonna be around for seven more years so I'm looking forward to when I finally start seriously watching the anime in 2026.
your loss

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

future win

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I enjoy the exact kind of shonen-y sports anime Haikyuu is way more when I can binge as I please so I don't see this as a loss at all.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
choosing to have haikyuu in your life for LESS time? unthinkable

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Starting in 30 min!

Allarion posted:

All clear here. The simulwatch will live on!

Movie this weekend will be

Detective Conan: Raven Chaser!
at https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Also moview@tch will now be preceded by the simulwatch of Gallery Fake starting at
4:00 pm PST/7:00 EST/11:00 UTC on Sunday!

so the actual movie will be around 5:15 approximately, since the simulwatch is now updated to 2 episodes of Gallery Fake

Also for future reference for any newcomers for any google drive videos, cytube requires a userscript, using either tampermonkey or greasemonkey depending on your browser, so if you wanna set that up beforehand, just click here https://cytu.be/r/alsokotori

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

choosing to have haikyuu in your life for LESS time? unthinkable

There are so many sports shows out there playing to a similar format that, heck, it could definitely take me until 2026 to watch them all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the yawara stream will definitely take at least a year

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

it has at least 140 episodes, going off of the random youtube result i got

this is going to be intense

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the Right Way to stream yawara would actually be to start it in october and do one episode a week, so the olympic clock is synchronized to the 30th anniversary of the barcelona olympics

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I am literally in KH3

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've only seen a portion of Yawara but it really speaks to Urasawa's talents that even in his early years when he was working on something much more conventional he was still able to go above and beyond. It has aged quite well.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I am literally in KH3

Congrats :toot: Are you one of the key blade names during that scene where Sora rides the keyblades?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Expect My Mom posted:

thank you haikyuu

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Srice posted:

very in character to wait until the anime is old imo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

I've only seen a portion of Yawara but it really speaks to Urasawa's talents that even in his early years when he was working on something much more conventional he was still able to go above and beyond. It has aged quite well.
It's just flat out great how consistently good his work as a mangaka has been across 3 decades, whether he's doing the whole enchilada himself or working with a writer (mostly Takashi Nagasako).

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Srice posted:

its been a long while since i read it so I dont remember everything but I enjoyed Happy! when i read through it, which was kind of another go at sports manga Urasawa started right after yawara. Have you read it? It only got complete scans somewhat recently

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

RME posted:

its been a long while since i read it so I dont remember everything but I enjoyed Happy! when i read through it, which was kind of another go at sports manga Urasawa started right after yawara. Have you read it? It only got complete scans somewhat recently

I think I only ever read a few chapters many years ago so I don't remember much. I'll have to take another look now that I know it's fully translated!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Srice posted:

I think I only ever read a few chapters many years ago so I don't remember much. I'll have to take another look now that I know it's fully translated!

Yeah it only finished like, late 2014 or so? And mostly because someone got so frustrated with there not being any scans they finished it themselves lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol