Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

QC Doomguy in overwatch, same ult and everything

And access to all QC guns and movement mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Shortest SMT game ever.

Nah itd be like dante where you unlock him in like the final dungeon as the games failsafe to make sure you can beat the final boss no matter your setup.

Move set is a mixture of piercing, strength, and almighty offensive skills and some rude single target buffs.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I hope Doom Eternal isn't a Bethesda Launcher exclusive.

Bethesda has killed enough of their Good Will for me that I might actually not buy Doom Eternal: Legitimate Candidate for Potential Best Modern Shooter of the Last Decade if that's the case. And that's saying something because I really want to play this dang game a whole drat lot. I've already decided I'm not going to get Rage 2 because of it, and I wanted to play that game a lot too.

gently caress Bethesda though. I think I'd honestly rather just resort to the malware-ridden wasteland of piracy.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

or just play it on ps4 or something

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

:thunk:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

Playing a shooter with a gamepad.

Good one.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i play civilization with a controller, is that bad?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

sneakyfrog posted:

I mean, I play Civ V with a joystick and the only "bad" thing about it is that other players complain about how long it takes me to perform my turns and sometimes kick me out of the game.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
they lack commitment.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GreatGreen posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

Playing a shooter with a gamepad.

Good one.

Doom works really well with a controller.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Because Sony has never had any issues with security.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I seriously doubt your commitment to the doomslayer

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

sneakyfrog posted:

I don't know why you'd ever want to use a controller but at least a turn based game doesn't require quick reactions so whatever.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm looking forward you the strange experience of Doom Eternal being Doom 2016 but better, a feat that Doom 2 could not accomplish when pitted against the original loving fight me

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Songbearer posted:

I'm looking forward you the strange experience of Doom Eternal being Doom 2016 but better, a feat that Doom 2 could not accomplish when pitted against the original loving fight me

Doom 1's levels were better to run around in, but Doom II had the "super shotgun" and a bunch of mid-tier enemies that the original sorely needed. You are objectively incorrect, and as punishment I am writing to Sandy Peterson to rename "MAP09: The Pit" to "The Value of Songbearer's Opinion"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Doom 1's levels were better to run around in, but Doom II had the "super shotgun" and a bunch of mid-tier enemies that the original sorely needed. You are objectively incorrect, and as punishment I am writing to Sandy Peterson to rename "MAP09: The Pit" to "The Value of Songbearer's Opinion"

Didn't we just have this fight in the early FPS thread and it turned out that E1 is godly but overall Doom 2's level design is actually better? The Ultimate Doom beats both, of course.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Doom 1 vs Doom 2 isn't so much the issue as it is John Romero on one end of the spectrum vs. everyone else.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Arivia posted:

Didn't we just have this fight in the early FPS thread and it turned out that E1 is godly but overall Doom 2's level design is actually better? The Ultimate Doom beats both, of course.

That could be the case, actually. Nowadays I'm always playing something like Community Chest 3 or BTSX, so I've kind of forgotten how the original levels feel in 2019.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Songbearer posted:

You're off your rocker pal

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

People can say Doom 2s maps weren't as good as Doom 1s (which look we might have to have a discussion on what better actually means because e2 and 3 have some fuckin ROUGH maps alright, they both have their highs and lows) but the enemy additions and the super shotgun MAKE Doom for me.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Plutonia and TNT tbh

I masturbate with sandpaper

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Plutonia and TNT tbh

I masturbate with sandpaper

yeah uh good luck with that baby poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEnIvpFAuk

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

You can play Doom with mouse and keyboard on PS4. Just buy a XIM4. It's a lovely thing to do in mp games in my opinion but in a single player game who cares.

Edit: fixed a typo because all PCs at work have forced spanish autocorrect.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 19, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doom 2 is the greatest expansion pack ever made, bring it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Guillermus posted:

You can play Doom with mouse and keyboard on PS4. Just buy a XIM4. It's a lovely thing to do in mp games in my opinión but in a single player game who cares.

Holy negative mouse acceleration batman!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Rage 2 has Andrew W.K. music in it's trailers, Andrew W.K. is a renowned party guru and philosopher. He has said that you don't have to pick favorites, so we don't have to pick between Doom 1 and 2, I believe, though he seems to favor pizza over other foods at times, also tacos. Since he picked those foods for painted themed guitars.

Romero's Sigil is gonna be good, for Ultimate Doom.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 19, 2019

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

Rage 2 has Andrew W.K. music in it's trailers, Andrew W.K. is a renowned party guru and philosopher. He has said that you don't have to pick favorites, so we don't have to pick between Doom 1 and 2, I believe, though he seems to favor pizza over other foods at times, also tacos. Since he picked those foods for painted themed guitars.

Romero's Sigil is gonna be good, for Ultimate Doom.

Andrew W.K. hosted kids at a junk yard owned by Cartoon Network ("Build Destroy Build") where he taunted children into building things out of garbage and then destroying others' creations in front of them. And yet not once did anybody build something that could play Doom.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I mean, I play Civ V with a joystick and the only "bad" thing about it is that other players complain about how long it takes me to perform my turns and sometimes kick me out of the game.

O_o

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
+1 barrel to the shotgun every new doom, i say

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Resident Evil did it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've started working on the Metro series and when I found a double barreled shotgun that had an attachment which was just another two barrels on top, the Doomguy within me shed a single tear.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Beware adding too many barrels to a shot gun, otherwise you will wind up with less of a shot gun, and more of an automatic rifle, which is the most boring gun type you can have in a game. Burst damage is GOOD.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Doomguy could use one 4 gauge shotgun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om5QMdxs-aM

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I thought that he already was but that it was double barrelled.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:black101:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Arivia posted:

yeah uh good luck with that baby poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEnIvpFAuk

Is...Is that Shiva's theme from Streets of Rage?

EDIT: It is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lBruxD1Q0w

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Well, I've waited five years and I finally caught a cold, gonna download and play doom 4 finally! Any things I should know before I start not in the OP?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BBQ Dave posted:

Well, I've waited five years and I finally caught a cold, gonna download and play doom 4 finally! Any things I should know before I start not in the OP?

You don't need any of the upgrade points, etc., to beat the game or find everything so if the map exploration ends up not being fun for you, just do like a bunch of us did and rip and tear your way through your first playthrough. After completing each map you can go back and redo it to get anything you might've missed.

other than that, RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

BBQ Dave posted:

The grenade launcher is the best mod for the assault shotgun
The assault rifle's mirco missiles mod *rules*
Upgrade the super shotgun ASAFP because it's awesome

Also, swapping weapons mid combat is the best way to negate reload animations. For example, to unload shotgun ammo: fire shotgun -> swap to super shotgun -> fire -> swap back to regular shotgun -> fire -> etc, as quickly as you can.