Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

just ordered all the poo poo to replace the M5's valve cover gaskets and plugs when the weather gets warm

Same, and new water pump, belts, PS hoses and reservoir, gotta fix the window shades for the new baby...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Drove that 2008 6-speed E90 earlier today (https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579552). Awesome to drive, and that V8 engine noise is really something else. He's definitely kept up on maintenance, and has all of the car's records in a folder showing rod bearings, oil changes, etc. The car's in decent shape on the outside, and there's minor wear in the interior on the steering wheel/usual places. He's selling the car with the summer and winter wheels, and seems pretty firm on 23k.

Still though, the car's definitely 11 years old (infotainment, interior wear, etc) and I'm trying to decide whether it makes sense for me to get it when I'd essentially be using it as our third car/beater that gets left outside once I get the sports car I really want.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Residency Evil posted:

Drove that 2008 6-speed E90 earlier today (https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579552). Awesome to drive, and that V8 engine noise is really something else. He's definitely kept up on maintenance, and has all of the car's records in a folder showing rod bearings, oil changes, etc. The car's in decent shape on the outside, and there's minor wear in the interior on the steering wheel/usual places. He's selling the car with the summer and winter wheels, and seems pretty firm on 23k.

Still though, the car's definitely 11 years old (infotainment, interior wear, etc) and I'm trying to decide whether it makes sense for me to get it when I'd essentially be using it as our third car/beater that gets left outside once I get the sports car I really want.

Buy it so EAG doesn’t. A goon will buy it from you when you’re ready to sell it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

I've done the job on an E46 and just cut 'em off. You'll be A-ok.

That's what I wound up doing. A couple of minutes with a cut-off wheel and it was done. Everything else came off and went on really easy, it was just that one stupid nut that wasted a lot of time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My car was whistling and now no one has to know I'm too poor to fix the sun roof gasket. I'll get to doing it right eventually.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Jealous Cow posted:

Buy it so EAG doesn’t. A goon will buy it from you when you’re ready to sell it.

The best thing about moving out of Ohio is no longer seeing their lovely ads everywhere. They really hosed up the market there.

That M3 seems pretty much perfect perfect - 23K seems a tad high considering the mileage, but not absurdly out of range or anything. And if it’s not going to be your daily then I wouldn’t even worry about adding too much to it if you did decide to resell.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Residency Evil posted:

buy it

sucks that it's black but well maintained matters more than not

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Been a while since the last Red Wagon update. I've been chasing long long long crank issues. This car turns me dumb when figuring poo poo out apparently. Cleaning up the ground strap from engine to body helped a little, but it turns out the starter was just tired as can be. New starter cranks SO FAST!!

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Definitely on the final stretch to getting this car on the road :)

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

HI GUYS

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

crutt posted:

HI GUYS

:discourse:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Residency Evil posted:

Buy it, with two sets of wheels + good maintenance that seems like a steal for what you get, until you find that GT4...

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

crutt posted:

HI GUYS

This is good

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

crutt posted:

HI GUYS

I want one of these for my next DD. So good.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Here's a picture of the interior. I'm excited about this.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

drat, that’s clean as hell.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
those pictures are from 2005 with the new Camaro added in. :colbert:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

crutt posted:

manual too? looks excellent!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Henlo we did a things this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtMiqBHSxI

Sounds good to me!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Should have lined them up, imo.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
Anybody have anything good or bad to say about the F10 in its late production form? I'm looking at buying a 2016 535i rwd in the near future and was wondering if there are any issues to be aware of going in.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

The first one sounds like an E92 now, good job!

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Easychair Bootson posted:

Anybody have anything good or bad to say about the F10 in its late production form? I'm looking at buying a 2016 535i rwd in the near future and was wondering if there are any issues to be aware of going in.

I have a 2013 535 I bought new and it's had zero problems. Only 33k miles on it though. It's also a 6-speed MT, so I'm waiting for EAG to offer me $50k for it any day now........:newlol:

Check Bimmerpost/Bimmerfest for their F10 forums. There are no showstopper defects waiting to hand you your rear end with the straight 6 cylinder engines like the V8's but there is a small percentage that might eventually devour their turbos. As far as driving - It's really going to depend what you are coming from if you are going to like it. It's not as tossable as a 3 series and it's definitely not an M3. The 5ers are not big 3's anymore they are small 7's tilted a bit more towards comfort over sport. The interior quality is a step above though and the extra luxury/style/headroom/legroom/trunk space has been appreciated by me. People in the rear seats are going to be comfortable and not cramped. It is still plenty fast and handles way better than it should for a larger car at 4,100 lbs and it's perfectly stable well over 100 mph in fact so much so I really think you could go the advertised 150 if you could. It is also 193 inches long which sounds huge if your coming from a 176 inch long E46 (like I did) but I think Accord/Camry are also 193 inches long now, lol.

The final year 2016 F10's are coming in off lease right now and there are a ton of clean ones out here on the west coast. I'm actually semi-pondering grabbing a loaded one for $33k or so and putting mine up for sale. I am not interested in the newer G30 5-series at all.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Keyser_Soze posted:

The final year 2016 F10's are coming in off lease right now and there are a ton of clean ones out here on the west coast. I'm actually semi-pondering grabbing a loaded one for $33k or so and putting mine up for sale. I am not interested in the newer G30 5-series at all.
The 2016 F10 M5s are showing up as CPOs and they’re really good deals.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I have a 2012 F10 535 so before the LCI. I've had it for a bit over 4 years now with 53k on it and it's been reasonably reliable. It's developed a misfire over the last month or so (given me reduced power warnings twice). Should be a pretty easy fix, going to replace the spark plugs which are due and the coils while I'm at it. Coils and injectors seem to be the most likely things to fail on the N55 engine. I do get some random suspension warning when it's really cold outside, think 0 F or lower, but they always go away on restart (usually dynamic drive disabled).

A total list of things that have been fixed on it would be off the top of my head:
2 coils iirc
an injector
a wheel bearing
a rear tail light that stopped working

I got it I think with a bit under 30k miles on it, have run a JB4+ since a few days after I got it. Get one with a HUD, they are amazing. Also if it has run flats ditch them asap as they're noisy and grip like poo poo. At the very least make sure to get one that is still in warranty so if you find anything that is wrong you can have it done for free. And Keyser is right, you will feel the weight of it, they aren't light.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Mr. Apollo posted:

The 2016 F10 M5s are showing up as CPOs and they’re really good deals.

I was at a local BMW geek dyno day a few weeks ago and met a guy who had just picked up a CPO 2016 M5 for less than the price of a G20 330i. Then we watched it pull 515whp. He was happy with his purchase.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

crutt posted:

this, is extremely good

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Residency Evil posted:

Seems like a reasonable price to me but I've only just started watching the E90 market. That would make one hell of a nice DD

drat that's clean, nice find. Keep thinking about one of these as my next DD

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

Keyser_Soze posted:

I have a 2013 535 I bought new and it's had zero problems. Only 33k miles on it though. It's also a 6-speed MT, so I'm waiting for EAG to offer me $50k for it any day now........:newlol:

Check Bimmerpost/Bimmerfest for their F10 forums. There are no showstopper defects waiting to hand you your rear end with the straight 6 cylinder engines like the V8's but there is a small percentage that might eventually devour their turbos. As far as driving - It's really going to depend what you are coming from if you are going to like it. It's not as tossable as a 3 series and it's definitely not an M3. The 5ers are not big 3's anymore they are small 7's tilted a bit more towards comfort over sport. The interior quality is a step above though and the extra luxury/style/headroom/legroom/trunk space has been appreciated by me. People in the rear seats are going to be comfortable and not cramped. It is still plenty fast and handles way better than it should for a larger car at 4,100 lbs and it's perfectly stable well over 100 mph in fact so much so I really think you could go the advertised 150 if you could. It is also 193 inches long which sounds huge if your coming from a 176 inch long E46 (like I did) but I think Accord/Camry are also 193 inches long now, lol.

I had the same impression after driving the F10 for the first time. This is the wife's daily driver and our highway car. She's currently in a IS 350 that's fine, but the space and the ride quality of the F10 is massively better.

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I have a 2012 F10 535 so before the LCI. I've had it for a bit over 4 years now with 53k on it and it's been reasonably reliable. It's developed a misfire over the last month or so (given me reduced power warnings twice). Should be a pretty easy fix, going to replace the spark plugs which are due and the coils while I'm at it. Coils and injectors seem to be the most likely things to fail on the N55 engine. I do get some random suspension warning when it's really cold outside, think 0 F or lower, but they always go away on restart (usually dynamic drive disabled).

A total list of things that have been fixed on it would be off the top of my head:
2 coils iirc
an injector
a wheel bearing
a rear tail light that stopped working

I got it I think with a bit under 30k miles on it, have run a JB4+ since a few days after I got it. Get one with a HUD, they are amazing. Also if it has run flats ditch them asap as they're noisy and grip like poo poo. At the very least make sure to get one that is still in warranty so if you find anything that is wrong you can have it done for free. And Keyser is right, you will feel the weight of it, they aren't light.

I've been spoiled by 6+ years of Lexus reliability. This is also making me lean towards CPO, so I'll get a year or two of warranty out of a 2016.

Sincere thanks for the feedback from both of you.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Someone did the wrong kind of LS swap.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Gotta know how that trunk works now

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Not like the trunk on a 3 series is very usable in the first place.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Alarbus posted:

Not like the trunk on a 3 series is very usable in the first place.

That's an E39 come on man

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Phone posting, vacation drinking, and I'm more E90/F30...

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

That's an E39 come on man

Ya and he put the 530i badge back on for some reason.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Big Taint posted:

Ya and he put the 530i badge back on for some reason.
And 3 exhaust pipes :confused: I guess one for every 2 cylinders?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Two for the engine, one for the fleshlight

:smuggo:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

crutt posted:

This looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. Mind if I ask how much you paid?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
ZHP front bumper cleans the look up a lot. Nice :)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the ZHP bumper makes it almost perfect with a 6 speed.

Just needs some coilovers to bring down a touch and it's perfection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I didn't even notice the ZHP bumper :swoon: