Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I've got he Kallax/Expedit split, and that's the furniture equivalent of a mid-run spine change. Fortunately they aren't in the same room, so it's not as annoying as it would otherwise be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I got this massive thing to go with my other Infinity Gauntlet memorabilia like my hardcover slipcase and it was way bigger than I had anticipated.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 5, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What is it? It doesn't look like the Marvel Legends one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No it’s much bigger that that one. It’s from Sideshow. It’s a life size prop statue. It’s massive. Weighs about 30lbs or so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Picked up some new to me stuff today

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Every side of that X-O hardcover looks lovely. I can't wait for it to become available in bookstores!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ollie's got another TPB closeout and uh, I have no self control.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That War of the Gods tpb reminds me that I will probably need to move on that third George Pérez WW omnibus sooner rather than later before it's gone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My buddy just hit me up to tell me Ollie's got ANOTHER shipment of TPBs in, all new stuff. I'm exhausted so I won't be going tonight but tomorrow after brunch I'm gonna go check it out. Usually they price the books 70-80% off of retail and if you get there before they are dug through too much you can get virtually mint copies of the books. Totally worth a look if you have one nearby!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

My buddy just hit me up to tell me Ollie's got ANOTHER shipment of TPBs in, all new stuff. I'm exhausted so I won't be going tonight but tomorrow after brunch I'm gonna go check it out. Usually they price the books 70-80% off of retail and if you get there before they are dug through too much you can get virtually mint copies of the books. Totally worth a look if you have one nearby!

Do you know if it was more DC books? I'm going to check mine out tomorrow morning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He didn't specify, just that it was so much more stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ollie's did indeed have more stuff and I have no loving chill when it comes to cheap trades.

$64.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I got the Super Sons omnibus in the mail today and it has a lovely wraparound cover underneath the duskjacket. :swoon:

I especially dig combination of colourless background and art deco-like title. The dustjacket itself doesn't have the blue and black Rebirth flair at the top, surprisingly enough. The spine is stark grey.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Has anyone heard any word about a fourth Ghostbusters Hardcover from IDW? Been a while since they put out the third one. I think between Ghostbusters and TMNT that IDW does the best hardcovers but geez does it take them a long time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Has anyone heard any word about a fourth Ghostbusters Hardcover from IDW? Been a while since they put out the third one. I think between Ghostbusters and TMNT that IDW does the best hardcovers but geez does it take them a long time.

I can't find anything.

Can you check and see if they reprinted the retailer covers in volume 1? Because they reached out to me back when that went to press about including the cover and I said hell yeah but they never emailed back.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'll look when I get home from work but I don't think so. There would have been a lot of similar covers then right? I don't remember that but I might have just skipped past it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah there were only like 8 because most shops were still burned by the Godzilla cover. I bet some of the other shops declined and that's why I never heard back.

I'm just curious because I was nearly 60 pounds heavier when we took the reference photos. Nevermind it looks nothing like me anyways.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Flipped through all three GB hardcovers and saw no retailer variants.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awwww. I'm sad now.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Does anyone know if book 4 of the softcover collected editions of Scalped came out on the 18th December as planned? Amazon.co.uk says it did but it's out of stock. Anywhere else I've looked (including amazon.com) has never heard of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone should take my debit card away before I go back to Ollie's yet again.

My total take from their stock over the past weeks. 78 books, averaged out to just over $3 per book. I did end up with two doubles so I'll head back and swap those out and as I just made a $70 return at another store I can pick through the stock one more time.

So as many know, I recently bought a house. A house with a fully finished basement (and above the floodline, no record of standing water on this spot in 40 years) so I finally have the space I've craved to display my collection. I finished unpacking just now. Ignore the boxes on top, those will move shortly. The boxes at the right of the shelves are all doubles or redundant books.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

So as many know, I recently bought a house. A house with a fully finished basement (and above the floodline, no record of standing water on this spot in 40 years) so I finally have the space I've craved to display my collection. I finished unpacking just now. Ignore the boxes on top, those will move shortly. The boxes at the right of the shelves are all doubles or redundant books.

What are the boxes on top of your shelves?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

What are the boxes on top of your shelves?

Assorted figure boxes.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Do the Marvel Epic Collections get reprinted? I was going to buy volume 1 of Spider-Man but it's sold out almost everywhere. I know it came out in '14 but you'd think they'd keep these books in print.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Hatter106 posted:

Do the Marvel Epic Collections get reprinted? I was going to buy volume 1 of Spider-Man but it's sold out almost everywhere. I know it came out in '14 but you'd think they'd keep these books in print.

Several have been reprinted. I can’t imagine them not keeping evergreen runs like that out of print for long.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

My total take from their stock over the past weeks. 78 books, averaged out to just over $3 per book. I did end up with two doubles so I'll head back and swap those out and as I just made a $70 return at another store I can pick through the stock one more time.

So loving jealous of this. This is what I basically want one section of my man-cave to look like... If I had a house...

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

This shelving looks perfect for the book area I want in my eventual house (sup obi_ant :smith::hf::smith:) What brand is it? Looks kinda like some stuff I've seen at Ikea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It IS Ikea!

These are the older style, the Expedit line. I owned a few pieces and when they announced they were discontinuing it I rushed to Ikea Canton to grab whatever I could afford at the time. They replaced it with the Kallax line. Essentially the same but the outer edges are thinner so it doesn't line up with mine exactly. I have two 5x5 units, two 1x5s, a 2x2, a 2x4 and the desk unit. I recently discovered Wal-Mart sells a knockoff of this shelving in the Expedit dimensions and a very similar color. I'm going to pick up one of their 2x4s to see just how close it is and I might move a few of my smaller pieces around if it works.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Oh poo poo!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3001-783/Moonshadow-HC

Gotta double dip for this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you guys know that Ollie's has a store locator on their website? I somehow ended up at a different location today.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This does not bring me joy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

This does not bring me joy.

Skrull Kill Krew rules.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I always get a chuckle out of you buying Gail books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She and I are cool now! We've talked at several cons. If it was SgtRock buying them the planet might RIP off it's axis.

They had so many more books I dont own and if they send me another discount coupon I'm totally going back. The selection was its. And it's a very small town so I'm not surprised how little it had been picked through.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She and I are cool now! We've talked at several cons. If it was SgtRock buying them the planet might RIP off it's axis.

They had so many more books I dont own and if they send me another discount coupon I'm totally going back. The selection was its. And it's a very small town so I'm not surprised how little it had been picked through.

How much was Batman by Ed Brubaker v.2, and do any of them have v.1?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No v1s. I think it was $5.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So my father lives about an hour away from me and he is dating a gal who lives a bit further. In a town with yet another Ollie's. So I jokingly told him he should swing in and see what they had and because he's a huge dork he did and he said there's a fuckload of trades there so uh....

looks like I'm going there Sunday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MAKE ME

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know how they expect me to save money when they keep putting out new boxes of stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Why is the hardcover BPRD vol 3 so hard to find now? Really don’t want to pay a ton.