Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

But the dead body bomb abilities are cool why wouldn't you take them.

Because I normally don't worry about the poor excuse of stealth this game has and just gun it? :shrug: Ended up clearing past it; just needed a friend to talk me through it. Just glad i don't have to uninstall this game unfinished.

And yeah Llama Croft is fun to place in odd situations, like say on top of a pile of corpses. One of the DLCs needs you to actually play as the llama. Maybe then I'd get the season pass (fat loving chance).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont even remember that section and I sure as hell didnt buy that skill. The game was pleasant and Lara is a murder machine. What even is that section.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think that's the part where Lara goes on a rampage stealth shanking everybody leading up to the refinery and all the Trinity bad guys are expertly arranged get knifed one by one.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I distinctly remember thinking at the end of New Tomb Raider 2, "I enjoyed that very much and do not need any more of it."

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

TheScott2K posted:

I distinctly remember thinking at the end of New Tomb Raider 2, "I enjoyed that very much and do not need any more of it."
Then they spent $150m making another sequel.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

American McGay posted:

Then they spent $150m making another sequel.

loving oops

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have bounced off shadow of the tomb raider pretty hard after getting maybe halfway through? You all are right about the unending number of x presses. Just gently caress it. There isn’t enough combat either, I’ve upgraded so many weapons and I feel like I’ve used them maybe 5 occasions.

The first time I was covered in mud, hiding in a vine-mud wall, and silent killed a dude and got that “first blood” achievement. That was bad rear end. But the game is boring.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/FamousCeleb/status/1097342640905834496

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

In a way it ended up a bit like Duke Nukem Forever did. Stuck in development hell so long that by the time it came out it was already out of date by today's standards.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fanatic posted:

In a way it ended up a bit like Duke Nukem Forever did. Stuck in development hell so long that by the time it came out it was already out of date by today's standards.

Thats a fair comparison. I'm enjoying the game, but it's like paying darksiders again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fanatic posted:

Duke Nukem was miserable to play, offensive, and visually ugly though.

The development being hosed absolutely wrecked both these games though

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I find myself in awe at how absolutely bland feeling and ugly looking Crackdown 3 turned out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Fanatic posted:

That might be an excuse if it was comparable at all to the bullshot previews. They Peter Molyneuxe'd it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 20, 2019

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I got my mileage out of Gamepass over the last few months so I cancelled it for March.

Crackdown 3 was fun, spent about 10 hours playing this weekend. The HDR on the neon is a bit obnoxious at times. Enjoyed the game over all.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That might be an excuse if it was comparable at all to the bullshot previews. They Peter Molyneuxe'd it.

I want to play the Unreal Engine 1 version

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

bloodysabbath posted:

I find myself in awe at how absolutely bland feeling and ugly looking Crackdown 3 turned out.

I think a major issue is that the city in Crackdown 1 was fun to both drive around in, and jump around and climb in. The Crackdown 3 city feels very bland and un-fun, by comparison. I don't think they paid much attention to how an open world city needs to feel and how buildings need to flow into each other.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Maybe a hot take but: the previous crackdowns would have been flops if it wasn't for the one dude is who was in charge of where to put the agility orbs. Besides those orbs they're both unnecessary in a world where PROTOTYPE exists.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Crackdown benefitted hugely from the audience being hungry for a next-gen GTA and GTA IV still being a ways off. It's hard to imagine now but there weren't a lot of good freeroamers on the 360 early on.

And yeah the orb thing

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Also the Halo beta thing, ha.

I actually had a crackin' good time with Crackdown 3. And I think it looks pretty great in 4K.

I think maybe some of the orb complaints can come from the fact that the entire map isn't just one huge city which is what Crackdown 1 had going for it. I do think the gunfights and enemy variety are better in 3, though.

Also I want more games to let you do seperate saves for your character and world state. That is *great*.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Game Pass update

To be added:
  • Batman: Return to Arkham (includes Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City) — February 21st
  • Headlander — February 21st
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two — February 21st
  • Alien: Isolation — February 28th
  • The Walking Dead: Season Two — February 28th

To be removed (end of Feb):
  • Aven Colony
  • Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
  • Kyub
  • Lumo
  • MASSIVE CHALICE
  • Mega Coin Squad
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Sonic CD
  • The Final Station
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
This feels like the first time the games added are better than the ones being removed.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Crackdown benefitted hugely from the audience being hungry for a next-gen GTA and GTA IV still being a ways off. It's hard to imagine now but there weren't a lot of good freeroamers on the 360 early on.

And yeah the orb thing

Makes sense. According to my record I didn't play Crackdown 1 until 2013 (like 6 years after it came out) and by then it felt very dated. So I didn't bother trying 2 and didn't quite get what the hype around 3 was about. lol

Monday_ posted:

This feels like the first time the games added are better than the ones being removed.

Edit: Yeah, Alien and the Batman Arkham's alone are great games!

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 21, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crackdown 2 is one of the most miserable games Ive ever played but it also got horribly mismanaged development and was dumped on the market after like 1 years worth of actual development.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Barudak posted:

Crackdown 2 is one of the most miserable games Ive ever played but it also got horribly mismanaged development and was dumped on the market after like 1 years worth of actual development.

It's like poetry it rhymes

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

It's like poetry it rhymes

3 doesn't have that excuse though... they spent 6 years on this

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Wasn't crackdown the one that came with the halo 3 beta? You had a lot of people interested because of that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

3 doesn't have that excuse though... they spent 6 years on this

According to rumor/speculation it was internally canceled around the time of Scalebound and then forced into a completely reboot development process afterwards when Microsoft realized they had absolutely not a goddamn thing in the pipeline.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Ineffiable posted:

Wasn't crackdown the one that came with the halo 3 beta? You had a lot of people interested because of that.

This is 100% true, but I think most people were pleasantly surprised that there was a decent game packaged with the Halo 3 Paid Beta.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
OG Crackdown is one of the few games I legit beat from start to finish. It was open world, but very easy to gently caress around for a while then drop in and beat a boss or whatever. Very casual.

All the new GTA games are so much work. I don't want to play an interactive story, or go play games with Mike, or whatever is the latest chore.

I've avoided RDR for this reason.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Go play RDR it’s the best game ever

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I really didn't like RDR and I'm glad I bought it physically and sold it while it was still worth something.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RDR has high production values but it's a lot more of a chore to play than it should be for such a recent game.

I felt like AC Odyssey scratched much of the same itch, time period aside, while being waaay smoother to play (instant looting, fast travel from anywhere that isn't a restricted zone, summon horse almost anywhere).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real Horse autopilot that lets you take a nap in between the identical missions would have been perfect for rdr2

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Real Horse autopilot that lets you take a nap in between the identical missions would have been perfect for rdr2

AC Odyssey has this :smug:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

univbee posted:

RDR has high production values but it's a lot more of a chore to play than it should be for such a recent game.

I felt like AC Odyssey scratched much of the same itch, time period aside, while being waaay smoother to play (instant looting, fast travel from anywhere that isn't a restricted zone, summon horse almost anywhere).

I am playing and enjoying AC Odyssey right now but lol no. If RDR had played like this it would have been terrible and I'm still 100% glad that Rockstar does their own thing. I don't need every game to feel like a generic Ubisoft map checklist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

AC Odyssey has this :smug:

Congrats youve found my point

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Crackdown is great to get a friend in and goof off on. My only issue has been that they need more than five levels of upgrades

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

ZeusCannon posted:

Crackdown is great to get a friend in and goof off on. My only issue has been that they need more than five levels of upgrades

Crackdown 3 you go up to 6.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I can get GTA V used for 360 for $15 but for One its $28, does the 360 version work on One? It doesnt show on compatibility list.
e: and if I had googled harder i would've found my answer.

Its No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
RDR2 is the best game ever made, honestly perfect except for the weird physics glitches