Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumble Bees
Oct 5, 2013
MJ, just because Peter thinks it's night time and goes to sleep every time you throw a blanket over his head doesn't mean the same thing will work on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I dunno, this is the NSM universe, there's a nonzero chance that other people do in fact do that

E: not a very high chance, mind you, but still nonzero!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I can still talk with a blanket over my head. I checked, so I'm sure of this.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

I can still talk with a blanket over my head. I checked, so I'm sure of this.

common misconception, your ears are under the blanket too

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That's Cloak's cloak. She's sending him to the dark dimension.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Newspaper Spider-Man sure is brutal to its villains. Ripping off chunks of skin, punching them clear across the horizon, firing a length of pipe into their throat, etc.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Lobok posted:

The Newspaper Spider-Man sure is brutal to its villains. Ripping off chunks of skin, punching them clear across the horizon, firing a length of pipe into their throat, etc.

The last two weeks have been so good :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kilgrave's face in that final panel makes me imagine he's just gonna kneel there with the blanket over him, so baffled as to what the gently caress she is thinking that he just stays still and says nothing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

If they can't see his purple skin the mind control powers don't work. Those are the rules.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
actually, didn't someone say that's how it worked at one point? nsm loves dredging up ancient continuity.

also, there's no reason why mj would be aware of this fact, which makes it all the more likely.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I like that whatever's MJ plan is, she considers it more effective than letting Luke punch him in the head.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I like that whatever's MJ plan is, she considers it more effective than letting Luke punch him in the head.

the only things luke has done in this arc have been destroying a car, breaking doors, and punching nsm in the head. he didn't even punch peter very much by team-up standards.

of course, most of what peter has accomplished was piggyback rides.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It turns out that Purple Man has zero sense of object permanence.

Mary-Jane knew how to exploit this because her husband suffers from the same condition.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

The worst/best part is that I can actually see all these jokes you're all making being what ends up happening for real.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably just something like the blanket muffles his voice and stops it working because you can't hear the sound magic clearly. Though the rasping wheeze that he should have after a decent hit to the larynx should do that anyway.

Maybe she's just a really big believer in "out of sight, out of mind".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Purple Man: Spider-Man, obey your Master Kilgrave and stop Luke Cage!
Spider-Man: But you're not Kilgrave, you're a talking blanket! :aaa:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm guessing it'll be the blanket blocking Killgrave's woo-woo "pheromone" powers from floating off his body to the people around him.

I love this. MJ saves the day with a sucker punch, and then everyone stands around patting each other on the back and wondering what they should do next while the villain lies there recovering from the sucker punch, his limitless mind control powers only a syllable away.

Luke even being like, "I'll punch him in the head to make sure he doesn't mind control us and, I don't know, make us jump off the building," and then MJ being like, "no, wait! I have a more elaborate and failure-prone plan!" is the cherry on the cake.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

She's just tucking him into bed. Can't do evil while he's sleeping!

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Lobok posted:

Except being an unmatched entertainer.

Clown-9 was a better entertainer than Spider-man.

The blanket is just a plastic tarp, an airtight plastic tarp. The lack of air will send Kilgrave into a hibernation state and then he can be safely shipped back to his home planet.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Libra posted:

She's just tucking him into bed. Can't do evil while he's sleeping!

His entire ploy was a result of a lack of sleep and crankiness.

I can relate.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pheromones are the midichlorians of Purple Man lore. He is purple, and everyone who can see him does what he says. That's the rules. It's inexplicable, and that's part of what makes it cool and creepy.

E: until you beat him with a blanket

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJ: This way we can give him a kicking and the bruises won't show up!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it wasn’t even a blanket

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
They're going to loving roll Kilgrave into the Hudson.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I, for one, am curious to see where this goes.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
"Watch and learn, Cage!" :stare:

I love how they haven't even secured it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He should be scared look what happened to the last Tarp Man.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
*through badly damaged vocal chords* tarps! my other weakness!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think killgrave groaning and clutching his throat will ever stop being funny

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

amishjosh posted:

Clown-9 was a better entertainer than Spider-man.

The blanket is just a plastic tarp, an airtight plastic tarp. The lack of air will send Kilgrave into a hibernation state and then he can be safely shipped back to his home planet.

Stop being that jerk who reads ahead and spoils things.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

how about kilgrave screaming and running around while covered by a sheet

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Now do your thing, Cage!"
"Excuse me?"
"You know, that thing where you send people in cloaks to another location!"
"... *sigh* you're thinking about Cloak. Like from Cloak and Dagger."
"Oh, I thought you loo

and then we go to the next arc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They hold a mirror up to Kilgrave while he's covered by the sheet and he faints because he thinks he's seen a ghost.

Then they just have to carry his unconscious body to the police, and Peter (who also fainted) back to his apartment and tuck him into bed.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Watch and learn how MJ stone cold ices a bitch and dismembers him in a bath tub, Cage.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

davidspackage posted:

Watch and learn how MJ stone cold ices a bitch and dismembers him in a bath tub, Cage.

Hey hey, that is like way too far. We'll just cut out his tongue and remove his teeth one by one. Take it easy.

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Hey sir I really like your idea sir and I really think we should implement it sir why don't you talk to my CSM sir and see what he says sir and hopefully we can get sir this ball rolling sir thanks sir. HOOAH am I right sir.
Clearly they're just going to weight the tarp down with stones and chuck him into the Hudson.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Messed up of MJ to treat Killgrave like a Cockatiel and throw a blanket over him to shut him up. he's gonna go to sleep now and his cycle's gonna be all messed up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Flaccid French Fry posted:

Clearly they're just going to weight the tarp down with stones and chuck him into the Hudson.

Police will think it's a suicide

(:wtf:, Jessica Jones show)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

"Now that he's hidden under this tarp, we can pretend he doesn't exist! Problem solved forever!"