Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/ChurchofSatan/status/1094241840503640064

This is the hedonist satanists, not the religious “freedom” double standard exposing Satanic Temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Platystemon posted:

https://twitter.com/ChurchofSatan/status/1094241840503640064

This is the hedonist satanists, not the religious “freedom” double standard exposing Satanic Temple.

Which ones are the libertarians?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Which ones are the libertarians?

Church of Satan

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
LeVeyan Satanism is admittedly Ayn Rand with occult dressing. They don't hide it. Church of Satan is also atheist and therefore do not believe in a literal god or the devil, which is loving boring.

Babylon Astronaut fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 16, 2019

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Platystemon posted:

Church of Satan

Is there a literal "people's front of Judea Vs Judaean people's front" thing happening here?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
We praise you our half inflated dark lord

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

jojoinnit posted:

Is there a literal "people's front of Judea Vs Judaean people's front" thing happening here?

No.

The Satanic Temple isn’t an offshoot of the Church of Satan.

They have very different purposes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, some satanists just use it as a metaphor for self-actualization and are either atheistic or agnostic, and some satanists literally, actually worship the biblical figure Satan and believe he exists.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Growing up evangelical I thought that honest-to-god child-sacrificing blood-drinking Satanists would be way more of a thing than they actually are. I think any "Satanic ritual murders" are like one-offs and not part of any actual religious thing

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There has never been a single case of a satanic cult that killed anyone. Sometimes a serial killer will say they worship satan.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

jojoinnit posted:

It's more that they're trying to oppose the same people, and those people use Satan as a name for everyone who oppose them, so gently caress it let's just lean into it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

zoux posted:

Growing up evangelical I thought that honest-to-god child-sacrificing blood-drinking Satanists would be way more of a thing than they actually are. I think any "Satanic ritual murders" are like one-offs and not part of any actual religious thing

The Satanic Panic of the 80s (and into the 90s) was tremendously hosed up and gave lots of small town cops an excuse to pin poo poo on weirdos they didn't like and cover up their embarrassingly inability to do any type of real investigation. See: the Cameron Todd Willingham case in Texas or the West Memphis Three. This is especially tragic as the whole endeavor was mostly a fundraising tactic for megachurches and televangelists.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Endorph posted:

Yeah, some satanists just use it as a metaphor for self-actualization and are either atheistic or agnostic, and some satanists literally, actually worship the biblical figure Satan and believe he exists.

Most “Satanists,” including both Church of Satan and Satanic Temple, are essentially edgy atheists trolling fundamentalists Christians. Satanists who non-ironically worship the biblical Satan are rare almost to the point of non-existence, and I don’t think there’s a single organized group of them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ague Proof posted:

It's a joke name.

I posted that before I saw the other posts.

80 Satanic panic, is something I studied seriously, wrote a very long essay on it in university. I've also posted about it in this thread a bunch of times because Q is just the same leftovers warmed up and velveeta dumped on it. The really upsetting thing I found about Satanic Panics of the 80s wasn't the big stuff, like the McMartin Preschool or stuff like Turmoil in the Toybox, but the smaller cases where some runaway kid was found dead in a abandoned building, and someone in the community would notice a Pentagram or 666 or some other generic devil symbol was graffiti'd somewhere near the body, and either the police or "concerned citizens" would bring in an "expert on satanism" and they take over the investigation though bullying and intimidation. Even before the cause of death was found in some cases, they had suspects because it would be the metal head kid who drew skulls on their notebook. Even if the cause of death was found to be drug overdose or exposure it was still attirbuted to Satanists. Luckly in a lot of cases when they went to trial is was tossed out because the Experts tended to be nothing buy self appointed jackasses who has zero actual training in investigation, and most of their information came form pop culture. You can watch a bunch of amusing videos on youtube that are silly, but were taken super seriously at the time.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sucrose posted:

Most “Satanists,” including both Church of Satan and Satanic Temple, are essentially edgy atheists trolling fundamentalists Christians. Satanists who non-ironically worship the biblical Satan are rare almost to the point of non-existence, and I don’t think there’s a single organized group of them.

Vox has a very good article on the history of the Satanic Panic. It's interesting how closely it parallels QAnon. I guess we can thank our fractured media landscape for Q not turning into a more mainstream phenomenon.

twistedmentat posted:

You can watch a bunch of amusing videos on youtube that are silly, but were taken super seriously at the time.

Seriously. The Satanic Panic legitimately ruined a lot of lives. Like, imagine if your local news had a "this raises interesting points" story about Q. (And also imagine it was back when, like, local news was actually watched by people.)

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 16, 2019

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sucrose posted:

There are several organized congregations out there of people who non-ironically worship Satan, but they unfortunately tend to be very boring.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LanceHunter posted:

Seriously. The Satanic Panic legitimately ruined a lot of lives. Like, imagine if your local news had a "this raises interesting points" story about Q. (And also imagine it was back when, like, local news was actually watched by people.)

Yea, or someone who makes Q videos on youtube coming into the local police to tell them how to investigate.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

pseudanonymous posted:

These just make me laugh so hard. It's kind of delightful how they can come up with this word salad logic to continue to justify anything.

And it seems like the *correct* date always just happens to be right around the corner! It's such a happy little accident, it makes me wonder if Bob Ross fakes his death to go underground and become Q.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/StormIsUponUs/status/1097252205248172033

Government weather control is good now fellas

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

And it seems like the *correct* date always just happens to be right around the corner! It's such a happy little accident, it makes me wonder if Bob Ross fakes his death to go underground and become Q.

It's amazing, because the Qults have invested so much into Q being real, that they are willing to just accept anything.

If they stop, all their family that they alienated would have been right and they'd laugh at them for spending all the their time looking at the shapes Trump makes with his hands and decoding his sausage finger texts.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/StormIsUponUs/status/1097252205248172033

Government weather control is good now fellas

CA is going to have a very, very bad fire season next year.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

twistedmentat posted:

It's amazing, because the Qults have invested so much into Q being real, that they are willing to just accept anything.

If they stop, all their family that they alienated would have been right and they'd laugh at them for spending all the their time looking at the shapes Trump makes with his hands and decoding his sausage finger texts.

So what happens when you have that moment in your own head where you realize that Q isn't real and/or nothing relating to Q is going to happen? Yes I know some of these people are completely delusional but there have to be a few who have this sinking feeling that they've been duped. So now what? I can't think of anything so humbling than having to admit to something like that.

I remember back when the Winter Olympics were in Vancouver and on some forum (maybe GLP) there was this constant talk of a false flag attack at the games to some nefarious end. One poster talked about how he had tried to warn his family and how his grandmother was just not all that interested no matter how much he tried to tell her. So then the Olympics happen and we all know what happened...it must really suck to have that feeling of total wrongness.

It's no wonder that these people have so many layers and levels of defenses against actually being wrong.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Local Weather posted:

So what happens when you have that moment in your own head where you realize that Q isn't real and/or nothing relating to Q is going to happen? Yes I know some of these people are completely delusional but there have to be a few who have this sinking feeling that they've been duped. So now what? I can't think of anything so humbling than having to admit to something like that.

For most people, it become another layer of the onion that they've now decoded. "Aha, Q was actually a clever fake, but I've seen through it now, and it's actually Big Pharma that's behind things, using vaccinations to..."

It can be anything, but they are deeply dedicated to being the masters of hidden truth.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Local Weather posted:

I remember back when the Winter Olympics were in Vancouver and on some forum (maybe GLP) there was this constant talk of a false flag attack at the games to some nefarious end. One poster talked about how he had tried to warn his family and how his grandmother was just not all that interested no matter how much he tried to tell her. So then the Olympics happen and we all know what happened...it must really suck to have that feeling of total wrongness.

It's no wonder that these people have so many layers and levels of defenses against actually being wrong.

When you're at this level of crazy deluded, being forced to totally and finally admit that you were wrong about everything is easily the kind of depression that could result in suicide or a violent outburst. Especially in the case where your delusion is "Everything is actually fine and Trump is secretly about to win and create my personal utopia." Because then you have no choice but to admit that Trump is actually a corrupt racist with dementia who doesn't have a clue what he's doing, your party is splintering, Mueller isn't actually working for you, and all the signs that poo poo's not going your way are really signs that poo poo's not going your way.

I feel like the best kind of comparison would be a devout fundamentalist Christian being presented with irrefutable proof that God doesn't exist and there's no afterlife.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
So, has anyone made a QAnon markov bot yet.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

chitoryu12 posted:

I feel like the best kind of comparison would be a devout fundamentalist Christian being presented with irrefutable proof that God doesn't exist and there's no afterlife.

Or like that time Pee Wee went to look for the basement at the Alamo and found out the hard way that there's no basement at the Alamo!

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
found this gem on q facebook:

pretty cool diary entry about becoming full blown schizophrenic lmao

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

eighty-four merc posted:

The overuse of ellipses needs to be added to a universal mental health screening questionnaire.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Everyone: *through sobs* you can't just say that everyone is trans... please

QAnon: *points at Eric Clapton flying past* trans

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

post bobs and virginia

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

eighty-four merc posted:

It’s pretty telling for the Q crowd that one of the sure signs of someone eating babies is “is trans”. It’s not that they’re bigots on the losing end of a culture war that is showing them to be said bigots, it’s that there is a secret Satanic global Jewish Run Cabal that eats children’s brains to make people transgender! It’s just that the Cabal has grown to be pretty much any public figure they don’t like (everyone not Trump or his immediate family) that suddenly literally everyone is trans now

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Who guessed Don Jr was q

https://twitter.com/Tankie_Viciedo/status/1097609564210503685

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1097700904067686400

Nice try Illuminati

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The Narrator posted:

Everyone: *through sobs* you can't just say that everyone is trans... please

QAnon: *points at Eric Clapton flying past* trans

I guess he's got them on their knees.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Called it!

(I also called Roger Stone before, but whatever) :)

It's also the least surprising thing ever to find out dipshit Jr. posts on chan sites

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1097878624680796165

The Justice, seemingly at ease in a pair of Ray-Bans, was accompanied to her place by her two new clerks, Jonathan Silverman and Andrew McCarthy.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

eighty-four merc posted:

I seriously wish their delusional world where transitioning is so easy that the majority of famous people are in fact trans was the case instead of the actual one where I might have been clocked and assaulted at the loving grocery today.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1097878624680796165

The Justice, seemingly at ease in a pair of Ray-Bans, was accompanied to her place by her two new clerks, Jonathan Silverman and Andrew McCarthy.

They just needed extra time for the cloning vat to finish.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1097921882685267968

qanons ya probably don't want to start tugging on that thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1097921882685267968

qanons ya probably don't want to start tugging on that thread

"This one is just to hard for me to accept. It would take way too many people to hide it, including supreme court justices."

This is a trait I find particularly annoying when it crops up in conspiracists. The lack of cognitive ability required to take a thought and apply it to something you are not currently thinking about.

That thought is literally the only thought you need to basically disprove all the major conspiracies.