Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Are there any decent four in a bed rip offs outside of the Australian one on Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

that aussie netflix one is brilliant

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Series 8 taskmaster contestants list is out.

Iain Stirling
Lou Sanders
Paul Sinha
Sian Gibson
Joe Thomas

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Tsietisin posted:

Iain Stirling
Lou Sanders
Paul Sinha
Sian Gibson
Joe Thomas

Who?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I know none of those people

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Paul Sinha is off the chase, but he's also a stand up comedian and pretty funny. And I'm guessing that's the Inbetweeners Joe Thomas.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Iain Stirling is the love Island narrator.
Sian Gibson is from car share.
Joe Thomas is indeed the Inbetweeners guy.
Lou Sanders is a stand up comedian.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tsietisin posted:

Iain Stirling
Lou Sanders
Paul Sinha
Sian Gibson
Joe Thomas

Taskmaster has suffered from making too many series too quickly.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Thing is though, I've gone into some of the seasons knowing nobody and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Better than seeing the same faces on every panel show ever, as long as they are funny then I don't care if I've never heard of them!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It’s not just the anonymous contestants it’s the feeling like it never ends. It’s over saturated and has lost its charm.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

Iain Stirling
Lou Sanders
Paul Sinha
Sian Gibson
Joe Thomas

Dogshit. Just let bob be in it every season

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I have heard on the grapevine that paul sinha is a nob

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's a massively underwhelming list, there's not a single name that could really be seen as a draw. I always liked the use of older comedy legend so far, but Paul Sinha does not fit that bill.

That being said, Lou Sanders seems entertaining from what I've seen of her, so I'll just have to hope she shines.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't watched any Taskmaster. Should I start from the 1st one and pile through it?

I did just watch all of Shipwrecked because I wanted something like Survivor. It's nothing like Survivor...

Though I still had fun watching it. It was interesting to see a bunch of 20 year olds trying to out cool the other island, and it was refreshing in an anti-Survivor type of show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yes, that's how I watched Taskmaster and the first series is really good. (I watched the backlog while watching S7 live, which worked well I thought).

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Watch it backwards so it gets better as you watch it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pissflaps posted:

Watch it backwards so it gets better as you watch it.

S7 is the best one though

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I have to say that's an underwhelming line-up.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I haven't watched any Taskmaster. Should I start from the 1st one and pile through it?
I'd start with 1 but the only bad place to start would be S6 which is by far the weakest line-up and generally lacked the stuff that makes Taskmaster work.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Watch in order so you can see the growing disparity between the chair heights of Greg and Alex.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
It's a really boring lineup. So far there's only been at most one person I didn't know in the lineup and while I guess I know 3 of them in this one (Inbetweeners guy, Sinha and Sian) none of them are very exciting.
Wonder if this is why it's taken so long to announce them?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

What even is Taskmaster and why do you all have about it? Whose the best guest they have had on?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

What even is Taskmaster and why do you all have about it? Whose the best guest they have had on?

Bob

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I did just watch all of Shipwrecked because I wanted something like Survivor. It's nothing like Survivor...

Though I still had fun watching it. It was interesting to see a bunch of 20 year olds trying to out cool the other island, and it was refreshing in an anti-Survivor type of show.

The only reason to watch shipwrecked is to ogle the bikini clad girls, it was popular solely for that back when I was in Uni.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wooger posted:

The only reason to watch shipwrecked is to ogle the bikini clad girls, it was popular solely for that back when I was in Uni.

I didn't watch the old ones. I just watched the current relaunch. I thought it was refreshing to see a group of people trying to get along opposed to Survivor where they are trying to cut each other's throats.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PriorMarcus posted:

5 guests that last the entirety of the season, each episode is split between a live taping of them in a theatre with each other and video playback of tasks they were all set previously to see how they did.

It’s very funny, and the tasks are well thought out. I definitely put it on my ‘I’ll get around to trying it someday’ pile for too long. It’s very addictive and good from the first episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PriorMarcus posted:

They've had a bunch of great people including Joe Lycett, James Acaster, Rhod Gilbert, Bob Mortimer, Mel from Mel and Sue, Katherine Ryan, Aisling Bea, Hugh Dennis, Al Murray, Kerry Godliman and Nish Kumar

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I’m looking forward to the Sinhaman but meh on the rest. Joe Thomas is dull as dishwater

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I know this thread is sometimes a parody of itself but Siân Gibson won a loving BAFTA for co-writing and starring in one of the best (and most watched) comedies of the last five years and goons are going who? ffs.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Total Meatlove posted:

I know this thread is sometimes a parody of itself but Siân Gibson won a loving BAFTA for co-writing and starring in one of the best (and most watched) comedies of the last five years and goons are going who? ffs.

As if anyone on this forum is going to watch a Peter loving Kay show (thanks Wikipedia!)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Haven’t watched Peter Kay since he said garlic bread.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Garlic bread?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I distinctly remember positive discussion about Car Share last year in this thread. Has TV gotten so shite it is giving everyone amnesia now?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's hard for me to care about anything Peter Kay does these days. The man is responsible for the career of Paddy McGuinness.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SeanBeansShako posted:

I distinctly remember positive discussion about Car Share last year in this thread. Has TV gotten so shite it is giving everyone amnesia now?

Peter Kay has always been a bag of festering turds

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
But it was a good program though?

And the actress you guys are bagging on isn't him.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

But it was a good program though?

And the actress you guys are bagging on isn't him.

Nobody is saying she's bad, just that a lot of people (including me) didn't watch car share because of Peter Kay.

Still. I know who she is because she's been on Inside Number 9 and some coach thing with Jonny Vegas.
She's usually the straight man though, not often the Joker. That also applies to the Inbetweeners guy

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Taear posted:

Nobody is saying she's bad, just that a lot of people (including me) didn't watch car share because of Peter Kay.

Car share was great.

Peter Kay’s standup became ultra poo poo as he didn’t write any new material for years and years. It was a bit broad and old school for me to begin with, but not offensively bad compared to hacks like McIntyre.

Hated All Paddy McGuinness related TV since it’s inception.

Car share still great.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Also Phoenix Nights is still fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Also Phoenix Nights is still fantastic.

I dunno if it's because I live where he's from but it's a bit like the royale family to me - it's not funny because it's just....real life.