Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

loving idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
LMAO @ sabotaging the Tokyo deal already

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
here is video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-tTwFawKNs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Britain is the has-been starlet of geopolitics

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So their plan is to run in labour marginals which means they're expressly trying to gently caress over corbyn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

So their plan is to run in labour marginals which means they're expressly trying to gently caress over corbyn

this is the only way to stop Brexit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao they are calling themselves The Independent Group

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Jose posted:

lmao they are calling themselves The Independent Group

What a shite name, the independent group that wants to be in the EU.
Though they ought to double down on their stupid name by calling themselves the United Kingdom Independent Group. UKIG for short.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
United Kingdom Unified Neutral Team

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

:geno:

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
The neat bit is how through cynically weaponising a second ref to attack Corbyn, against the People's Vote people's wishes, they have made it a melt shibboleth and destroyed any remaining chance of Labour coming around to one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Lol

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

lol no one under the age of 50 is going to be interested in them.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I really thought chukka umumna would be the leader of the Labour Party at some point, probably immediately after the defenestration of corbyn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they won't poll 5%

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

They said in their conference one of the biggest reasons for splitting was the rampant antisemitism of the leader of the party. This Jeremy Corbyn fellow sounds like a monster!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

how about you hold a conference to tell everyone what, explicitly, these whispered allegations of anti semitism are

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A lot of it for luciana berger is randoms on twitter who are obviously labour party members as a result

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamRamsay/status/1097456852860846080

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/StrictlySid/status/1097442199820816385

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

LMAO @ sabotaging the Tokyo deal already

Apparently this was the UK's position:

quote:

The differences of position, which the Hunt/Fox letter acknowledges as “challenging issues”, centre around Japan’s refusal to accept a simple “cut and paste” of the terms of the EU-Japan agreement ratified last year.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChrisLeslieMP/status/917299445863247872

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Jel Shaker posted:

I really thought chukka umumna would be the leader of the Labour Party at some point, probably immediately after the defenestration of corbyn

He thought this too, but obviously he wasn't willing to wait for Corbyn to fall and the left to give up on Labour again

I love the 'no leaders' thing, which is either an attempt to have no primary target for the media or because they all wanted to be in charge

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Also, lol, it's already corrupt

https://twitter.com/danielhowdon/status/1097444784543801344?s=19

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So how many MPs left?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wow, that's quite the force they got. They are really are going to keep Labour down with that. Seriously who beyond lib dem likely voters will back them?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there are rumours they intend to stand in labour marginals to stop Corbyn becoming PM but who loving knows

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

there are rumours they intend to stand in labour marginals to stop Corbyn becoming PM but who loving knows

And who is going to support them in those circumstances? Like do they think anyone is going to support a party in 2022 that's entire thing is "We can't make things better, bring the 1990s back". Like who is their constituency? Because by 2022 I doubt people's vote would be a campaign issue. Like i highly doubt they'll be getting Labour votes or even potential labour voters in that situation.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

local politics still is very much put a rosette on a Labrador and people will vote for it anyway

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The rumour is that they're the outriders, and some remaining MPs will put an ultimatum to Corbyn about anti semitism, and then follow out the door. They'll also be more credible (to centrist) if they can lure over a few Tories.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Apparently this was the UK's position:

loving lol. They thought this would be easy because they think they can just go out and get exactly the same agreement as the EU. They are that stupid.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I don't understand exactly what benefit Ummuna is expecting to derive from this. Even if they manage to hand the tories another government and corbyn is ousted as a result, surely everyone involved with this debacle will be radioactive and never see any actual political benefit whatsoever.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

tarbrush posted:

The rumour is that they're the outriders, and some remaining MPs will put an ultimatum to Corbyn about anti semitism, and then follow out the door. They'll also be more credible (to centrist) if they can lure over a few Tories.

I think after this launch this probably won't go according to plan!

30.5 Days posted:

I don't understand exactly what benefit Ummuna is expecting to derive from this. Even if they manage to hand the tories another government and corbyn is ousted as a result, surely everyone involved with this debacle will be radioactive and never see any actual political benefit whatsoever.

They're really loving stupid and awful at politics OP. Or they want to exit to political commentator position very quickly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Crowsbeak posted:

And who is going to support them in those circumstances? Like do they think anyone is going to support a party in 2022 that's entire thing is "We can't make things better, bring the 1990s back". Like who is their constituency? Because by 2022 I doubt people's vote would be a campaign issue. Like i highly doubt they'll be getting Labour votes or even potential labour voters in that situation.

They don't really need to convince many people peel off, a couple hundred Labour voters in Amber Rudd's seat or Ian Duncan Smith's or Anna Soubry and they can ensure Tories hold Labour targets.

And that's all they want, to play spoiler.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

forkboy84 posted:

They don't really need to convince many people peel off, a couple hundred Labour voters in Amber Rudd's seat or Ian Duncan Smith's or Anna Soubry and they can ensure Tories hold Labour targets.

And that's all they want, to play spoiler.

Yeah, I somewhat suspect any potential voters in actuality would be people who were either going to sit out the election of vote lib dem. I suspect this isn't going to work as they thought.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

30.5 Days posted:

He was about to get deselected. This is them jumping before they are pushed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

his former CLP are writing to him demanding a by-election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

30.5 Days posted:

I don't understand exactly what benefit Ummuna is expecting to derive from this.

by the looks of how they structure their "party" and who backs them: money