Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Threatened a TTC wannabe cop neckbeard today, still pissed off going to drink more and watch drag race

Toronto is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bilirubin posted:

I'm the cafeteria at Sick Kids

the saddest place in the city?

google is real weird about listings at that zoom level for some reason.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

paul_soccer10 posted:

Threatened a TTC wannabe cop neckbeard today, still pissed off going to drink more and watch drag race

those guys will gently caress your poo poo up given the opportunity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQnyLIp7EE

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bilirubin posted:

I'm the cafeteria at Sick Kids

now we're talkin'

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

hey Toronto goons i lived downtown near queen and Bathurst for 10+ years, finally got away from that hellhole 4 years ago

anything changed in the last few years? are people still extremely fake and lovely. the only thing i noticed last time i went is everyone uses Ubereats now lol

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

those guys will gently caress your poo poo up given the opportunity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQnyLIp7EE

I love how the video of a person assaulting someone still uses the term "alleged."

In any case, most TTC mall cops aren't special constables, and you should still abuse all of them. If somebody other then a special constable tries to talk to you, just walk away and make them call the constable.

xtal has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Feb 17, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm headed out to play shinny with my kids and a bunch neighborhood kids and dads, then I'm coming home for pulled pork I've got slow cooking.

If your Toronto experience is lacking fun or excitement, might I suggest you're doing it wrong?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rocks posted:

hey Toronto goons i lived downtown near queen and Bathurst for 10+ years, finally got away from that hellhole 4 years ago

anything changed in the last few years? are people still extremely fake and lovely. the only thing i noticed last time i went is everyone uses Ubereats now lol

Tortilla Flats no longer has a pool table?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tortilla Flats closed last year.

And Hideout is now an upscale Taco Bell.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

:rip:

Although it was never the same once it moved from Spadina

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw a snow leopard and a baby pigmy hippo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Wonder what will eventually move into the Bovine

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Wonder what will eventually move into the Bovine

a tiki bar.

p.s.

...it's already a tiki bar

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

I saw a snow leopard and a baby pigmy hippo

so how was your day at the mirror anyway?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

a tiki bar.

p.s.

...it's already a tiki bar

But now where are closeted dudes from the suburbs supposed to go meet... OOOOOHHHHH

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Marie Curtis park, same as always.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

so how was your day at the mirror anyway?

😤

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Marie Curtis park, same as always.

this is like a canpol deep cut, a blast from the past

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i used to hate toronto but now i think it's fine, probably a top ten North American city

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

drat! used to love that place

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

They just moved up to the College strip, they're next to Sneaky Dee's now.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
every city in canada sucks rear end

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The only rear end here is you ya hoser

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer10 posted:

whatever drake. Stop pretending it's a good city. It's never going to happen #weTheNirth

Please do not baselessly accuse people of being pedophiles OP

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Baloogan posted:

every city in canada sucks rear end

Winnipeg has good waffles

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:bederper:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Jun 16, 2021

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
lmao, winnipeg

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Real talk: Between the snowsuits, the perms and the black fly bites, how can you tell?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Winnipeg also has lots of dudes named Glen, Barry, and Gordon who will sell you an oldsmobile which you can drive to get waffles. For some reason the stereo will only play "Takin' Care of Business."

But the waffles are loving great.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

punished milkman posted:

lmao, winnipeg

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Winnipeg also has lots of dudes named Glen, Barry, and Gordon who will sell you an oldsmobile which you can drive to get waffles. For some reason the stereo will only play "Takin' Care of Business."

Let’s be honest, what other music do you need?!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Arivia posted:

Let’s be honest, what other music do you need?!

"No Sugar Tonight."

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
all cities are bad, just lol if you don't live in the woods

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wooooods

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also srs lol trudeau has a friend named butts who quit because trudeau is so stupid that a corruption made him fire a woman (!) and a navtive canadian (!!!!) which is like, against the constitutation

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Don't draw him boxing against her though, that's almost as bad as giving someone a flying elbow-drop in teh boob

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gerald butts resigned and the liberals are now trailing the cpc by 5 points in the most recent post-snc polls, gently caress the loving liberals jfc

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
the United We Roll convoy passed near my hometown today, from the signs it appears they are raising awareness of the secret ISIS camps that Trudeau is conspiring with the UN globalists to build in Scarborough so power to 'em I says

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

CommonShore posted:

this is true, im at a point in my life where i miss winnipeg and im trying to find employment and housing there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Where are these good waffles?

I've been reading up on labour history in Canada and Winnipeg is good again in my eyes.