Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Tomorrow is the big day here in Michigan, friends! Marijuana will finally be legal!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Friends, I got very high and was able to help answer a bunch of peoples questions about legalization and it owned. Now it's the weekend!!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Once all countries legalize the healing can begin.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I am going to California to stay with my family for a couple weeks. What should I look for in dispensaries, especially edible-wise? I don't enjoy smoking much because I have severe asthma, but vaping is cool.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If they're like the WA shops you can get disposable all-in-one oil pens starting at 30ish, and 10 packs of various edibles for around that also. Look for a cooler and check out the sodas.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
watchout the distillate pens will f your b up if you don't have a tolerance. start with like literally a one second puff and hold it in for 10 seconds plus

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm an on an Ice cream kick recently and this stuff

Is next level incredible when the munchies strike.

There just one problem. It's uh, a little calorie dense.

Oh and it's $8 bucks a pint.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

3 servings my rear end

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

The Dregs posted:

I am going to California to stay with my family for a couple weeks. What should I look for in dispensaries, especially edible-wise? I don't enjoy smoking much because I have severe asthma, but vaping is cool.

Due to our new laws, all edibles will be a maximum of 10mg per "piece" and 100mg per package. If its a package of cookies, it will be 10 mini cookies that are each 10mg. Or a 100mg chocolate bar that's scored into 10mg pieces. So don't waste time trying to find the strongest thing, since they're all dosed the same now. 100mg limit per package makes edibles pretty expensive now. Generally speaking, the drinks and some of the gummies will take effect a little faster than the chocolates and baked goods.

If you're going to be buying cartridges, take note of what others have said about the potency. A lot of cartridges sold here are 75%+ THC, with many hovering around 90%, so it's REAL strong if you're not used to it. You can find some that are in the 60% range, but it takes some searching sometimes. My favorite brands for cartridges are Select and Bloom Farms (not the same as Bloom). ASCND if you want the ~90% potency kind. I also like Legion of Bloom, Jetty, and Kurvana is pretty decent for a low price point.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Oh wow. Ok, that is news. Ah the menus had edibles ranging up to 1200 mg for the syrups. I guess this law makes it easier to pick, though. I'll just buy whatever looks tasty.

Can you buy just the juice or something similar?I already have a vape.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Dregs posted:

Oh wow. Ok, that is news. Ah the menus had edibles ranging up to 1200 mg for the syrups. I guess this law makes it easier to pick, though. I'll just buy whatever looks tasty.

you can buy syringes of just the oil. though personally i just get prefilled cartridges its a lot easier. depending on what kind of vape you have there may be cartridges designed for it or it may be able to use the "standard" size which is 510 threaded

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

The Dregs posted:

As far as the edibles go, there is a loophole where some products can be over 100mg/package, but only people with a medical rec can buy those. And since most companies assume that 95% of their business is going to be recreational customers, they pretty much all immediately revamped their products to comply with the recreational law.

The other thing is that there are still plenty of companies and dispensaries that are not operating legally. You can probably find some higher potency edibles that way, but if you're buying non-legal products at a non-legal dispensary, then there's a good chance that they're just making poo poo up when it comes to their claims about potency, and who knows what the hell is actually in there. That was actually a common problem before we passed the law the restricted the strength and required testing.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I still live in an illegal state (Illinois) and wish I could get edibles here.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Axetrain posted:

Hell, I just wished they worked for me. I live in an illegal state (Texas) and I just assumed all the edibles I got down here were poo poo, but when my wife and I visited Denver and hit up a proper dispensary I discovered that even commercial edibles have absolutely no effect on me.

The nice woman at the dispensary told me that a small percentage of people just lack an enzyme or something necessary in converting the THC in your body, but I wasn't sure if that was true and, even if it was, I had no idea if I was one of those people or if my tolerance is way out of whack.

I decided to test the day we left, so I bought a 100mg bar and ate the whole thing before we got into the Uber ride to the airport. I started feeling some faint tingling in my legs in security, but by the time I hit the terminal it was gone forever.

I've always wanted to try those 500mg "stars of death" that I'd always see Joey Diaz talk about (before he gave up edibles altogether) to see if I am truly incapable of using edibles, but it looks like those aren't being made anymore now that legal states are regulating potency. :shrug:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I got this Starry dry herb vape and some dry flowers for the first time. I picked a cheap indica called Mendocino Purps and I really wasnt ready for how it's kind of gross. I hope the 9lb Hammer tastes better.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Smoked herb for the first time in a year tonight because gently caress you it's my birthday tomorrow

I wish it was possible to get this exact high with concentrates. Herb high is so mellow and happy in comparison for me.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDIT dont DRUNK POST

maker fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 14, 2018

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Hell, I just wished they worked for me. I live in an illegal state (Texas) and I just assumed all the edibles I got down here were poo poo, but when my wife and I visited Denver and hit up a proper dispensary I discovered that even commercial edibles have absolutely no effect on me.

The nice woman at the dispensary told me that a small percentage of people just lack an enzyme or something necessary in converting the THC in your body, but I wasn't sure if that was true and, even if it was, I had no idea if I was one of those people or if my tolerance is way out of whack.

I decided to test the day we left, so I bought a 100mg bar and ate the whole thing before we got into the Uber ride to the airport. I started feeling some faint tingling in my legs in security, but by the time I hit the terminal it was gone forever.

I've always wanted to try those 500mg "stars of death" that I'd always see Joey Diaz talk about (before he gave up edibles altogether) to see if I am truly incapable of using edibles, but it looks like those aren't being made anymore now that legal states are regulating potency. :shrug:

I can vape fine but edibles haven't so far made it through my system. Even when I was 100% weed free 5-10mg didn't really do much like it does to most people. Given the cost even in a legal state its not worth it vs vaping when it doesn't work for poo poo anyway. Some point when I have less tolerance again I'll give it another go but like you I've mostly forgotten the idea

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 14, 2018

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kamikaze Raider posted:

now that legal states are regulating potency. :shrug:

LethalGeek posted:

Given the cost even in a legal state its not worth it vs vaping when it doesn't work for poo poo anyway. Some point when I have less tolerance again I'll give it another go

just avoid commercial edibles, go get some cheap flower from a dispensary and make your own extremely high potency edibles at home next time you want to try

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've had really good luck with edibles here in Michigan. I'm actually going to edible town in a few here! I had like 50ish mg, so it's gonna be video game time in short order

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

I've had really good luck with edibles here in Michigan. I'm actually going to edible town in a few here! I had like 50ish mg, so it's gonna be video game time in short order

motor city cannabites are good

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

motor city cannabites are good

Those 10mg strips are the best thing ever. All of my friends who don't smoke regularly love them because its a hella good 10mg and I love it because there's 20 of 'em in a pack.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1097276995845738497?s=19

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Axetrain posted:

can you get weed and brownie mix

itt i respond to a 2 month old post :weed:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

poverty goat posted:

can you get weed and brownie mix

itt i respond to a 2 month old post :weed:

I thought it was important to raise awareness.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I got a dry herb vape this weekend and I'm a changed man. Not quite the hit that shatter gives but its not as messy and clean up is easier.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I got a dry herb vape this weekend and I'm a changed man. Not quite the hit that shatter gives but its not as messy and clean up is easier.

Dry herb vape pulled through a bubbler is the best weed experience money can buy

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

oh my this thread is alive once again

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It never died, we just forgot to post in it

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

EDIT: Sorry I spaced and double posted

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have the whole vape setup but there's something about hitting the bong that just works for me

sorry lungs

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

poverty goat posted:

Dry herb vape pulled through a bubbler is the best weed experience money can buy

100% truth. Got water adapters and bubblers for both my main vapes and they make the experience so much more enjoyable without the harshness or throat irritation. They significantly cool down the vapour without having to turn down the vape temp, allow you to take enormous hits, and gets you even higher than dry hot air. The only downside is that the flavour is diminished and the vapour is not as visible, but if you're looking to get wrecked then it's not really a big deal.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

i have the whole vape setup but there's something about hitting the bong that just works for me

sorry lungs

I still use a glass vaporgenie on a bong and it's the best of both worlds. It's got the oomph of a $300+ electric vape that can fog the bong and make you cough with no warmup time, plus the soothing bong+lighter form factor

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i still enjoy smoking a joint more than any other form of weed

for practical reasons an oil cartridge vape is what i actually use most of the time but theres nothing like a joint out in the sun especially in nature

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Earwicker posted:

for practical reasons an oil cartridge vape is what i actually use most of the time but theres nothing like a joint out in the sun especially in nature

I love joints when the weather is nice but a few days of that and I remember why I dont combust the weed anymore (dry cough/morning lung butter, and blowing through weed twice as fast)

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Earwicker posted:

Years and years of smoking a drinking have ruined me so I get 2 or 3 puffs into a join and I have to stop. Oil and wax vapes are a little better but I don't like the flavoring in the oils and wax can be pungent and messy.

At least with the dry vape I can start at a low temp to "warm up" if you will and after a few puffs I'll increase the amount. Plus the clouds are small so it doesn't look like I'm hosting a SoundCloud convention in my living room.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i prefer oil vapes over dry herb vapes mainly for the convenience. if i have to go work in some illegal states or another country, bringing an oil pen and a couple cartrdiges is so much easier than trying to either carry around dry herb or find a hookup wherever im working

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Dregs posted:

I am going to California to stay with my family for a couple weeks. What should I look for in dispensaries, especially edible-wise?
What part of Ca? Los Angeles' city attourney/DA have a map of all the licensed dispensaries in the county. That might help if you're looking for a "legit" place.

I went to get some full spectrum CBD oil (turns out it does jack poo poo for me, yay) and the dispensary I visited in the middle of Hollywood had big windows and a chill indie coffee shop vibe. The tenders were all nice (attractive, approachable, informative), and their selection was pretty good with a big variety. Prices were pretty high thanks to the tax, but overall it was a good experience. Sucks that it's mostly cash only though.

There's also a delivery service/app called Eaze that works with dispensaries in your local area. You need to upload your ID or DL and there's like a 30 minute verification process, but after that it's just add to cart and wait for the driver to deliver. Decent selection of edibles and vapes but no drinks. Had good experience with the Punch brand of edibles and Plus gummies.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 18, 2019

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

I still use a glass vaporgenie on a bong and it's the best of both worlds. It's got the oomph of a $300+ electric vape that can fog the bong and make you cough with no warmup time, plus the soothing bong+lighter form factor

i have a vapexhale with a whip to my regular bong. it's a beast. over time i always go back to smoking though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Sorry I spaced and double posted