Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

actionjackson posted:

Wait destiny spergs do I want CB mod on the ringing nail? based recoil direction is 69 (lol) so the mod would make it 84

I think Precision Frame Autos have an inherent boost that isn't reflected in their stats. "This weapon's recoil pattern is more predictably vertical." I tried a Ringing Nail at 69 and at 84 and honestly couldn't tell the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think Precision Frame Autos have an inherent boost that isn't reflected in their stats. "This weapon's recoil pattern is more predictably vertical." I tried a Ringing Nail at 69 and at 84 and honestly couldn't tell the difference.

okay cool

Do you know how many different BA mods there are? I assume it's all just RNG trying to get the dragonfly one from the vendor. My last two were garbage.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The fact that numbers don't reflect for some things is pure bungie

Hey, remember when poo poo looked awesome?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yes that sniper does look pretty awesome. I totally forgot about it. It blinded people I think?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Slow firing AR is pretty easy to control anyway so part of that is just muscle memory and handling. It would be more tactile on a 600 or 720 AR where the recoil starts to run away from you very easily or on pulses where the impulse is hard to counter during the burst.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

actionjackson posted:

okay cool

Do you know how many different BA mods there are? I assume it's all just RNG trying to get the dragonfly one from the vendor. My last two were garbage.

Rampage
Dragonfly
Quick Access Sling
Sprint Grip
Surrounded Spec
Radar Booster

Despite being only 6 options, I blew 4,000 Gunsmith Parts on 160 gunsmith mods on 16 chances and I got zero Rampage or Dragonfly mods, grrr

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Did they fix the dragonfly mod to not suck?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Autos have inherent perks

Rapid-Fire Frame
Deeper ammo reserves. Slightly faster reload when magazine is empty.

Adaptive Frame
A well-rounded grip, reliable and sturdy.

Precision Frame
This weapon's recoil pattern is more predictably vertical.

High-Impact Frame
Slow-firing and high-damage. This weapon is more accurate when stationary and aiming down sights.

Some of them are clear what they do (Rapid Fire), some are unclear what, if anything they do (Adaptive) and some even have bonuses that don't match the perk description (High Impact has an HCR effect on anyone it hits)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Rampage
Dragonfly
Quick Access Sling
Sprint Grip
Surrounded Spec
Radar Booster

Despite being only 6 options, I blew 4,000 Gunsmith Parts on 160 gunsmith mods on 16 chances and I got zero Rampage or Dragonfly mods, grrr

yeah the last two are garbage. prob sprint grip too. is quick access sling like enhanced quickdraw?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

actionjackson posted:

okay cool

based on my history with BA mods there’s Quick Access Sling and that’s it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

based on my history with BA mods there’s Quick Access Sling and that’s it

It’s called Quick Access Sling because when you get your 10th in a row you do a 360 and quickly access your disk drive to sling it across the room

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heh, game discs. I tried to boot up Rock Band 4 over the weekend and it said "Insert Disc" and I realized I will never again play Rock Band 4

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

actionjackson posted:

yeah the last two are garbage. prob sprint grip too. is quick access sling like enhanced quickdraw?

it’s quickdraw but in reverse and only works when your gun is out of ammo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heh, game discs. I tried to boot up Rock Band 4 over the weekend and it said "Insert Disc" and I realized I will never again play Rock Band 4

woah they made a rock band 4?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I know right? You’ve thrown all yours in fits of rage too?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rock band four-tnite

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

the good fax machine posted:

woah they made a rock band 4?

It sucks. Modern consoles introduce an unavoidable amount of AV latency that makes you have to intentionally play off beat.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it’s quickdraw but in reverse and only works when your gun is out of ammo

It owns on breech GLs but can't be equipped on mountaintop, lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Just learn to play real guitar lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Real guitars have a lot of strengths, but Rock Band guitars WON'T ruin a party when you bust one out

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Real guitars have a lot of strengths, but Rock Band guitars WON'T ruin a party when you bust one out

*All the other military officers pull out key rings*
*Officer GoGo pulls out a rock band guitar*

Wrong

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

B-but the basis of your story is you trying to play the game :psyduck:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Did I just get :thejoke:'d

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

B-but the basis of your story is you trying to play the game :psyduck:

Wah?? on Xbox you can launch (or unsuccessfully try to launch) a game by going to Games & Apps and pressing A!

Or are you saying I shouldn't have been trying to play it since it sucks? You make a good point!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Sprint grip owns though.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Sprint grip owns though.

Why.

Curious.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CheeseFactory posted:

Why.

Curious.

It seems like a good idea on slideshot shotguns

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Why.

Curious.

Put one on a hammerhead

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Put one on a hammerhead

I'd give it a crack if i had a good PvP hammerhead.

Mines very much a PvE roll

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 18, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

I'd give ut a crack if i had a good PvP hammerhead.

Mines very much a PvE roll

It’s really good for gambit where a pve roll is probably best*

*editors note: I haven’t played gambit in months so I dunno if hammerheads are still meta for non invaders

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

yes that sniper does look pretty awesome. I totally forgot about it. It blinded people I think?

Blinded them and also caused a 1 or 2 tick of damage to those blinded. I think it also had the highest AA of any sniper??

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It also had iirc stupid ugly sights at a fairly high zoom making it useless.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Yeah pretty much. And not being able to pair it with Last Word.

https://youtu.be/LnjXt_dSL6k

Thats Datto using it back in the day. Oh mannn why does D1 look so loving fun.

Its the same game in the same engine but D1 just looks... cleaner? Faster? Something. Its like D2 is missing the secret spice but its impossible to tell what that spice is.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Their map design philosophy fundamentally changed for D2 when they started chasing competitive. They didn't do poo poo to address this when they went back to 6v6 and changed the game speed so we're playing on the same paintball maps as when the game launched.

Sniper lanes are much more obvious in D2 and the length of the lanes is a lot shorter, while in D1 there was more discovery and long range kills.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah pretty much. And not being able to pair it with Last Word.

https://youtu.be/LnjXt_dSL6k

Thats Datto using it back in the day. Oh mannn why does D1 look so loving fun.

Its the same game in the same engine but D1 just looks... cleaner? Faster? Something. Its like D2 is missing the secret spice but its impossible to tell what that spice is.

It’s whatever fuzzy stuff they did with the rendering engine when they added the new texture poo poo. D1 looked gritty and real, yet stylized. D2 looks a bit cartoony.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I'd agree with that. The d1 more tacticool armor sets were good. Even the iron banner stuff though medieval themed was still practicalish looking.

The d2 stuff is a little more cartoony.

D2 in general was a little more cartoony and dumb with every character trying to make quips. Some of ghosts lines were so bad I wanted to turn dialogue off forever.

D1 had a darker tone and looked a lot better. Maybe some of it is story design as well. D2 has never had anything that felt like actual high stakes compared to say ttk.

They don't have enough of the d1 strike/mission stuff where it's like "we know this bad dude is here, go and murder him for the cause".

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
im happy to be a blind idiot because aside from the armor design in d2 being lovely as hell i dont notice a visual difference between them at all. still looks like destiny

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

BlindSite posted:

Which sniper was this? I don't ever remember seeing it, maybe I never got it.

I find it a lot harder to see poo poo in D2, there's so many particle effects in combat, and they have a lot of crucible maps where the sun gets in my eyes or there are lots of bright elements like the vex maps, and lots of little caves or tunnels where I can't see the enemy players hiding.

BlindSite posted:

D1 had a darker tone and looked a lot better. Maybe some of it is story design as well. D2 has never had anything that felt like actual high stakes compared to say ttk.

There's a lot less Hive stuff, which was the darkest in tone; I think the only Hive crucible maps are on Titan? Which isn't really a Hive environment. So it's a lot of fighting in places like nessus that are cartoony or the Leviathan maps that are all gold and glittery.

Listerine fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 19, 2019

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
D2 also changed how the lighting works, if you go back to D1 things look like they're lit from completely random angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

im happy to be a blind idiot because aside from the armor design in d2 being lovely as hell i dont notice a visual difference between them at all. still looks like destiny

I almost found the vanilla d2 dialogue and design to almost be a parody of destiny in places tbh.