Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
New Dawn might be a total waste of money but I still laugh at people screaming "get this heckin doggo off me" as my...heckin doggo rips them to shreds. I also almost died from a helicopter extraction objective because the dog jumped in the seat I was going to take and I had to run around to the other side.

I'm using the excuse that since the apocalypse was 17 years ago, all these mid-20s badguys are raised entirely on memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I mean, I got FC5 because I really enjoyed 2/3 and what I played of 4, and it was just such a letdown. The gunplay was adequate but uninspiring, the character bits were fun until the seventeenth time their idle dialog repeated itself, and the ending just killed any desire I'd had to ever go back and re-play FC5.

So seeing that I hated the ending (HO HO HO THE CRAZY CHRISTIAN CULT WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT AND YOU hosed EVERYONE BY FIGHTING THEM), I have *zero* desire to play New Dawn in the first place, and now all the stuff I'm seeing/hearing about it just reinforces my feelings.

Like, the end of FC5 means that I never even played the DLC I got since I was an idiot and preordered, that's how fuckin' dumb it was.

I kind of want to play Division 2 but I'm wary that it's also gonna be poo poo.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
I just wanted Blood Dragon 2. :smith:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

I mean, I got FC5 because I really enjoyed 2/3 and what I played of 4, and it was just such a letdown. The gunplay was adequate but uninspiring, the character bits were fun until the seventeenth time their idle dialog repeated itself, and the ending just killed any desire I'd had to ever go back and re-play FC5.

So seeing that I hated the ending (HO HO HO THE CRAZY CHRISTIAN CULT WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT AND YOU hosed EVERYONE BY FIGHTING THEM), I have *zero* desire to play New Dawn in the first place, and now all the stuff I'm seeing/hearing about it just reinforces my feelings.

Like, the end of FC5 means that I never even played the DLC I got since I was an idiot and preordered, that's how fuckin' dumb it was.

I kind of want to play Division 2 but I'm wary that it's also gonna be poo poo.

The FC5 ending loving owned. I absolutely do not understand why people were so upset by it. The cult had nothing to do with the apocalypse - they were just a symptom of what was going on in America and the world while enduring a Trumpian administration.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i loved farcry 2 tbh

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
FC 2 and 3 were fun. I never finished 4, primal, or 5.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
4 was the best of the series. Plenty of open world shenanigans, not really a bunch of bullshit (the Shangri-La stuff was optional-ish), good boss.

FC5 had a really stupid limited selection of weapons and an even dumber upgrade system. New Dawn has a lovely weapon progression system that's grindy but somehow not as obnoxious. It's still really bad though.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I seriously think 2 was probably my favorite far cry game out of all of them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

4 was imo the best they’ve done in mixing imperfect gameplay and imperfect story

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’m the loving weirdo who liked OG Far Cry a lot. Yeah, I liked shooting both mercs and also trigens, whatever.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

iKon posted:

I just wanted Blood Dragon 2. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4sclLQeusw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Professor Bling posted:

I seriously think 2 was probably my favorite far cry game out of all of them

mine too

theres was nothing like starting wildfires in that game, it was rad as hell

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FC4 had a hip-fired MG42. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

man we were so hyped for FC5 too

How they gently caress that up

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

man we were so hyped for FC5 too

How they gently caress that up

3-4 forced kidnappings. Each. Map. Area.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
by making the fuckin' far-right christian cultists correct in the end and playing "I'm not touching you" with the obvious political tones they tried to capitalize on in the first place

edit: yeah also the kidnappings

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I put probably 15 hours into that game and spent almost all of that time getting the animal buddies and then hunting and fishing. That seemed like it was the best way to play that game. Chillin' in a boat with Cheeseburger, hurling beer cans into a lake.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I beat New Dawn. Took about 12 hours because I was taking my time. Last boss took about a half hour to kill because Ubisoft doesn't know how to make a boss.

I might gently caress around with it a bit more but I think I'm done. Probably gonna go pick up Metro on...ugh, the Epic store.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
If you preordered it on steam, supposedly the download will still go through.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

I beat New Dawn. Took about 12 hours because I was taking my time. Last boss took about a half hour to kill because Ubisoft doesn't know how to make a boss.

I might gently caress around with it a bit more but I think I'm done. Probably gonna go pick up Metro on...ugh, the Epic store.

Metro is pretty fun and looks loving amazing with ray tracing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Syrian Lannister posted:

If you preordered it on steam, supposedly the download will still go through.

I don't preorder games anymore, I've been hurt too many times.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Vasudus posted:

I don't preorder games anymore, I've been hurt too many times.

One of these days I’ll learn. My last two were rdr2 which I stopped playing halfway through and ac7, which I still haven’t finished.

But I am proud I stayed far away from 76

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I think BF4 was my last preorder.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Syrian Lannister posted:

One of these days I’ll learn. My last two were rdr2 which I stopped playing halfway through and ac7, which I still haven’t finished.

But I am proud I stayed far away from 76

My last 2 were RDR2 and DCS F14.

I'm pretty sure I'll eventually get my money's worth from both.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPY9R_yyiEM

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

this is art.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Far Cry 5 should've been Far Cry: Crab Rangoon and you help Pagan clean up the place from the group that either wants to turn the country into a theocracy featuring a 12 year old as the manifestation of their god that Sabal wants to have sex with or a drug state defended by child soldiers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Capn Beeb posted:

Far Cry 5 should've been Far Cry: Crab Rangoon and you help Pagan clean up the place from the group that either wants to turn the country into a theocracy featuring a 12 year old as the manifestation of their god that Sabal wants to have sex with or a drug state defended by child soldiers.

Ubisoft hire this man.

Also make an rear end Creed set in feudal Japan.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
While we got the wishlist going Fallout 4 makes me so mad I want Raider mode where I literally burn everything to the ground and murder and enslave everyone and I never have to pick up anything because that's what thralls are for.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

pretty good

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

not caring here posted:

While we got the wishlist going Fallout 4 makes me so mad I want Raider mode where I literally burn everything to the ground and murder and enslave everyone and I never have to pick up anything because that's what thralls are for.
I'm pretty sure that you can do most of this already. :confused:

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

not caring here posted:

Check out the sim settlements mod with it's conqueror addon. It pre-builds the settlements around the map so you can do other poo poo instead of playing wasteland minecraft

Plus it lets you kill Preston Garvey and all his friends when you first meet them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Anthem is not getting good praise. Really hoping this turns out to be a huge turd now that FO76 comedy is running low.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Anthem is not getting good praise. Really hoping this turns out to be a huge turd now that FO76 comedy is running low.

If you thought Bethesda fanboys were bad wait’ll you see what BioWare ones are like

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

didnt we already see that with me3

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
ME2 was hard to top. And boy they sure did not try to with ME3.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Games thread is getting into gear for the typical Bad AAA Game cycle where two or three guys post non stop about how the people criticizing the game need to get a life and/or belong to a conspiracy of haters.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really wanted to have a cool new good loot shooter but I looked at like two videos of Anthem and was like 'lolnope'

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm gonna laugh if Anthem somehow out-andromedas andromeda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It won’t because nobody had any real expectations or hopes for it beyond being curious what the product of a 6 year dev cycle would look like for BioWare (not much apparently)